Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile Unlimited Calls and Texts plus 15Gb data €32 a month SIM only.

Options
  • 18-10-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

eMobile Select Unlimited €32 per month for everyone (Eircom and non-Eircom customers, no voucher required). It's a SIM only 30 day rolling contract, with unlimited calls and texts, plus 15Gb of data. Sign up before October 31st.
    October online exclusive offer
    Half price on SIM Only, now only €32 a month.
    Available when you sign up before October 31st.

Also Select 300 (300 mins, 300 texts and 2Gb data) is half-price at €22 on a 30 day SIM only contract. Plus you get unlimited landline calls and free access to Eircom Wifi Hotspots with both plans.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sakimotosan

Great offer, trying to sign up to the Select 300 sim only however keeps resulting in a 'session expired' notification. I've tried this on different browsers also so it seems to be an issue with the site. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Great offer, trying to sign up to the Select 300 sim only however keeps resulting in a 'session expired' notification. I've tried this on different browsers also so it seems to be an issue with the site. :(

Are you trying to select the MicroSim? Looks like none in stock so you are unable to select it, but you can click on "Buy Now", the problem is when you do click on Buy Now you get the error "session expired" I do not get it for Nano or Regular SIMS

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sakimotosan

nava wrote: »
    Are you trying to select the MicroSim? Looks like none in stock so you are unable to select it, but you can click on "Buy Now", the problem is when you do click on Buy Now you get the error "session expired" I do not get it for Nano or Regular SIMS

Hi Nava,

That's correct, I need a micro-sim and see they are not in stock however it would be good to see when they are available. I want to get signed up asap, given the furore around the iPhone 5 I thought there would be a lot more micro-sims available after everyone upgraded! :)

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Ive been thinking of changing to Emobile,does anyone know if someone on meteor can text Emobile for free? only reason im with Meteor is because most of my friends use that free texts and calls with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

There's a thread on the eMobile forum - here.

But it's from last year. I'd give Meteor a call to be sure!
    Ive been thinking of changing to Emobile,does anyone know if someone on meteor can text Emobile for free? only reason im with Meteor is because most of my friends use that free texts and calls with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

If you have unlimited calls and texts with emobile, surely it doesn't matter what network your friends are on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

If you have unlimited calls and texts with emobile, surely it doesn't matter what network your friends are on!

It matters to his friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Just get them to give you a missed call and ring them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

You can call for free anyway - not sure about texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Do eMobile allow tethering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

yes they do!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Signed uptothis 2 nights ago, they didn't have a micro sim, went for the regular one, I will just cut it down,

Anyone know how long it takes to get approved. Sent my is stuff in at time of signing up..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Very good offer alright! but seriously they're out of micro sims?
    its nearly like they're against smart phone people taking up the contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

How are they meant to text me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 arantaobhline

Does anybody know how long the process takes (once the order is placed) and how does the final switch actually takes place if one is moving network (Meteor -> E-mobile)?

On a sim only contract, If when I decide to move away from eMobile can I just port away or do I need to give them notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

kaizersoze wrote: »
    On a sim only contract, If when I decide to move away from eMobile can I just port away or do I need to give them notice?

http://www.emobile.ie/terms/?/general/website/

If you are a Sim Only Customer the provisions of clause 2.2 do not apply to you and the Agreement may be terminated by you or by us on the giving of thirty (30) days written notice to the other. In the event that we do not receive thirty days written notice from you, you acknowledge that you will be liable to pay us a termination charge amounting to one month's Charges payable under the SIM Only Price Plan you subscribed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Lenny wrote: »
    Very good offer alright! but seriously they're out of micro sims?
    its nearly like they're against smart phone people taking up the contract

They will cut them in the emboile/meteor shops for free (or at least they do in Athlone)

plu wrote: »
    http://www.emobile.ie/terms/?/general/website/

If you are a Sim Only Customer the provisions of clause 2.2 do not apply to you and the Agreement may be terminated by you or by us on the giving of thirty (30) days written notice to the other. In the event that we do not receive thirty days written notice from you, you acknowledge that you will be liable to pay us a termination charge amounting to one month's Charges payable under the SIM Only Price Plan you subscribed to.

Ta. Couldn't find that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

They will cut them in the emboile/meteor shops for free (or at least they do in Athlone)

I have a sim cutter myself, but I just think its bizzare for them to run out.

also anyone know if yea sign up to this is it a promo and end in 6months-1 years time? or is it for good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

I have a sim cutter myself, but I just think its bizzare for them to run out.

also anyone know if yea sign up to this is it a promo and end in 6months-1 years time? or is it for good?

Was on an online chat with them this morning and got it confirmed the price remains for as long as you stay on the plan. I.E. for good.

Now to decide between the €22 and €32 packages.

Grudle wrote: »
    Was on an online chat with them this morning and got it confirmed the price remains for as long as you stay on the plan. I.E. for good.

Now to decide between the €22 and €32 packages.

quite good alright. im gonna be lazy, whats the 22 package?
    I see tesco mobile are doing a deal the same for €29

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

quite good alright. im gonna be lazy, whats the 22 package?
    I see tesco mobile are doing a deal the same for €29

22 has 300 minutes and texts and 2gb of data. Thinking of 15gb of data purely for future proofing reasons.

What's the tesco deal for 29?

its unlimited txts & calls. not sure howmuch data thought, saw it on a bus! €29

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭D_D

22 has 300 minutes and texts and 2gb of data. Thinking of 15gb of data purely for future proofing reasons.

I have an iPhone and have been on the 300 minutes, 300 texts and 2GB data for over a year now. I have never come close to going over the data limit.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yes that is the case, Im on emobile and my wife is with meteor, she has never been charged for a call or text to my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Don't see any...
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/SIM-only-plans.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

The €32 a month sim only deal sounds great. I'm with Vodafone and a heavy user of calls and data. The two main concerns I have moving away from Vodafone are:-

1. Network Quality - How does the Meteor network (which eMobile use?) compare with Vodafone for both GSM calls and 3G Data?

2. What are the call and data roaming rates like with eMobile? I do a lot of travelling and have had some very big bills over the years!!

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

BenThere wrote: »
    The €32 a month sim only deal sounds great. I'm with Vodafone and a heavy user of calls and data. The two main concerns I have moving away from Vodafone are:-

1. Network Quality - How does the Meteor network (which eMobile use?) compare with Vodafone for both GSM calls and 3G Data?

2. What are the call and data roaming rates like with eMobile? I do a lot of travelling and have had some very big bills over the years!!

Ben

I'm interested in this as well and took a look over at the eMobile thread and the majority of posts are about bad coverage :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Signed uptothis 2 nights ago, they didn't have a micro sim, went for the regular one, I will just cut it down,

Anyone know how long it takes to get approved. Sent my is stuff in at time of signing up..

Just got an email to say my sim card has been dispatched, should have it by wednesday

Advertisement