Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile Unlimited Calls and Texts plus 15Gb data €32 a month SIM only.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Any other current offers besides eMobile and 48 that are worth considering?

Tesco Mobile €35 per month unlimited and Lycamobile €29 per month umlimited.

Lycamobile were offering double topups online. So you can get the €19 bundle (350 mins, unlimited texts and data) for a €10 top-up and possibly the €29 unlimited bundle for a €20 top-up: http://www.lycamobile.ie/bundles/en The double top-up offer might be extended for November: http://www.lycamobile.ie/extra-credit/en

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'm kind of regretting the switch. It's due tomorrow, but LycaMobile walk all over it and there's no contract changes. Also, there's no word about the data speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

I'm kind of regretting the switch. It's due tomorrow, but LycaMobile walk all over it and there's no contract changes. Also, there's no word about the data speeds.

How does lycamobile work? What network does it use? I was with 48 but the reception was non existent in my town

** Update **

According to a post on another thread, looks like you can get a free smartphone, at the half-price Select 300 €22/month rate and possibly at the Unlimited €32/month rate, if you opt for a 12 month contract: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81547660&postcount=70

Needs confirmation. Please post back, if this works for you as a non-Eircom customer, thanks.

Doesn't seem to the kicking in for me. I don't want to slap my details in again as I have already booked myself a contract.
    augusta24 wrote: »
    How does lycamobile work? What network does it use? I was with 48 but the reception was non existent in my town

They're using O2, who are also 48. However, 48 don't get the faster 3G speeds (HSPA) as O2 have- they only get slower 3G.

• Advertisement

Doesn't seem to the kicking in for me. I don't want to slap my details in again as I have already booked myself a contract.

The discount is applied at the end though. You'd have to good through to Step 5. Anyway I'm sure someone will confirm. Regarding your contract with eMobile, I think you have 7 days to cancel, from the time you signed up:
    2.5 If you are a consumer concluding a distance contract within the meaning of the EC (Protection of Consumers in Respect of Contracts made by means of Distance Communication) Regulations 2001 you shall, on written notice to us and subject to returning all Equipment to us, have the right to terminate the Services within seven Business Days of us accepting your Application, subject to you not having used the Services or the Equipment.

http://www.emobile.ie/terms/?/general/website/

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

They're using O2, who are also 48. However, 48 don't get the faster 3G speeds (HSPA) as O2 have- they only get slower 3G.

I heard this before, but this never made sense for me as with 48 I never had reception in my entire town (would kick in a few miles down the road though) yet O2 has perfect reception there?? I'm not talking about 3G either I just mean normal phone reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Oracle wrote: »
    There's an important condition to be aware of within those terms and conditions, clause 4 says to continue to avail of the offer, your account must be paid up to date and in good standing. So be careful about getting into arrears, or missing payments, for example unpaid direct debits:

I would not consider that an unreasonable or unexpected or surprising statement for eMobile to have within their T&C. I would consider that very fair & reasonable from a contract perspective.

Just my '2 cents' - nothing at all to worry about ...unless you happen to take out this contract & are unfortunate enough to get into arrears or don't have the funds in your bank account for the direct debits to be processed as scheduled etc..

If in doubt about your finances or you are having difficulty paying your bills or are forgetful about paying bills - don't take out the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

Looks like eMobile have taken out the "end of november" offer and now its just a simple online offer!

Its a 30 day rolling contract, so it should be easy nuff to leave if you really want to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

tartanarmy wrote: »
    Dies anyone have an email address to send their docs to Emobile on (passport, bill etc). I'm getting a delivery failure from the one they supplied.
    salessupport@eircom.ie

If it failed just retry later. I just got a call asking me to because the inbox was probably full due to the volume of interest

ando wrote: »
    Its a 30 day rolling contract, so it should be easy nuff to leave if you really want to
    Yeah, but my current 3Pay offer was pretty hot, so I've decided not to move, on reflection. I'm glad I didn't make the confirmed jump.

3Pay for me:
    Standard 3Pay package (free SMS, weekend calls, data, Skype, Bitbuzz)
    Free €20 per month
    Loyalty packages offered from time to time for some customers

I was an original customer (third on the network, afaik) so get treated like royalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Signed up last week to emobile online offer unlimited €32 on a rolling 30 day contract.
    I got a letter from my bank today(monday) informing me of the direct debit setup.
    Got a text tonight (monday) from emobile on my work phone, they needed to confirm some details. I rang them and confirmed details and the woman on the phone said yes all Ok. .... We need €70 deposit which will be refunded on the 7th bill.
    Hang on its a 30 day contact, 7th bill = 7 months?
    I don't recall seeing this anywhere. I refused to pay this and cancelled my order.
    I'm glad I didn't port my O2 number over.
    If emobile have taken out the €32 from my account I pity the customer service rep I get.

edit: I had this in eircom thread...copied it here for others to see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

markad1 wrote: »
    I don't recall seeing this anywhere.
    Section 6.8 of their terms & conditions?

http://www.emobile.ie/terms/

TM wrote: »
    Section 6.8 of their terms & conditions?

http://www.emobile.ie/terms/

and refund it on the 7th bill on a 30 day contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Hi all,

I'm quite interested in taking up this deal, but I just have a quick question.

I currently have a work phone (I-phone), and the company I work for has a business account with O2 (not under contract currently).

If I switch to emobile (as an individual customer obviously), will my iphone just accept the new sim from emobile and start to work straight away?, or do I need to have my phone unlocked or something like that ?

Many thanks :)

If the iPhone is locked to O2 then you probably need to unlock it even if Lycamobile operate on the same network.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

markad1 wrote: »

and refund it on the 7th bill on a 30 day contract?

That's mental. What exactly is the deposit for? Theres no phone changing hands...I can understand paying a deposit, and having it come out of your first couple of bills (like sky for example) but this seems a strange way to do things. I've signed up too but might cancel because of this.

Yeah Lyca is beating this now anyways .... with the double top-up offer you should be able to get Unlimited calls and texts and 9Gb data for €20.

Tusky wrote: »
    That's mental. What exactly is the deposit for? Theres no phone changing hands...I can understand paying a deposit, and having it come out of your first couple of bills (like sky for example) but this seems a strange way to do things. I've signed up too but might cancel because of this.

No idea what its for. I have emailed and asked for an explanation. I have no credit problems (I'm aware of). All my bills are up to date,I don't understand it.
    I have been with O2 for years and never once had a problem with a bill.
    Even the bit about the deposit refunded on the 7th bill:confused: It's a 30 day contract....who says I'll be there in 7 months :p...actually I won't be I cancelled:D
    I'm very annoyed by it:mad:

• Advertisement

For me it was €130 deposit AND I noticed €1 direct debit taken from my bank account. I was also told on my 7th bill it will be refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sakimotosan

Were both of these line items from POS eMobile on your statement?
    I wasn't aware of any deposit as one would expect from a 30 day rolling contract. I only see the €1 POS item on my statement so I am not sure if there is anything else in there I need to be aware of. If I get this price for 6 months I am happy enough but if that's the case it could have been made much clearer.

I received by sim pack but I haven't started using it yet.
    I intend to transfer my number over from my current provider, does anyone know do I need to cancel my account seperately or do eMobile do this when they transfer my number to the new sim?

I got the "Please contact us to update your details" SMS. When I called, two minutes in after giving all my details, being told the call was recorded and so I on, I was told:

- €70 "deposit" is required.
    - It is taken now
    - It will start to go against your monthly bills after the 7th month
    - Or, after the 7th month, you request it as a refund, and you'll get that instead (if you ask)

She asked if I agree to these charges, I said no.
    She said my contact was cancelled, no deposits or charges were taken from your card so I owe nothing.
    Left by giving me a customer care number.

Call ended, all cancelled, all well.
    To be honest, it is a great offer, but all this sneaky rubbish offsets the value. I personally wouldn't see the worth of it therefore. I'll be cancelling the family's contacts later also.

Avoid.

Oracle wrote: »
    Yeah Lyca is beating this now anyways .... with the double top-up offer you should be able to get Unlimited calls and texts and 9Gb data for €20.
    Which offer is that?

http://www.lycamobile.ie/special-offers/en

Is it this their double online topup credit offer plus this
    Internet Top-up Offer
    Offer valid on each top-up for 30 days until 30.11.2012. Fair usage of 9GB per month for each customer and After 9GB usage, every customer will be charged 15 c/min for each MB.

Plus some other calls + texts bundle?

I find it difficult to figure out what the magic combination of offers is here. :o

And everything being time limited by a month or so puts me off them a bit. Or do they just keep rolling this on by a month or whatever?

Am with 48 at the moment but would switch to Lyca if I thought I'd get a better deal (e.g. more or unlimited landline mins). 48's call minutes/SMS/data caps (other than the measly 20 landline mins p.m.) are not an issue for me as I never hit them.

I got the "Please contact us to update your details" SMS. When I called, two minutes in after giving all my details, being told the call was recorded and so I on, I was told:

- €70 "deposit" is required.
    - It is taken now
    - It will start to go against your monthly bills after the 7th month
    - Or, after the 7th month, you request it as a refund, and you'll get that instead (if you ask)

She asked if I agree to these charges, I said no.
    She said my contact was cancelled, no deposits or charges were taken from your card so I owe nothing.
    Left by giving me a customer care number.

Call ended, all cancelled, all well.
    To be honest, it is a great offer, but all this sneaky rubbish offsets the value. I personally wouldn't see the worth of it therefore. I'll be cancelling the family's contacts later also.

Avoid.

The deposit is most likely there to stop people from jumping ship as soon as they joined, to cover possible admin fees etc. They obviously cant take the standard approach of locking your phone if its a sim only contract, so look to other means to discourage you from joining another carrier

Cant explain why I had to pay €130, when others pay €70?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ando wrote: »
    The deposit is most likely there to stop people from jumping ship as soon as they joined, to cover possible admin fees etc. They obviously cant take the standard approach of locking your phone if its a sim only contract, so look to other means to discourage you from joining another carrier

Cant explain why I had to pay €130, when others pay €70?

Admin fees of €70? Nonsense. The whole point of a 30 day rolling contract is that you arent tied down.

Tusky wrote: »
    Admin fees of €70? Nonsense. The whole point of a 30 day rolling contract is that you arent tied down.

exactly!
    and let's not forget refund on the 7th bill :rolleyes:

Did they say that you'd forfeit the deposit if you exited before 6 months or just refund it then?

I don't understand it either by the way and my earlier post about the terms & conditions was not trying to explain/justify it other than to point out that it's in the terms & conditions that they may charge "a deposit" and to say that it's never mentioned by them is not strictly true.

TM wrote: »
    Did they say that you'd forfeit the deposit if you exited before 6 months?

That's a good question I didn't think of asking that....anyone gets the text to confirm details will you ask that question and let us know

• Advertisement

For what it's worth I asked about it here - if I missed anything please post in that thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81628651&postcount=5

To be honest some of this is arguably moot given that there are seemingly better deals out there - e.g. from Lycamobile (at least at the moment).

Advertisement