Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

McAuliffe Trucking Co

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Jaysus they gave Lance Armstrong a job !

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Only catching up with this now...

I've been on Boards well over 10 years and this is probably the best thread I have ever seen, a classic example of what this forum is about.

McAuliffe's/Truly Irish, if you are reading this, YOU ARE A DISGRACE. To endanger peoples lives like you have and then to continue to have the bravado to maintain that it was for charity is sickening. Forcing oncoming motorists into the hard-shoulder whilst driving three trucks abreast, taking up an entire roundabout with your moronic drivers, and almost killing or seriously injuring other motorists by parking on a dual-carriageway.

I feel sorry for any honest employee's at your companies, but I hope you get everything you deserve for your brazen response to this shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Comments on boardsheet.ie are getting deleted now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Dawn Rider wrote: »
    Why not get in contact with their "Satisfied customer" Kerry Ingredients?

Head Office - Contact Details
    Kerry Group plc
    Kerry Group plc
    Prince’s Street
    Tralee
    Co. Kerry
    Ireland
    Tel: +353 66 7182000
    Fax: +353 66 7182961

Corporate Affairs Department
    Frank Hayes
    Director of Corporate Affairs
    Kerry Group plc
    Prince’s Street
    Tralee
    Co. Kerry
    Ireland
    Tel: +353 66 7182304
    Fax: +353 66 7182972
    Email: corpaffairs@ker

Is that not a step too far? Reardless of what they did and how they are behaving, destroying their business isn't going to achieve anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

MadsL wrote: »
    Comments on boardsheet.ie are getting deleted now.

I just had a quick look. Which ones were deleted?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

What has Kerry group done other than use them as a haulage company? They would probably be considering ditching them after this fiasco but unless I'm missing something like the same CEO of Truly Irish is on the board for Kerry group, we shouldn't even be looking at them.

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Is that not a step too far? Reardless of what they did and how they are behaving, destroying their business isn't going to achieve anything

I agree that is tooo much.
    But they do need to step up to the mark and stop playing the victim here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

I've been on Boards well over 10 years and this is probably the best thread I have ever seen, a classic example of what this forum is about.

McAuliffe's/Truly Irish, if you are reading this, YOU ARE A DISGRACE. To endanger peoples lives like you have and then to continue to have the bravado to maintain that it was for charity is sickening. Forcing oncoming motorists into the hard-shoulder whilst driving three trucks abreast, taking up an entire roundabout with your moronic drivers, and almost killing or seriously injuring other motorists by parking on a dual-carriageway.

I feel sorry for any honest employee's at your companies, but I hope you get everything you deserve for your brazen response to this shambles.

+1. As has already been said a few times, this thread definitely deserves legendary status.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Remmy wrote: »

I don't know if they're being deleted, but the story is no longer on the app. And I posted two comments which weren't posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

What these two companies need to do is just apologise for their dangerous behavior and their woeful attempts at covering things up.
    If they did that they would have a lot less people on their case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

I prefer Omnishambles! ;)

I don't know if they're being deleted, but the story is no longer on the app. And I posted two comments which weren't posted.
    I just posted a reply to Sean and it came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

My last post was directed at the poster who said he won't buy products transported by this company.

Shall I remove the post?

Remmy wrote: »

This comment:

That you again Shane?

Tell Mike to stop letting the staff respond to this and own up and apologise. It will go better for you. either that or call those PR professionals you decided to “pick the brains” of and not hire. Not such a smart move.

“PR Consultants wanted to know our budget and we
    learnt very quickly that whatever we had, they would
    gladly take, so, we picked their brains and did it
    ourselves.”

http://www.nrn.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Justin-Kavanagh-Truly-Irish-Country-Foods-NRDC2011.pdf

Penny wise, pound foolish.

Dawn Rider wrote: »
    My last post was directed at the poster who said he won't buy products transported by this company.

Shall I remove the post?

Sorry I think a few of us missed your sarcasm :D

Perhaps best to edit it and let everyone else know it was a sarcastic reply :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Dartz

Keep beating, the horse isn't dead yet!

Is it just me, or is 'People like you have the country the way it is today' becoming the new Nazi comparison for Ireland. Like Godwin's corollary for the Irish.

Anyone who makes the suggestion without grounds, immediately loses the argument.

I'm sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

Yawns wrote: »
    Sorry I think a few of us missed your sarcasm :D

Perhaps best to edit it and let everyone else know it was a sarcastic reply :D

What I'll do is whip it down.

It can be read / misread a number of ways.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

A secret video reaction at McAuliffe Trucking Co has emerged :)
    What a thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

That answers the first video. But what about the one with the three trucks driving abreast on the road???:confused:

Last time I saw something that dangerous was when the travellers were harness racing with jeeps and vans taking up the whole road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭h2005

A secret video reaction at McAuliffe Trucking Co has emerged :)
    What a thread!

Best post in the thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Also disappointed by the RTE article. The attitude of everyone associated with McAuliffe stinks. You are still trying to talk your way out of this rather than just holding your hands up. I just can't believe RTE accepted their BS excuse saying they had authorization when all of the videos highlight the recklessness of their drivers.

A road user nearly lost his life in one video- had he hit the back of the truck without braking- it could likely have been a fatality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

MadsL wrote: »

I'll just leave this here:

Road Safety Authority
    Road Haulage Enforcement
    Clonfert House
    Bride Street
    Loughrea
    Co. Galway

Opening Hours

09:00 - 13:00
    14:00 - 17:00

Contact Details

Telephone: 091 872600
    Email: enforcement@rsa.ie

Just sayin'. ;)

The HSA would be very interested in this also. Them boys can come down hard if work practices endanger the staff or the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,185 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Last time I saw something that dangerous was when the travellers were harness racing with jeeps and vans taking up the whole road.

I actually see the travellers tom foolery as being less of a threat to the general public, a 40 foot truck will do far more damage. I find it shocking the lack of general outcry in the established media from the numerous Youtube videos posted on here of a fragrant lack of respect for public safety to other road users and rules of the road shown by drivers for this haulage company whether officially sanctioned from the top or not.

Ah shure we're just a shower of begrudgers don't ya know. What would the main stream media be wanting to side with us for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I wouldn't go by the app-the broadsheet app is only marginally worse than the site itself (with all its hipster hurr durr, anyone? hurr durr, we don't normally do this hurr durr, dublincentric and clichéd leftie tinged nonsense). If you must browse the site via mobile, best to use the browser and scroll to taste.

They may indeed be deleting comments, however, and like here-it's their prerogative. They may also be running scared from an ominously worded email, even though they have nothing to fear once the comments stick to the facts (which are incriminating enough on their own!).

h2005 wrote: »
    Best post in the thread!

When i was reading the thread, i was saying to myself this is a real life ron burgundy escalated moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

When i was reading the thread, i was saying to myself this is a real life ron burgundy escalated moment :)

I doubt they're sitting around an office in the McAuliffe building with beers, savouring the memory though!

Going by the photos though, said office seems to have plenty of tacky awards and vanity items-just like Ron Burgundy's!

But, like most of you, I'm just a begrudger! My comments, like yours have nothing to do with reckless endangerment, blatant dishonesty, and a late leap on to the charity bandwagon (complete with token mention of a specific person suffering from debilitating illness, who for all we know may have nothing whatsoever to do with this matter).

Well, well, well.

Our mystery CEO of Truly Irish turns out to be the only director of Truly Irish Holdings Ltd and also Company Secretary as well as 2/3rds majority shareholder.

https://www.duedil.com/company/IE496663/truly-irish-country-foods-holdings-limited/people

Quite shocking how far Mr Truly Irish wants to distance himself from Mr Trucking.

Why is that his name is spelled differently for each 33.33% share?

• Advertisement

I doubt they're sitting around an office in the McAuliffe building with beers, savouring the memory though!

Going by the photos though, said office seems to have plenty of tacky awards and vanity items-just like Ron

With their silly statements in the thread theres a possibility they might!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement