Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath Spring Half Marathon (Bohermeen) March 3rd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

chinguetti wrote: »
    Oh that second lap is tough going as you know who have 2 miles uphill when you go over the motorway
    Thats makes it sound worse than it is. The two inclines are within a 2 mile stretch but there is some flat / downhill in between.
    belcarra wrote: »
    Anyone going for sub 90 this time round?
    Seems like a good target for me to aim for and I believe there are pacers for the job too...
    I'll be hoping to break 90 mins or at least come very close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

My memory must be going but i thought that once you went over the motorway it was turn left and a sharp hill and then a drag up to the finish. Must check my log when i get home but i'ld still say its a PB course and wouldn't put anyone off doing it.

Belcarra - no chance of a sub 1.30 for me this year. I'm on a long road back to get to that kind of form again so i'll be aiming for a comfortable 1.40/1.45 or so. I'll know more closer to the time but the longest lsr i've done since November is 6 miles so Bohermeen is for fun for me. The aim is to finish a race with no pain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

belcarra wrote: »
    Anyone going for sub 90 this time round?
    Seems like a good target for me to aim for and I believe there are pacers for the job too.
    menoscemo wrote: »
    I'll probably run it as a PMP run alright.

Ah that's no good to me..meno, run it as a PHMP run!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

My memory must be going but i thought that once you went over the motorway it was turn left and a sharp hill and then a drag up to the finish. Must check my log when i get home but i'ld still say its a PB course and wouldn't put anyone off doing it.

Belcarra - no chance of a sub 1.30 for me this year. I'm on a long road back to get to that kind of form again so i'll be aiming for a comfortable 1.40/1.45 or so. I'll know more closer to the time but the longest lsr i've done since November is 6 miles so Bohermeen is for fun for me. The aim is to finish a race with no pain

Now if you had an online training log...etc, etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭overpronator

I think alot of peoples definition of hills and long drags is probably a little different, i.e if you're training for Connemara then it will be different to me who runs most of my "hills" in the Phoenix park. Ive heard that its slightly faster than the race series half so that's a good barometer for alot of us I reckon.

I'm holding onto the idea that this is a PB course, albeit with some hills! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

No there is still a good stretch of road between when you go over the motorway and the left turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Trampas

Can someone post a garmin link or whatever they use for the course?

Trampas wrote: »
    Can someone post a garmin link or whatever they use for the course?

Here's one that was floating about!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/154865683

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

blockic wrote: »
    Ah that's no good to me..meno, run it as a PHMP run!;)

It's just 2 weeks after the 50k and 6 weeks before London. If I run it flat out I'll be leaving myself another 'easy' week after which doesn't leave a lot of time for specific Mp training for London. I think a Hm at Mp will be a very good indicator of where I am at (by examining the HR) while leaving me able for a hard week of training the week after.

I may cange my mid of course :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

menoscemo wrote: »

It's just 2 weeks after the 50k and 6 weeks before London. If I run it flat out I'll be leaving myself another 'easy' week after which doesn't leave a lot of time for specific Mp training for London. I think a Hm at Mp will be a very good indicator of where I am at (by examining the HR) while leaving me able for a hard week of training the week after.

I may cange my mid of course :pac:
    I wouldn't normally agree with u Niall but u hit Thr money. 7 mile warm up and race at mp and it's as good as a pb in my book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭loughie

Ran this last year and signed up again today. Ran a PB (by 2 secs) last year but crocked myself sprinting down the track finish!

2 laps and good ould drag up for the last mile of each lap..........although from looking at my garmin profile they only put the hill(s) in for the second lap!!

http://connect.garmin.com/player/155002650

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Signed up for this race looking forward to it

beeduybe's memory is better than mine. Checked my log and its a sharp hill, flat and then a drag so hope that ends any confusion I caused.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Just registered for this, as i dont have a spring goal race at the moment.

Gets me away from the shorter stuff anyway. Hopefully I can shave a few minutes off the Marathon series half last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Signed up for this too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tattycoram

Signed up for this as part of my Paris Marathon build up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Signed up for 5k. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

My memory must be going

Ahem.... You are 40 now ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Ahem.... You are 40 now ;)

Ah yeah but you're my hope that it will all work out fine Digs.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Trampas

anyone know how many spaces are left in the HM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭PippaChic

I signed up for this last November, I haven't followed the training schedule as planned but I feel prepared and I'm looking forward to it.

It will be my first time doing a half-marathon (longest race was 10km).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

PippaChic wrote: »
    I signed up for this last November, I haven't followed the training schedule as planned but I feel prepared and I'm looking forward to it.

It will be my first time doing a half-marathon (longest race was 10km).

You will be grand, just taper the last week and enjoy the race

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Walsht

Hi all not long to go now, just a few updates as entries are filling up fast we now can confirm 5 pacers to cover 1.45, 2hr an 2.15 times. Still looking for some more if anyone intrested for 1.30 or less, this should help out with the start and also be a good incentive to do a PB, any questions please forward them on to me and I will help you out. Find us on Facebook as well for more info.
    Tony
    Bohermeen AC

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭PippaChic

Walsht wrote: »
    Hi all not long to go now, just a few updates as entries are filling up fast we now can confirm 5 pacers to cover 1.45, 2hr an 2.15 times. Still looking for some more if anyone intrested for 1.30 or less, this should help out with the start and also be a good incentive to do a PB, any questions please forward them on to me and I will help you out. Find us on Facebook as well for more info.
    Tony
    Bohermeen AC
    What is the maximum time you will be covering? If I continue at the same pace I did my 16km run last week I should have a time of 2 hr 15 mins (yes I'm slow compared to all you super athletes on this thread :D), will I have a time if I take longer than that - I hope you can understand what I mean!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

PippaChic wrote: »
    What is the maximum time you will be covering? If I continue at the same pace I did my 16km run last week I should have a time of 2 hr 15 mins (yes I'm slow compared to all you super athletes on this thread :D), will I have a time if I take longer than that - I hope you can understand what I mean!!
    Don't worry PC, you'll have plenty of time to finish. The pacers are just to help you get a goal time. The course will probably be open for 3hrs at least. I'm sure walsht will be back to confirm shortly.

Tony
    Bohermeen AC

Nice one Tony, looking forward to it. How many entries are your going to allow/expecting.

Hi PC no need to worry about time we wont be leaving until the last Athlete is finished and you will have pleanty of company with that time.

Numbers are rising fast and we are limited to 1000 for the half and we wont have any entry on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

would love a 1.35 or 1.40 pacer!

We are on the lookout for more pacers, hope to confirm more soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Tony
    Bohermeen AC

How many are you expecting for the 5k?
    Any chance of a sub 20 pacer for the 5k :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement