Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile Unlimited Calls and Texts plus 15Gb data €32 a month SIM only.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

I checked this offer out but have decided to go with TescoMobile's new offer http://www.tescomobile.ie/half-price-unlimited-promotion.aspx (10,000 texts, 10,000 mins and 15GB of data for €35 a month, 30 day SIM-only) It's on O2's network (which I'm with anyways, and happy with).

Might be an option for people? I did a bit of reading up on eMobile and many people have had complaints with data?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Lycamobile's €29 bundle offer might also be an option especially when coupled with their current double credit on online topups offer:

http://www.lycamobile.ie/special-offers/en

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

jprender wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm quite interested in taking up this deal, but I just have a quick question.

I currently have a work phone (I-phone), and the company I work for has a business account with O2 (not under contract currently).

If I switch to emobile (as an individual customer obviously), will my iphone just accept the new sim from emobile and start to work straight away?, or do I need to have my phone unlocked or something like that ?

Many thanks :)

Hi jpender,

If the phone is locked to o2 you would need to arrange for it to be unlocked before it would hold an eMobile SIM.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

TM wrote: »
    Which offer is that?

http://www.lycamobile.ie/special-offers/en

Is it this their double online topup credit offer plus this

Plus some other calls + texts bundle?

I find it difficult to figure out what the magic combination of offers is here. :o

And everything being time limited by a month or so puts me off them a bit. Or do they just keep rolling this on by a month or whatever?

Am with 48 at the moment but would switch to Lyca if I thought I'd get a better deal (e.g. more or unlimited landline mins). 48's call minutes/SMS/data caps (other than the measly 20 landline mins p.m.) are not an issue for me as I never hit them.

Yeah its the double top up offer plus the Unlimited bundle ... so you top up by €20 online, and get €40 credit. Then you can buy the Unlimited bundle for €29 and have unlimited calls, texts and data (9Gb). Plus you should have a balance of €11 credit to use as well (€40 minus the €29 spent on the bundle).

The difference compared to 48Months €20 offer is, the call allowance is 10,000 minutes and includes landline calls. The data allowance is 9Gb with Lyca, its 3Gb with 48Months. That's 3 times as much data. The Lyca offers are month to month though.

Double Credit online: http://www.lycamobile.ie/extra-credit/en
    Bundles: http://www.lycamobile.ie/bundles/en

Thanks Oracle. If I knew that the offer was available for an effective cost of €20 on an ongoing basis I'd certainly jump at it even if I'd never reach those limits. But the effectively unlimited landline calls verus the measly 20 mins from 48 would probably swing it. Do you know how long/consistently they have been doing the double credit offer or do they only do it for a month from time to time?

(Apologies if I'm dragging this thread off topic! :o)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

How are they meant to text me :pac:

Hi tallaghmick,

If you switch to eMobile Meteor customers who are availing of Meteor to Meteor texts will be able to text you for free.

Tony

TM wrote: »
    Thanks Oracle. If I knew that the offer was available for an effective cost of €20 on an ongoing basis I'd certainly jump at it even if I'd never reach those limits. But the effectively unlimited landline calls verus the measly 20 mins from 48 would probably swing it. Do you know how long/consistently they have been doing the double credit offer or do they only do it for a month from time to time?

(Apologies if I'm dragging this thread off topic! :o)

I think they've been offering the double credit since September. They've been renewing it every month. Even if they stopped the double credit offer, they've still the cheapest unlimited plan available at €29/month.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

What network do Lycamobile use?
    Wonder will O2 or Vodaphone bring out a similar deal to 48 / Lycamobile & eMobile ?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Lycamobile are an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) who operate on the O2 network.

What network do Lycamobile use?
    Wonder will O2 or Vodaphone bring out a similar deal to 48 / Lycamobile & eMobile ?

I doubt it. 48 Months is an O2 company and Lycamobile uses the O2 network. Vodafone just aren't at the races at all. They haven't had a competitive offer in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Which network has the best Data speeds?
    Are 48s / Lycamobiles data speeds throttled? compared to the actual data speed of being on O2 ?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

This long thread has some info on 48's data speeds which seem to be (significantly?) slower than O2's even though they operate on O2:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056531404

Don't know about Lycamobile...

Regarding eMobile's deposit/prepayment policy on this offer this post may be of interest to some people here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81662199&postcount=15

I got an alert about another post here from a user named finnegan101 yesterday on the same topic but it seems to have disappeared. I won't repost it from the alert in case it was removed by the mods for some reason although it didn't look contentious in any way that I could see...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Hi tallaghmick,

If you switch to eMobile Meteor customers who are availing of Meteor to Meteor texts will be able to text you for free.

Tony

Such a pity its not Vodafone that can text you for free. Most of the people I text are on Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

padocon wrote: »
    Such a pity its not Vodafone that can text you for free. Most of the people I text are on Vodafone.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

:confused::confused::confused:

Some people would be dangerous if they actually read threads........:D

Advertisement