Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

McAuliffe Trucking Co

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

VinLieger wrote: »
    You beauty been looking for it for the last hour!!! quick everyone make copies

There is another similar one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I'm surprised they didn't try to make out that the two trucks were nose to nose on the bridge as one had broken down and the other was helping to jump start it.

Which reminds me a few months back I was in Mountmellick and I drove by what appeared to be a micra hooked up to a truck via jump leads. I didn't believe my eyes so I managed to turn around and drive back so I could pull in to look. No camera on me but the fecker had the micra running and was in the process of getting into the truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,730 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Every time i think weve tapped out whats left something more pops up, i dont think its possible to create more of a cluster**** than they have. I cannot wait for this to hit the journal and rte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

VinLieger wrote: »
    Every time i think weve tapped out whats left something more pops up, i dont think its possible to create more of a cluster**** than they have. I cannot wait for this to hit the journal and rte

Whatever about RTE, tJ.ie will most likely wait until someone else writes it first (as indeed did Broadsheet, who only got involved when the story had got legs here). Their (theJournal's) own articles and homegrown stories are altogether too rare, because they're often quite good when they do pop up.

You'd think, given the number and the notoriety, idiots like this would have some idea how to deal with the fallout from Making An Arse Of Yourself On The Internet.

Given the details which have come to light so far-I wouldn't like to be either a fly on the wall in their portakabin HQ, or family home, for the next while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

@RoundyMooney Agreed.

A simply apology and yes we realised we f**ked up would have done, instead the badly done cover-up by Truly Irish and the blaming of the car driver and the playing the victim by McAulliffe has done them no favours at all.

As for the behaviour of I'm guessing "directors" as exhibited by those videos. Speechless.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mikko Mallikas

The RTE reporter I spoke on the phone with is writing the article right now and he has discovered some facts that have not yet been discovered here, This will still grow more.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

When reversing, I thought you had to give way to on-coming vehicles...?

Must have a quick look through the Road Traffic Act.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

The RTE reporter I spoke on the phone with is writing the article right now and he has discovered some facts that have not yet been discovered here, This will still grow more.

Ah man....just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better:D:D:D

Definitely thread of the year. Dare I say it, even better than Cryogens E90!

EDIT: Did they say how/ when it was going to be broadcast? As in, interweb/ radio/ telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

This sounds interesting.:)

• Advertisement

Wonder what other facts are left. That it was the daughter who uploaded it or the fact that one of the directors is a director for both companies even tho Truly Irish deny having anything to do with the trucks. Which to a point, the company Truly Irish does not but I'd place an opinion that they knew of certain marketing stunts seeing as they have the photos of said stunts on their facebook page. Also knew which was the volatile one as the removed the photo then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

All else aside, that optimus prime looking big rig on the roundabout is pretty damn cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Even if you make allowances for the possibility that these "directors" of said totally unrelated-and-nothing-to-do-with-one-another-at-all-at-all companies may not be overly familiar with the internet, it comes down to one simple adage.

Honesty is the best policy. If they'd come out with their hands up, with an apology and a pledge to take appropriate action, this would have all blown over yesterday.

There are a couple of quite sinister things about all this

-implying that the Gardaí gave this clusterfvck their imprimatur, and they'd probably be saucy enough to name names too, and land some innocent cop in it;

-and rabbiting on that it was all for charidee. This despite no mention of same having been made up to now on their site(s), even though they managed to post plenty of their supersized Wacky Races sh1te up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Imagine if you were in that car that had to ditch itself into the hard shoulder because there were three huge lorries heading straight for you? Feckin' hell like. Unbelievable.

I love threads like this that catch liars out. Fair play lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭flutered

at least the trucks are nice an shiney.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Yawns wrote: »
    Also knew which was the volatile one as the removed the photo then.

Removed Fail.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PWn0Bt-ZlUkJ:www.trulyirish.ie/company.php+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Know what - I think this has gone on long enough.

Don't get me wrong, one of the best threads on boards to date but the fun is gone out of it now and it's turned in to a witch hunt.

Ok, they made a mistake, actually quite a few going by their vids, then they lied multiple times, then they tried to cover it up with the whole charity thing, then more lies. In fact I should have no sympathy for them at all and I wish they had held up their hands at the start and said, yup that's us, we made an ass of ourselves, and all this would be forgotten about already.

Unfortunately they didn't but I would hate to see the companies concerned severly damaged or go out of business because of this.

Our point was proven long ago and I truly hope they have learned from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mikko Mallikas

He said it will appear on RTE website at least first, and has spoken to 3 people at Mc Auliffes and was very unsatisfied with their replys, he also knows the full story as regards permission from the Guards, and directorships of the companies involved. I can´t say much more about what we talked about or indeed what he will state in the report or keep back for that matter, but he also said the videos will be on RTE website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Oh dear, just saw the roundabout shenanigans.....not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Are you a disgruntled ex-employee/customer MadsL? you seem to be vying for someones blood/scalp as punishment:D

• Advertisement

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, one of the best threads on boards to date but the fun is gone out of it now and it's turned in to a witch hunt.

Ok, they made a mistake, actually quite a few going by their vids, then they lied multiple times, then they tried to cover it up with the whole charity thing, then more lies. In fact I should have no sympathy for them at all and I wish they had held up their hands at the start and said, yup that's us, we made an ass of ourselves, and all this would be forgotten about already.

Unfortunately they didn't but I would hate to see the companies concerned severly damaged or go out of business because of this.

He got a brown envelope from Davey, GET HIM LADS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

In fairness though, I'm sure the witch hunt would stop when they hold their hands up. They keep feeding BS and lies which only encourages people to catch them out.

I think this would have fizzled out very early today had they simply admitted doing something daft for publicity and apologised, but lying to the internet is poking it with a big stick - nobody can help you when you do that.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    In fairness though, I'm sure the witch hunt would stop when they hold their hands up. They keep feeding BS and lies which only encourages people to catch them out.

Couldn't agree with you more and it's a bit late for them to do that now. I'm not sticking up for their actions in any shape or form, I would be a hypocrite if I did but if these business' are severly damaged or worse, albeit by their own actions, the taxpayer, i.e. us will be footing their dole bill.

We've made our point and I'm sure they realise their mistakes by now and hopefully have learned from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I don't know where you are coming from but thats exactly what I want. They deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

in stitches here....better than the Hilton and dodgy dealer scam together.

did anyone contact the Garda Press Office to animal see if hey ad permission.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

This definitely rivals BMW535D.

Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Couldn't agree with you more and it's a bit late for them to do that now. I'm not sticking up for their actions in any shape or form, I would be a hypocrite if I did but if these business' are severly damaged or worse, albeit by their own actions, the taxpayer, i.e. us will be footing their dole bill.

We've made our point and I'm sure they realise their mistakes by now and hopefully have learned from it.

In fairness they deserve it. One of these "stunts" could have killed some one.

GarIT wrote: »
    I don't know where you are coming from but thats exactly what I want. They deserve it.

I'm more than happy to see them pulled up for this but do I think they should be put out of business for it - no I don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Ah man....just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better:D:D:D

Definitely thread of the year. Dare I say it, even better than Cryogens E90!

EDIT: Did they say how/ when it was going to be broadcast? As in, interweb/ radio/ telly?

Just read that Cryogens E90 thread, fantastic reading.

And this one is just getting started, quickly popcorn :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement