Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

McAuliffe Trucking Co

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Know what - I think this has gone on long enough.

Don't get me wrong, one of the best threads on boards to date but the fun is gone out of it now and it's turned in to a witch hunt.

Ok, they made a mistake, actually quite a few going by their vids, then they lied multiple times, then they tried to cover it up with the whole charity thing, then more lies. In fact I should have no sympathy for them at all and I wish they had held up their hands at the start and said, yup that's us, we made an ass of ourselves, and all this would be forgotten about already.

Unfortunately they didn't but I would hate to see the companies concerned severly damaged or go out of business because of this.

Our point was proven long ago and I truly hope they have learned from this.
    I was agreeing with you there, but this:
    Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    In fairness they deserve it. One of these "stunts" could have killed some one.
    along with the fact that they tried to bull****e their way out of it and hide behind their charity shields, feck them! Their business won't close down over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

While the RTE story could have been better and I don't believe it sided with the truckers. I do think it could have tried to bite a bit harder tho. A reference to other videos such as the Paddys day roundabout where I'm sure they had permission from the guards to that along with assessing the risk. The journo just covered his ass a bit too much, where he shouldn't have at all really. All the information was and is available in the free domain along with the excuses put about by the company Truly Irish. Some attempts at re-regs accounts on what appears to be shills and the massive amount of hole digging done on facebook last night etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mikko Mallikas

Yes the RTE article is quite tame, there IS a lot more they could have said, wonder could the be waiting to see if this has any legs as a story so they can follow up tomorrow? It was me who sent it to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

From the RTE article,

In a statement on behalf of the Castleisland-based company, organiser Davy Corkery said the photoshoot was organised to promote a charity truck run, which he plans to organise before Christmas.

So the photoshoot was not part of a charity event on the day but to promote an upcoming event, rather convenient me thinks.

RTE article also confirms road was not closed by gardai, again contradictory to what the company's representatives said earlier on this thread.

Plenty of porkie pies coming out of that company today!

Anyone able to view the exif data on the photos?

Based on not only the reckless danger to other innocent motorists and the half-assed attempts to cover up I'll be adding a certain company to those I boycott.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The Youtube account it was originally hosted on was full of McAuliffe truck videos, are you suggesting they have a fan club?

Maybe they think they're Eddie Stobart :) LOL

Have yet to see Eddie Stobart behaving this way on Irish Public roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

The videos here are a disgrace.
    It is also noteworthy how many people in the motors forum cannot tell a 2+2 from a motorway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭h2005

stoneill wrote: »
    I do believe that they got permission from the local garda to have a photoshoot on the Castleisland roads. The you tube video was an unauthorised video taken by a person not involved in the photoshoot.

As for the car swiping the back of the other truck under the bridge - that's his own fault.
    What do you base this belief on?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

ardmacha wrote: »
    The videos here are a disgrace.
    It is also noteworthy how many people in the motors forum cannot tell a 2+2 from a motorway!

Hitting a stationary truck at 100 kph instead of 120 kph really would not make that much of a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Mr Corkery described those who criticised the photoshoot as "begrudgers".

:confused:

Bloody brilliant, perfectly safe to drive a 40ft down a unclosed road on the wrong side for a 'photoshoot'.

Is anything going to happen about this ? The drivers should be given points maybe a ban and the company fined for this act of clear dangerous driving.

msg11 wrote: »

Bloody brilliant, perfectly safe to drive a 40ft down a unclosed road on the wrong side for a 'photoshoot'.

Is anything going to happen about this ? The drivers should be given points maybe a ban and the company fined for this act of clear dangerous driving.

I'll just leave this here:

Road Safety Authority
    Road Haulage Enforcement
    Clonfert House
    Bride Street
    Loughrea
    Co. Galway

Opening Hours

09:00 - 13:00
    14:00 - 17:00

Contact Details

Telephone: 091 872600
    Email: enforcement@rsa.ie

Just sayin'. ;)

• Advertisement

Yes the RTE article is quite tame, there IS a lot more they could have said, wonder could the be waiting to see if this has any legs as a story so they can follow up tomorrow? It was me who sent it to them.

Do RTE get advertising revenue from Truly Irish I wonder ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

The RTE piece is embarrassing.

The trucks in the video they have on the article shows a car coming the other way having to drive on the hard shoulder. I cannot understand how no one seems to be asking them about that. They keep splurting about a charity thing and having people on the road but the fact remains the trucks were taking over the road on both sides and over a continuous white line and forced an oncoming car into the hard shoulder. And calling protesters be-grudgers is a bit nasty from the company.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Does anyone know if the director of these two companies is any relation to Xavier McAuliffe, the guy behind the GoSafe speed camera consortium?

I seem to recall that he was from that neck of the woods alright. Spectra was based around there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

TBH this wouldnt have stopped me buying simply Irish products at all but all the BS tactics of Sean Mc and his companies here trying to cover this up , misdirect people and ultimately not own their mistakes definitely has.

People arent fools, hell , some are downright forgiving and understand mistakes happen but what nearly everyone cant abide are people trying to lie their way or downright ignore their mistakes.

I wouldnt give 'em a cent from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

The RSA said "Thank you for your email. Unfortunately it does not come within the remit of the RSA. However we have already forwarded this matter to the Gardaí for investigation."

Im appalled that they sent you this response.

Think about that for a second. Road safety doesnt fall under the remit of the ROAD. SAFETY. AUTHORITY. Well in that case I suppose we can wind that organization up then, because if thats the case then I cant fathom what function they could be providing to justify us spending any money on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

hightower1 wrote: »
    TBH this wouldnt have stopped me buying simply Irish products at all but all the BS tactics of Sean Mc and his companies here trying to cover this up , misdirect people and ultimately not own their mistakes definitely has.

People arent fools, hell , some are downright forgiving and understand mistakes happen but what nearly everyone cant abide are people trying to lie their way or downright ignore their mistakes.

And you are one out of 21,500 viewers of this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

msg11 wrote: »

it drives me mental the way any (usually) irish person describes any kind of criticism as begrudgery.
    :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That RTE article really shows that they can't accept that they did anything wrong and/or are still trying to hold back the sea...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

it drives me mental the way any (usually) irish person describes any kind of criticism as begrudgery.
    :mad:

Just because you haven't got 3 DAFs to endanger peoples lives with :p

Originally Posted by My name is URL viewpost.gif
    Does anyone know if the director of these two companies is any relation to Xavier McAuliffe, the guy behind the GoSafe speed camera consortium?
    I seem to recall that he was from that neck of the woods alright. Spectra was based around there ?

He is definitely from Kerry and it's an unusual name around those parts I guess.

Interesting article about him here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1333766/Speed-camera-tycoon-Xavier-McAuliffe-caught-speeding-twice-week.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

Just towards the end of the video part of the OP's post you can see another car approaching in the driving lane, so there were NO staff marshalling traffic for this shoot. This is completely disregarding others safety. Parking any vehicle in the driving lane of a two lane carriageway madness irrespective of whether they vehicle was using its hazards.

I seriously hope the Gardai chase this up and prosecute both drivers and management for flaunting the ROTR repeatedly.

Goodwill on the companies behalf at the very least would be to repair the damage to the two vehicles. Yes the driver shouldn't have changed lanes like that but I don't think they expected a HGV to be parked beneath a flyover in shadow like that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

hightower1 wrote: »

+1. I always like to support Irish companies, and buy Irish whenever I can. In particular I always buy Irish produce and foodstuffs.

But, I don't want to feel like my purchase is supporting dangerous driving and reckless behaviour on the roads. I will not be buying any products that I believe have been transported by this company until they are willing to own up to their mistakes and give an undertaking that it won't happen again.

Unfortunately their current attitude seems to be that they did not do anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

stevenmu wrote: »
    +1. I always like to support Irish companies, and buy Irish whenever I can. In particular I always buy Irish produce and foodstuffs.

But, I don't want to feel like my purchase is supporting dangerous driving and reckless behaviour on the roads. I will not be buying any products that I believe have been transported by this company until they are willing to own up to their mistakes and give an undertaking that it won't happen again.

Unfortunately their current attitude seems to be that they did not do anything wrong.

On their website they say Kerry Ingredients is a satisfied customer. Delivering on behalf of them to Tesco, Superquinn and Musgraves.

You can write to them and say you're not buying any more Dairy Gold etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Looks like weve got 2 McAuliffe personnel posting on the broadsheet thread

Scroll to the very bottom
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/10/17/dual-carraigeway-drama-latest/

stevenmu wrote: »
    I will not be buying any products that I believe have been transported by this company until they are willing to own up to their mistakes and give an undertaking that it won't happen again.

Are you listening Truly Irish? Time to ask your CEO Mike McAuliffe to man up.

This is him, right? Sitting in the boss man's chair.

http://www.mcauliffetrucking.com/images/ger.jpg

Looks a lot like this guy accepting your award.

http://compuweb.ie/_uploadedimages/Dingle-food_trulyirish.ie_d22e4a496d.jpg

But keep on trying to "distance yourself" from your "outside hauliers".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

VinLieger wrote: »

Spellchecker nearly exploded when I pasted this in :D
    Sean on October 17, 2012 at 6:52 pm said:
    Yous people complaing are all the idiots.. McAuliffe trucking is a great buisness who employ a lot of people.. They were rasing money for charity.. I bet you everyone that commented bad things on this dosnt know the first thing about lorrys.. It’s a way of life and they are proud of there lorrys..yous are all the people that have this country the way it is.. McAuliffes try doing something for a great cause and the first thing you do is put them down? Get a life.. Yous arnt complaining of the Eddie stobarts lorrys parked in the head sholders are you? Now how about yous all go back to your sad pathetic lives and mind your own buisness.. I support mcauliffes 110% and I say fair play for what there doing and keep it up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Spellchecker nearly exploded when I pasted this in :D

Yeah, his auld language skills wouldn't be up to much. Wonder is he gonna claim overtime for this?

VinLieger wrote: »

Sean on broadsheet says -

"I support mcauliffes 110% and I say fair play for what there doing and keep it up!!"

Does he mean he hopes they keep breaking the rules of the road and putting peoples lives at risk? !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Sean on October 17, 2012 at 6:52 pm said:
    Yous people complaing are all the idiots.. McAuliffe trucking is a great buisness who employ a lot of people.. They were rasing money for charity.. I bet you everyone that commented bad things on this dosnt know the first thing about lorrys.. It’s a way of life and they are proud of there lorrys..yous are all the people that have this country the way it is.. McAuliffes try doing something for a great cause and the first thing you do is put them down? Get a life.. Yous arnt complaining of the Eddie stobarts lorrys parked in the head sholders are you? Now how about yous all go back to your sad pathetic lives and mind your own buisness.. I support mcauliffes 110% and I say fair play for what there doing and keep it up!!

I'm sure he thinks the Quinns are great lads aswell, and if you dont agree your a begrudger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

MadsL wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here:

Road Safety Authority
    Road Haulage Enforcement
    Clonfert House
    Bride Street
    Loughrea
    Co. Galway

Opening Hours

09:00 - 13:00
    14:00 - 17:00

Contact Details

Telephone: 091 872600
    Email: enforcement@rsa.ie

Just sayin'. ;)

Thanks, i sent an email off to them and to the Garda contact on the website.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement