Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile Unlimited Calls and Texts plus 15Gb data €32 a month SIM only.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

I'd also like to know what roaming charges are like, and would the coverage of eMobile be upto the standards of other companies like O2?

I'm currently paying €35 for 250 mins, 250 txts, 250 megs with O2 and find it very restrictive, so this looks very tempting!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tartanarmy

Do EMobile offer international webtexts. I'm with O2 at the moment but this deal would be much better than what I'm currently on price wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 caseygkcg

In relation to coverage on the eMobile network. My experience is that it is fine for calls and texts throughout the country. There are roaming agreements in place where it does not have its own coverage but data coverage is not yet as good as other networks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Is roaming free in Europe like it is for meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Lenny wrote: »

No it's not free like Meteor. It's free to receive calls while roaming in UK/NI, if you select T-Mobile/Orange, otherwise it's 9c a minute to receive a call in Europe: http://roaming.emobile.ie/overview.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

I switched to Meteor early this year as offer was too good to reject. Had been O2 for personal and Vodafone for work. Meteor fine if you stay in cities in Ireland in my experience. Does not work in Connemara areas as no signal whatsoever in Lennane - mind you only company that works there is 3. As for traveling, no service in Dubai or New York but always had with O2 and Vodafone so I now have to transfer personal to work phone for calls when away but then don't get texts but get around this a bit with iMessage. If you need your phone to work while traveling, Emobile and Meteor are no no's in my experience:-)

You could also use a workaround for eMobile to get free roaming:
    1. Get a free Meteor SIM with a new number. Text "Europe" to 50104 to opt-in to free roaming.
    2. Before you travel, divert all your calls from your eMobile number to the new Meteor number for free (eMobile to Meteor calls are free).
    3. Take the Meteor phone with you while travelling.
    You'll then have "free to receive" calls in Europe. This would also work with eMobile Prepay, eMobile to Meteor calls are free, with top-up. Remember to remove the divert when you return to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Hi Nava,

That's correct, I need a micro-sim and see they are not in stock however it would be good to see when they are available. I want to get signed up asap, given the furore around the iPhone 5 I thought there would be a lot more micro-sims available after everyone upgraded! :)

Cheers!
    Boscoirl wrote: »
    Signed uptothis 2 nights ago, they didn't have a micro sim, went for the regular one, I will just cut it down,

Anyone know how long it takes to get approved. Sent my is stuff in at time of signing up..
    They will cut them in the emboile/meteor shops for free (or at least they do in Athlone)
    I have a sim cutter myself, but I just think its bizzare for them to run out.

also anyone know if yea sign up to this is it a promo and end in 6months-1 years time? or is it for good?

Just to confirm, my sim pack arrived today and it's actually a dual type sim.
    Both full size and micro.

225584.JPG

The sim has it's own numberbut I'm porting. No info on the port.
    I presume you just stick the sim into the phone and the magic happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

kaizersoze wrote: »
    The sim has it's own numberbut I'm porting. No info on the port.
    I presume you just stick the sim into the phone and the magic happens

You have to call them to port your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You have to call them to port your number.

Aye. did that earlier. 4 minute port. :)

• Advertisement

Anyone know how this works if you're moving from O2 with some months left on the contract? If I apply for Eircom EMobile, do they take care of things in the background and I get a final bill from O2 separately looking for the money for the rest of the contract?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

ando wrote: »
    Anyone know how this works if you're moving from O2 with some months left on the contract? If I apply for Eircom EMobile, do they take care of things in the background and I get a final bill from O2 separately looking for the money for the rest of the contract?

O2 might even block the port of the number or they will send you a bill for the rest of you contract, of you do not pay it they will get debs collectors after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I tried to sign up sent everything requested plus an Electric Ireland bill as proof of address then got an email today saying it was not an acceptable proof of address and if i send a letter from a bank they need to sign it! :pac:

I tried to sign up sent everything requested plus an Electric Ireland bill as proof of address then got an email today saying it was not an acceptable proof of address and if i send a letter from a bank they need to sign it! :pac:

hmm, interesting. I've after signing up with driving license and bank statement which I got from the net..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Does any one know would it be possible to get this now and not port over until Mid-November?!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

kmart6 wrote: »
    Does any one know would it be possible to get this now and not port over until Mid-November?!

I have done that from an existing Emobile contract that ends in mid November. You may have to buy the sim now and port over when your current deal ends if coming from another network. Chances are this deal will be extended anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

zenit wrote: »
    I have done that from an existing Emobile contract that ends in mid November. You may have to buy the sim now and port over when your current deal ends if coming from another network. Chances are this deal will be extended anyway.
    Well see I'm currently in NY, but only get home towards the end of November! Number is currently on Meteor PAYG so don't have to worry about a contract really!

Just seems like a great off and not one to miss!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

This seems like a good deal... Is it open to ore existing eMobile customers though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Apparently my new simcard arrived yesterday, away with work until tomorrow evening, so hopefully I can get home in time to port before porting hours close

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

To be honest, to those who are thinking of getting in on the offer late, or are not around before the closing date, I have a feeling that the offer will not be extended. Look at their previous half price offer that they gave only a few months ago (and only ending on the tenth of this month), this was closed, not extended and not being reproduced. They do not seem to extend offers, even if they were fairly popular.

I am thinking of moving across myself to this offer. However, for those thinking of moving, don't forget some downsides to the service. I am comparing these pros and cons versus the 3Pay account that I have.

- eMobile do not have international roaming agreements (for free usage) like 3LikeHome
    - If you don't make many phone calls, then it's not really for you.
    - You are sharing services with Meteor, whose 3G data is NOT as modern as Three or Vodafone.
    - More than likely Meteor/eMobile will not get 4G when it comes out. If you're on a contract, therefore, you're locked in to an older data service.

That said, it's a shit-hot offer, and I am still interested.
    If only a phone was included! But beggars can't be choosers.

HTH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Called into my local emoblie store today was told the offer has gone & its now 39e unlimited txts,calls 5gb of internet??? Anyone else try sign up for this deal last few days,is there a case to haggle for the old deal???

• Registered Users Posts: 39 strawberrytart

I was into the local emobile store at lunch too and it seems its just an online offer, the rep i was dealing with didnt know anything about it but i got it just now online.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Can someone clarify if I'm too late to get in on this? My sister wants me to organise this for her but she's with Vodafone and needs her phone unlocked which Vodafone has said can take over a week.
    If she orders a sim now will that guarantee her this offer? Or does the port over have to happen by this Wednesday ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Order now and she will be fine, then port when it suits her

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Oracle wrote: »
    eMobile Select Unlimited €32 per month for everyone (Eircom and non-Eircom customers, no voucher required). It's a SIM only 30 day rolling contract, with unlimited calls and texts, plus 15Gb of data. Sign up before October 31st.

Currently on Bill pay smart lite with Meteor. It's free meteor calls/texts, 200 mins, 200 txts, 1GB internet for €15, although my bills are normally around €30. I would sign up for this only I'd have to give Meteor a months notice, and by then this deal would be over...unless I'm missing something? Is there a way around that?

Tusky wrote: »
    Currently on Bill pay smart lite with Meteor. It's free meteor calls/texts, 200 mins, 200 txts, 1GB internet for €15, although my bills are normally around €30. I would sign up for this only I'd have to give Meteor a months notice, and by then this deal would be over...unless I'm missing something? Is there a way around that?

If I where you I'd give Meteor notice anyway. Then if eMobile does extend the offer into November, you'd be ready to move. If they don't you could always cancel the notice with Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Oracle wrote: »

If I where you I'd give Meteor notice anyway. Then if eMobile does extend the offer into November, you'd be ready to move. If they don't you could always cancel the notice with Meteor.

If I give meteor notice today, could I ring eMobile today and tell them ill be ready to move on x date - of would they have none of that? Assuming offer is not bring extended.

Tusky wrote: »
    If I give meteor notice today, could I ring eMobile today and tell them ill be ready to move on x date - of would they have none of that? Assuming offer is not bring extended.

Yeah, as far as I know, you can order online now, then port over your number whenever you're ready. This is an online only offer though, it's not available in eMobile shops, or over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

Is this €32 ex vat?

• Advertisement

mada999 wrote: »
    Is this €32 ex vat?

This is a consumer offer, so the price includes VAT.

Advertisement