Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

McAuliffe Trucking Co

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Poor auld Shane is PMing in terror.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

vicwatson wrote: »
    And only 8 followers, awwwwwwwwwww, wonder why?

And one of those followers is @trulyirishcf - Truly Irish's twitter account. Nothing shady here.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I wonder is Seinas related to Cryogen or BMW535D?????:pac:

Haha, look at everything you have started mal,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Sweet Jesus I actually lold!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

You'd wonder how these guys manage to run successful companies considering how they can't seem to even deal with this fiasco.

Didn't Bill Cullen have 27 companies to his name? ;)
    Stinicker wrote: »
    Isn't Commercial interaction on boards forbidden unless it is through the proper channel? If a user has registered to promote (or possibly limit damage) for a company, then it could be categorized as a spammer whom are usually subsequently banned!

Ah no leave him, he's great craic! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I wonder is Seinas related to Cryogen or BMW535D?????:pac:

chuck-norris-he-approves-your-post

Could be, could be. Thread is getting a nomination for thread of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Robbo wrote: »
    I'd imagine that this is less the work of a marketing manager and more the work of an undergrad thinking this would be a great final year project. If someone was actually paid money for this poorly thought out, executed and managed stunt, a P45 should be flung at them with gusto.

"Make it viral, they said. Be grand, they said".

Highly doubt it tbh, anyone with any sort of education would have more sense than to pull of this stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Truly Irish Country Foods

Hi all, this is the statement we have received from McAuliffe Trucking, hope this clears everything up.

"To Whom It May Concern,

Hoping you are well. I am a manager in McAuliffe Trucking. We are established since 1970 and take great pride in our fleet, drivers and staff.

We contribute our time to charities and regularly make donations. Since there is a local Charity Scania Truck run in Kerry, we could never get involved as we run DAF trucks so we said we would start our own Charity DAF run or an all make of truck Charity run.

We recently had a little girl succumb to Leukaemia and we named our flagship DAF in memory of her. This truck is now called Lady Ava. We also got vinyl stickers made with the Leukaemia penguin to raise awarness and to keep a constant memory of Ava. We have these fitted to all our trucks and can send you a pack if you want to give me your details.

On Sunday 14/10/12, we had a photo shoot to start the promotion of our Charity run. I had called the Castleisland Gardai seeking permission on Friday 12/10/12 to conduct a photo shoot on the
    N21 and the Castleisland Bypass. The Gardai gave me permission to do this which be verified at Castleisland Garda Station.

I then arranged a meeting with all staff for 3pm on Saturday 13/10/12, all details were discussed and jobs and traffic controller positions were assigned. I also carried out a full risk assessment and received signatures of all involved. The weather on Sunday was good so we arranged to meet up and begin preparations for the photo shoot. There were traffic controllers positioned at the front and back of the three trucks for the duration of the video shoot.

Still shots were taken at the view point and the bridge on the bypass of Castleisland afterwards. For the still shot on the bridge, I sent only two drivers to the bridge as the third driver did not know his way there. He stopped under the bridge with his hazard, parking and dipped headlights on and waited for one of the other drivers to come down the steps and sit in with him to guide him to the bridge road. He was waiting no longer than one minute and during this time, a silver car came up behind him and swung out in to the path of another car. There was a touch of bumpers and the two cars stopped, the drivers got out, talked to each other, shook hands and drove away.

Unfortunately, this was captured by someone on a phone, uploaded on YouTube and has since gone viral. As soon as we heard about it, we got the video taken down immediately but then someone uploaded it again and titled it “McAuliffe Trucking Dangerous Driving”.

Every person involved in the photo shoot is dismayed after putting their free time at their own expense into both Saturday and Sunday for a worthy charity promotion, only to have backfired due to a small accident that was caused by a car not watching his lane while our company was also put up on YouTube and portrayed by a small minority as dangerous driving.

Now as you can see, we had received permission from the Gardai, carried out a Risk assessment/Risk report, had plenty of qualified personal to arrange everything whilst wearing HiViz gear and everything went according to plan.

I would also like to mention that we received a phonecall this morning from Breda O’Brien, Suicide Awareness, asking McAuliffe Trucking to help raise funds for the organisation. If you wish to donate or contribute to these charities, please contact McAuliffe Trucking.

Finally, I would like to say thank you to all the staff and everyone that came in on Saturday and Sunday on their days off to help and assist in everyway the Charity Truck run. They’re a great bunch of people.

Keep up the Good Work.

Kind and Very Best Regards
    Davy Corkery
    McAuliffe Trucking."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

I'd say he' s flung his computer out the window and is in bed with the duvet over his head. Or pressing f5 with one hand over his face peeping at the trail of destruction in his wake

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Highly doubt it tbh, anyone with any sort of education would have more sense than to pull of this stunt.

What was the old adage...
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

• Advertisement

Hi all, this is the statement we have received from McAuliffe Trucking, hope this clears everything up.

"To Whom It May Concern,

Hoping you are well. I am a manager in McAuliffe Trucking. We are established since 1970 and take great pride in our fleet, drivers and staff.

We contribute our time to charities and regularly make donations. Since there is a local Charity Scania Truck run in Kerry, we could never get involved as we run DAF trucks so we said we would start our own Charity DAF run or an all make of truck Charity run.

We recently had a little girl succumb to Leukaemia and we named our flagship DAF in memory of her. This truck is now called Lady Ava. We also got vinyl stickers made with the Leukaemia penguin to raise awarness and to keep a constant memory of Ava. We have these fitted to all our trucks and can send you a pack if you want to give me your details.

On Sunday 14/10/12, we had a photo shoot to start the promotion of our Charity run. I had called the Castleisland Gardai seeking permission on Friday 12/10/12 to conduct a photo shoot on the
    N21 and the Castleisland Bypass. The Gardai gave me permission to do this which be verified at Castleisland Garda Station.

I then arranged a meeting with all staff for 3pm on Saturday 13/10/12, all details were discussed and jobs and traffic controller positions were assigned. I also carried out a full risk assessment and received signatures of all involved. The weather on Sunday was good so we arranged to meet up and begin preparations for the photo shoot. There were traffic controllers positioned at the front and back of the three trucks for the duration of the video shoot.

Still shots were taken at the view point and the bridge on the bypass of Castleisland afterwards. For the still shot on the bridge, I sent only two drivers to the bridge as the third driver did not know his way there. He stopped under the bridge with his hazard, parking and dipped headlights on and waited for one of the other drivers to come down the steps and sit in with him to guide him to the bridge road. He was waiting no longer than one minute and during this time, a silver car came up behind him and swung out in to the path of another car. There was a touch of bumpers and the two cars stopped, the drivers got out, talked to each other, shook hands and drove away.

Unfortunately, this was captured by someone on a phone, uploaded on YouTube and has since gone viral. As soon as we heard about it, we got the video taken down immediately but then someone uploaded it again and titled it “McAuliffe Trucking Dangerous Driving”.

Every person involved in the photo shoot is dismayed after putting their free time at their own expense into both Saturday and Sunday for a worthy charity promotion, only to have backfired due to a small accident that was caused by a car not watching his lane while our company was also put up on YouTube and portrayed by a small minority as dangerous driving.

Now as you can see, we had received permission from the Gardai, carried out a Risk assessment/Risk report, had plenty of qualified personal to arrange everything whilst wearing HiViz gear and everything went according to plan.

I would also like to mention that we received a phonecall this morning from Breda O’Brien, Suicide Awareness, asking McAuliffe Trucking to help raise funds for the organisation. If you wish to donate or contribute to these charities, please contact McAuliffe Trucking.

Finally, I would like to say thank you to all the staff and everyone that came in on Saturday and Sunday on their days off to help and assist in everyway the Charity Truck run. They’re a great bunch of people.

Keep up the Good Work.

Davy Corkery
    McAuliffe Trucking."

That answers the first video. But what about the one with the three trucks driving abreast on the road???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Firstly shameless "it was for charidy" spin.

Secondly
    everything went according to plan

You planned to put lives at risk? You could have killed that car driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

and everything went according to plan.

Really !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

While obviously he shouldn't be stopped on the road, the car that pulled doubt across the other one is at fault for the crash in the first video. It happened to be a stopped truck this time but could be a crash or something else on the road next time. The driver wasn't paying attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

I'd hardly say it answers the first video, I don't see how 'everything went according to plan' or how 'There were traffic controllers positioned at the front and back of the three trucks for the duration of the video shoot'...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

In the statement he says the weather was good. Then why were the roads wet?

Good job the two car drivers shook hands and went on their way. Their insurance companies may look at the truck as a contributing factor.

The three trucks driving three abreast one's ok. That was for charity too... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I find that statement insulting, they must think we're morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

everything went according to plan.

soccer-miss.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You cannot stop on a motorway unless it's in the hard shoulder, he was stopped in the first lane!

And explain the second video

I've downloaded the videos should they be taken down, I'll re-upload them!

Anyone have the original link to the videos? If I get permission from the owner I can upload them to my channel without being removed :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Guys I think we should ignore posts purporting to be statements from McAuliffe until they publish the said statement on their website because the above BS has to be a wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Love that they put the blame on the "car not watching his lane", not on the TRUCK THAT WAS STOPPED ON A DUAL CARRAIGEWAY UNDER A BRIDGE

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

"small accident that was caused by a car not watching his lane" Where were your "traffic controllers" for this? That statement is a load of bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

"To Whom It May Concern,

Keep up the Good Work.

Davy Corkery
    McAuliffe Trucking."
    Jaysus, have you not even the decency to apologise when you are caught out like? Excuses, excuses, bleeding heart blah blah blah.

Yous f*cked up, someone could have been killed, forget about trying to spin it. End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

"To Whom It May Concern,

Keep up the Good Work.

Davy Corkery
    McAuliffe Trucking."

Thats all well and good, if it was for a good cause we can all understand that and well done IF as you say you had Garda permission which from the way youve been behaving and the fact the video and your statement dont really add up is questionable, but where was has this statement been for the last 8 hours while youve been threatening people with the gardai and copyright infringement? It really makes this statement look like a last ditch attempt at damage control and doesnt give it any credence whatsoever
    Also what about the driving 3 abreast video and the other that has since disappeared of the roundabout incident?

jasonb wrote: »
    I'd hardly say it answers the first video, I don't see how 'everything went according to plan' or how 'There were traffic controllers positioned at the front and back of the three trucks for the duration of the video shoot'...

J.

Very valid point man.

I should've said it answers the first video for them. Not the one which was really shown to be dangerous driving, a la, three trucks abreast on a single carriageway.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mikko Mallikas

I contacted Mc Auliffes and got no response, I did however get a reply from the Guards asking if I knew the location or dates of the incidents, I sent them a Google maps link to the accident site and their response was "shocking" and "will be sent to Kerry Gardai for investigation" The Journal.ie said "We are following up on this" The RSA said "Thank you for your email. Unfortunately it does not come within the remit of the RSA. However we have already forwarded this matter to the Gardaí for investigation."
    And here is the response from Truly Irish.

"Thank you for your email. I hope that you can understand that Truly Irish
    was not involved in the making of these videos. We were alerted last night
    and it was a matter of urgency that it be investigated. We would never
    instigate something like this as we have worked long and hard to get where
    we are today, and with the crisis our pig farmers are enduring at the
    moment, we would not dare wish this upon ourselves.

We are told it was for a charity event and was done by an outside haulier.
    These videos have already tarnished our brand overnight and we cannot afford
    to be associated with these videos any longer.

Truly Irish is a farmer co-op set up by a group of 85 farmers in 2009 to
    fight against the mislabeling of foreign pork as Irish. We are helping to
    save the Irish pig industry and safeguard 8,000 Irish jobs. If you look back
    at our marketing, we have never done something so inappropriate and harmful
    to our brand or to others, all we do is try make the consumer more conscious
    about buying Irish and supporting your local farmer. We have been on Tv on
    programmes such as Brod Club, Ear to the Ground, The Consumer Show, The
    Business with George Lee etc all pushing the fact that all our products are
    100% Irish and fully traceable. We do not engage in this method of
    marketing.

As you can imagine, this is very upsetting for a brand like Truly Irish to
    be associated with what has happened. Please do not paint us with the same
    brush.

I can assure you that this is being dealt with complete urgency.

Kindest regards,

L..... ............
    Truly Irish Country Foods
    1 Park Mews
    Park Road
    Charleville
    Co. Cork
    T: [URL="tel:%2B353%2063%2032468"]+353 63 32468[/URL]
    M: [URL="tel:%2B353%2086%207202686"]+353 86 7202686[/URL]
    E: l....@trulyirish.ie
    www.trulyirish.ie "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

"To Whom It May Concern,

Keep up the Good Work.

Davy Corkery
    McAuliffe Trucking."

Hi Shane,

Please explain this video, which also shows McAuliffe Trucking's trucks with Truly Irish's trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

everything went according to plan.

03a.jpg

Mods - can you check the IP's to see if TICF is a re-reg of seinas1? If so there's a case for mis-representation (or something) there. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jaysus.. I'd hate to see what would have happened if your impeccable planning had failed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement