Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

ShazGV wrote: »
    There are certain decorations you can buy that give a lot of xp. I know the weather station is one - when I'm close to levelling up, I just buy like 20 of them & sell them again to boost my xp. :D

You clever minx :D

I'm only half way to level 58, how many of these would I need? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I think they give about 2700 xp per station, so it can be pretty costly (they're something like $9500 each, resell for about $2300), I only really do it when I have a lot of money to spare & I'm being impatient!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

marcbrophy wrote: »
    You clever minx :D

I'm only half way to level 58, how many of these would I need? :)

Woohoo 1.5 million later and I am there haha

Great one :)

Just did the maths!

I'd need 203 of these haha :D

I might just start doing hourly tasks for the rest of the day!!

ShazGV wrote: »
    I think they give about 2700 xp per station, so it can be pretty costly (they're something like $9500 each, resell for about $2300), I only really do it when I have a lot of money to spare & I'm being impatient!

I now don't have enough money to start the blooming quest now. I am short after buying the weather stations and selling them on.

Saw this after I had done it unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Anyone experiencing any issues since the last update? I try to go visit other friends but the game crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

KKkitty wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing any issues since the last update? I try to go visit other friends but the game crashes.

I was wondering why my Springfield had stopped being vandalised haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Getting a lot of 'cannot connect to server' warnings after the last update... Just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

Same for me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Logging in yesterday was difficult and just connecting today is a pain. Will I ever see level 58?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I only unlocked Bart and all. It's very frustrating when it acts up like this.

Looks to be working for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Lads, is it worth spending donuts for the rail yard?
    It's coming up as 400 donuts for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭corkie

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Lads, is it worth spending donuts for the rail yard?
    It's coming up as 400 donuts for me.

Things to consider

1. do you want more tracks?
    2. Chance of 5 donuts weekly.

It would take you 80 weeks of active play to recoup the donuts from the rail yard.

So I completed the track promo and now it just says 'completed' so what now? How do we make more track?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

You click on the Rail yard and it will show you the projects you can complete for tracks . . .

Was planning to grind some more tennis courts yesterday but the game servers were offline most of the day . . . going to unlock the HMO building friends prize later tonight, just need to visit four more neighbourhoods to get me over the line!

Regards levelling up, if you keep all your Springfield Heights buildings in your town you get an XP bonus, I've been powering through levels / bonus donuts for the past couple of weeks.

You click on the Rail yard and it will show you the projects you can complete for tracks . . .

Was planning to grind some more tennis courts yesterday but the game servers were offline most of the day . . . going to unlock the HMO building friends prize later tonight, just need to visit four more neighbourhoods to get me over the line!

Regards levelling up, if you keep all your Springfield Heights buildings in your town you get an XP bonus, I've been powering through levels / bonus donuts for the past couple of weeks.

Yep they all say 'completed' now.

god's toy wrote: »
    So I completed the track promo and now it just says 'completed' so what now? How do we make more track?
    god's toy wrote: »
    Yep they all say 'completed' now.

The rail yard resets every Tuesday, so you can hand in more projects!
    http://tstotopix.me/2015/09/05/monorail-rail-yard-prizes/

What's the daily challenge that came up at the top of my screen? Can't see anything in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 st1903

Don't know if its affected everyone but I think that last update turned off the confirm option for spending donuts. Hit one by mistake and noticed the bar started to fill but was able to cancel it before losing 12 donuts. After I checked the confirm setting and had been turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

st1903 wrote: »
    Don't know if its affected everyone but I think that last update turned off the confirm option for spending donuts. Hit one by mistake and noticed the bar started to fill but was able to cancel it before losing 12 donuts. After I checked the confirm setting and had been turned off.

Just checked it and low and behold, there was the confirmation setting turned off.

Thanks st1903 for the heads up, you cant be trusting these big corporation types any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Isn't Fat Tony linked to his house, not the club?

That's Legs and Louie. I thought it was the house too but got the notice saying it would store them. Googled and found out it's the club for Fat Tony. Eventually got him back. I even tried nuking my town (something I was planning anyway) but that didn't work. Had to use a hack to essentially buy him in game again.

Odd side effect of the nuke is my mountain range has also vanished, essentially giving me extra land but I'm reluctant to place buildings there in case the mountains come back and delete the buildings.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

This is great news :D

I still haven't got to level 58 cos I hate having to tap all the damn people :)

It's a bit annoying that they take some of the income from the jobs, but it's going to be so nice not having to send 40+ characters on 24 hour jobs any more. :)

It's a bit annoying that they take some of the income from the jobs, but it's going to be so nice not having to send 40+ characters on 24 hour jobs any more. :)

Doesn't look like it costs XP though, just money.
    I always need XP, not money.
    This could be a sweet deal :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it costs XP though, just money.
    I always need XP, not money.
    This could be a sweet deal :D

I'm the opposite. I'd happily sell XP for money. I want more shinys and land. :P

• Advertisement

I'm the opposite. I'd happily sell XP for money. I want more shinys and land. :P

Maybe they'll add that to the shop soon.
    Where you can sell XP for money :)

Advertisement