Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile Unlimited Calls and Texts plus 15Gb data €32 a month SIM only.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

lester76 wrote: »
    Called into my local emoblie store today was told the offer has gone & its now 39e unlimited txts,calls 5gb of internet??? Anyone else try sign up for this deal last few days,is there a case to haggle for the old deal???

Online only. http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/detailsCallTextBrowse/?gid=48#

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

Have any existing emobile customers managed to switch to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

lester76 wrote: »
    Called into my local emoblie store today was told the offer has gone & its now 39e unlimited txts,calls 5gb of internet??? Anyone else try sign up for this deal last few days,is there a case to haggle for the old deal???

Online offer only. I signed up yesterday (I'm currently on o2). I sent my drivers license and a 4 month old bank statement. They got back to me today to say they needed more evidence of my place of residence... so had to go off to the Credit Union to get an upto date statement.

They said the porting over from another network to theirs takes between 24/48 hours.

PS, for anyone thats on O2. I rang up o2 and told them what I was upto. The best they could do for me (from a package that gives me 250mins, 250 txts and 250 megs for €35) was to say they would add 1 gig to my data package, but at an extra cost of €10... so €45 altogether. Mad! Why would I ever do it, pay €13 extra a month for a far inferior plan. Bye O2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Can anyone clarify the earlier point that this will be an 18 month contract?
    It should be SIM Only, on a rolling 30 day contract, but the terms and conditions on the page says differently.

"All prices are based on 18 month contract and eircom customer discount included. To view details simpl select plan."

(I scrapped the Eircom bit, as that is proven as irrelevant.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

It should be SIM Only, on a rolling 30 day contract, but the terms and conditions on the page says differently.

"All prices are based on 18 month contract and eircom customer discount included. To view details simpl select plan."

Well I signed up for a 30 day SIM only contract and eMobile can bite my shiny metal ass if they think otherwise.:D
    Choose from a 30 day SIM only plan or a 12 or 18 month contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Here's the 'finer details' of that specfic promotional offer which you can see if you click on the 'tiny winy' size font link at the end of the info on their webpage....

Looks fine - like it is on a per monthly basis rather than being 'tied into' any longer term contract so I'd say you're ok etc..

http://www.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/Select_Unlimited_SIM_Only_Half_Price_Offer_Terms.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Hey everyone, I want to sign my sister up for this over the weekend but can anyone tell me what they will need her to send to them afterwards? Do they need ID/ proof of address etc? And if so do you have to post this or can you scan them in and email?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 strawberrytart

You need either passport or driving licence - something with a picture, and then a letter as proof of address- needs to be something recent like an ESB bill or bank statement, you can scan and email them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Aye. did that earlier. 4 minute port. :)

Rang them 40min ago, now I am just staring at my phone waiting for the O2 coverage to go. Me has afeeling it'll take the full time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Here's the 'finer details' of that specfic promotional offer which you can see if you click on the 'tiny winy' size font link at the end of the info on their webpage....

Looks fine - like it is on a per monthly basis rather than being 'tied into' any longer term contract so I'd say you're ok etc..

http://www.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/Select_Unlimited_SIM_Only_Half_Price_Offer_Terms.pdf

There's an important condition to be aware of within those terms and conditions, clause 4 says to continue to avail of the offer, your account must be paid up to date and in good standing. So be careful about getting into arrears, or missing payments, for example unpaid direct debits:
    4. This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other third party discount or voucher scheme or other eircom/eMobile offers/promotions including the eircom fixed line discount. To continue to avail of the Offer your account must be paid up to date and in good standing.

• Advertisement

Just to fill people in, after speaking to customer care today they have confirmed that the service is on a 30 day contract.

If you are thinking of moving network, just give them a month's notice. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

After 30 days, can you carry over the 32 euro and use this on calls or do you have to top up again immediately to be able to make calls. I read the website and its not clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

I just signed moved my daughter from Meteor last week to Emobile on their 30-20 pay as you go deal (250 mins, 250 txts, 250 mb + unlimited landline calls and meteor to emobile texts and calls) for €20 a month. I'd like to get her on to that select 300 plan - a lot extra for €2 a month. I rang customer care and they said I had to do it online, but when I went on-line there seemed to be different prices for different parts of the plan i.e. €10 for 1gb internet, €10 for extra texts and calls - are thes add-ons or do I have to make up a package? Can anybody confirm that you get 300 mins, 300 texts and 3gb + landline and meteor calls and texts for €22? seeing as I'm already with them - will there be a disruption to the service?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Thanks for the reply. Can I do this in-store? I'm assuming that her service will be down until I get the new sim, which could take a couple of days?

kingaaa wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Can I do this in-store? I'm assuming that her service will be down until I get the new sim, which could take a couple of days?

No, these half-price offers are online only, they're not available in store or over the phone, and they're only valid until October 31st. Your daughters service shouldn't be down at all if shes transferring from Prepay to Billpay with the same operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

can anyone clarify, is this a 30 day contract or are we getting locked into 18 month contracts?? It all seems a bit ambiguous so I can't tell for sure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

augusta24 wrote: »
    can anyone clarify, is this a 30 day contract or are we getting locked into 18 month contracts?? It all seems a bit ambiguous so I can't tell for sure :rolleyes:

I'd like to find this out as well?? Seems too good to be true for a monthly payg offer.

According to the terms and conditions it allows you to quit once you give them 30 days notice. See below terms and conditions:

2.2 If you are a Bill Pay customer, you may not terminate this Agreement during the Minimum Period. If the Agreement is terminated by you during the Minimum Period, you are liable to a termination charge calculated as the sum of the monthly Charges which would otherwise be payable from the date of such termination by you until the end of the Minimum Period. On expiry of the Minimum Period either party may terminate this Agreement on the giving of 30 days prior written notice to the other.

2.3 If you are a Sim Only Customer the provisions of clause 2.2 do not apply to you and the Agreement may be terminated by you or by us on the giving of thirty (30) days written notice to the other. In the event that we do not receive thirty days written notice from you, you acknowledge that you will be liable to pay us a termination charge amounting to one month's Charges payable under the SIM Only Price Plan you subscribed to.

• Advertisement

Bump ** Last day **

Last day for this half-price promo unless its extended:

€32 per month unlimited calls, texts and 15Gb data 30 day SIM only.

€22.37 per month for 300 mins, 300 texts and 2Gb data 30 day SIM only.

Signed up today, will await delivery. 7 day cooling-off so I can cancel if the offer is extended.
    I am waiting to see how the service is and if any other network throws a better offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tartanarmy

Dies anyone have an email address to send their docs to Emobile on (passport, bill etc). I'm getting a delivery failure from the one they supplied.
    salessupport@eircom.ie

Thats the address that worked for me, got a reply back to confirm receipt of documents from that address too

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭keizer

It says available until November 30th now

keizer wrote: »
    It says available until November 30th now

Feckers.. I cancelled my O2 account early due to the offer ending in October.... Grrr

I ordered and signed up for this deal last tuesday, sent off my documents the same day and got a confirmation email back to say they had received the documents but nothing since. Got a dispatch email this morning for the sim but havent heard whether my application for contract has been accepted or not, do they usually confirm this or do i just assume everything is alright?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

tartanarmy wrote: »
    Dies anyone have an email address to send their docs to Emobile on (passport, bill etc). I'm getting a delivery failure from the one they supplied.
    salessupport@eircom.ie

I can't send mine either??

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tartanarmy

try customercare@eircom.ie
    & say its for the sales team. No undelivered report back so presume it went thru ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Any other current offers besides eMobile and 48 that are worth considering?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Advertisement