Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

BTW, is there any must have donut purchases? I just realised I've 520 donuts just sitting there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,266 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The_B_Man wrote: »
    BTW, is there any must have donut purchases? I just realised I've 520 donuts just sitting there!!
    I'd prioritize any building that gives a character too. Nothing for KrappyLand though.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It is possible to turn off notifications. On android anyhow you have to go to settings > apps > the untick 'show notifications'. You do this as well as in the in game options (from the store bit, settings icon) to turn off sounds and push notifications. That stops them for me.

I'm on 74500 now and want to get to 79000 for another 6 donuts before the start of the new collecting tomorrow. If there is a similar opportunity to collect donuts at the end of the next questline I'll hope to have gained about 30+ donuts from this even which is good. I have 176 now so must think about something to purchase soon, or maybe keep them until the next old Gill sale and see what the offers are. The last things I bought were in the black Friday sale where I got Barney's bowlarama and Hank Scorpio and his lair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

At last next stage has kicked off

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Has anyone bought the Comic Book Guy's Zenith City Buildings?

Would it be worth buying the Zenith City Times building or for the same price get the Apartment, Lofts and Store front?? Going forward you'd probably generate more income and xp from the 3 buildings but would there be any other benefit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mudlan wrote: »

Would it be worth buying the Zenith City Times building or for the same price get the Apartment, Lofts and Store front?? Going forward you'd probably generate more income and xp from the 3 buildings but would there be any other benefit?

I got the lofts and the phone booth through crafting. Holding out for the apartment now, after that I don't care if I get the rest crafted.

For some reason today the game knocked off my daily play bonus. Even though the 24 hour jobs I started yesterday are still in play...

Mudlan wrote: »

You'd have more imaginary buildings in your imaginary town...

:)

Play a couple of times a day and you'll get the three from the Collector tasks. Wait till the last day to see how many donuts it'll cost go get the last building (and it will cost...) and make the decision then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Sarn

I went for the Zenith City Times first. Should be able to get them all before the end of the event. Getting enough handcuffs will be the only thing slowing me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I love the fact plopper fights felons with farts. Hilarious.

Whispered wrote: »

So do I. No big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Whispered wrote: »

Haha, never noticed that :D

They are usually hidden behind buildings for me!

Who/what is plopper?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,300 ✭✭✭corkie

5starpool wrote: »
    Who/what is plopper?
    A pig character from the Simpson movie, but also has appeared in other episodes!

http://tstotopix.me/2015/02/24/should-i-buy-the-crap-silo-and-plopped-the-pig-premium-guide/

You haven't seen the movie?

I've only ever called him spider pig :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

5starpool wrote: »
    I've only ever called him spider pig :o

Me too, but on the task list he's ploppers. :) glad I spent the donuts on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

He's Harry Plopper now anyway.

:eek:

8ee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,300 ✭✭✭corkie

In game update -- "The Homer" 82 donuts - Gill Deal

250?cb=20090908145331

From the episode "The Homer"

Was going to pass on it, but played the golden scratcher and won 100 donuts! So caved in and got it!

corkie wrote: »
    In game update -- "The Homer" 82 donuts - Gill Deal

250?cb=20090908145331

From the episode "The Homer"

Was going to pass on it, but played the golden scratcher and won 100 donuts! So caved in and got it!

That gives us an exchange rate for the donut to the US dollar. The RRP of the Homer was $82,000. A donut is worth a grand in the US. If the Fed follow through on the threatened interest rate increase donuts are going to be pushed way out of the reach of us over this side of the pond!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

endacl wrote: »
    That gives us an exchange rate for the donut to the US dollar. The RRP of the Homer was $82,000. A donut is worth a grand in the US. If the Fed follow through on the threatened interest rate increase donuts are going to be pushed way out of the reach of us over this side of the pond!

:pac:

But that was the price around 1990 (25 years ago!!!! :eek:). Taking inflation into account, it's now over $150,000!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Since starting back in January I have not won once on the dog racing. Always do the bottom one and expected it to come up by now.

Also, I am only on the second thing on the pie bomb collecting. Need to also get to level 50 fast.

Add me please :)

Mrsflushdraw

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

So despite having push notifications off and game sounds off, I kept getting notifications.

Yesterday I went into the app settings on my phone and turned off notifications completely. I had peace until this morning when Homer shouted at me again! Back into app settings and notifications are on again!? WTF?

This is so annoying! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm having the same issues

Are you both saying that after you have unticked "show notifications" in the apps info screen, that it is not staying unticked?

Cos that's very odd behaviour.

I got a new phone on Friday, installed the game, unticked "show notifications", and just checked and it's still off.

Same for new tab I got in December. Still off.

Any time I've been messing with the software on my devices and needed to reinstall the game, it's always stayed off.

After you untick it, are you using the back button or the home button to leave the screen?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Are you both saying that after you have unticked "show notifications" in the apps info screen, that it is not staying unticked?
    Yes, this is what's happening to me anyway.

But I've discovered that notifications in the app settings reset when my phone is powered off! After googling it, apparently this is happening because it's stored on my SD card and not the actual phone.

Everything was fine until I turned push notifications on in the game to see what all the fuss was about! :(

Ice Storm wrote: »
    Yes, this is what's happening to me anyway.

But I've discovered that notifications in the app settings reset when my phone is powered off! After googling it, apparently this is happening because it's stored on my SD card and not the actual phone.

Everything was fine until I turned push notifications on in the game to see what all the fuss was about! :(

Ah balls! I forgot about the SD cards. Didn't realise they'd cause trouble with keeping settings. I wonder is it the same for Mars Bar?

There's an obvious solution that will help, but one that may not be possible. You could move it back to phone memory, if you have the space.
    You shouldn't really have to do that though! Did you happen across a fix in your googling? :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Ah balls! I forgot about the SD cards. Didn't realise they'd cause trouble with keeping settings. I wonder is it the same for Mars Bar?

There's an obvious solution that will help, but one that may not be possible. You could move it back to phone memory, if you have the space.
    You shouldn't really have to do that though! Did you happen across a fix in your googling? :)
    Yep, the only fix I found is what you suggested. :) But I don't want to move it to phone storage.

I can live with it for now as I don't usually turn my phone off and I have it on silent in work etc. I'm sure they'll sort out the notification problem eventually anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Gosh, I'm getting bored of the current event. Wish they had a few tasks for some of the Springfielders to do. It's just tap on criminals, chase felons (of which I don't think they get release often enough) and visit other springfields.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Gosh, I'm getting bored of the current event. Wish they had a few tasks for some of the Springfielders to do. It's just tap on criminals, chase felons (of which I don't think they get release often enough) and visit other springfields.

But..... that's what all the events are like! The other thing they have in common is people complain about that fact.

Bring back Whacking Day. That one was different, and a bit o' craic.

:)

• Advertisement

Ya, all events are repititive. This is better than a lot of them really, and better than the no events in between bits too. No Paddy's day bit this year anyhow it seems, not that there is ever much to it anyhow.

Advertisement