Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

During this lull, I think it is time to clean up my freinds list. Anyone looking for friends add me.

Also can you add

itshalokid
    badpiggy26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

updated my simpsons tapped out and they offered a free "new" mystery box

i got the itchy and scratchy bill board, (worth 40 donuts)

my husband got the tyre fire (worth 40 donuts) so i checked out the tapped out ea forums, there i noticed people were getting the same-ish prizes in random orders,

so starting out with 143 donuts i said i'd buy mystery boxes (6 donuts each) down to 100 donuts

i got:

chalmers car
    blue haired lawyer
    30 donuts
    channel 6 van
    minnow pond
    itchy & scratchy billboard
    tyre fire
    bomb shelter
    khlav kalash stand
    minnow pond
    30 donuts
    lard lad donuts

i am now at 131 donuts :D with blue haired lawyer and lard lad donuts and the tyre fire :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Where can you buy mystery boxes?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Where can you buy mystery boxes?

in the top left icon (the star shaped one)

buyer beware though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,258 ✭✭✭✭endacl

hoodwinked wrote: »
    in the top left icon (the star shaped one)

buyer beware though :D

I've bought three in the past. Got newspaper dispenser, large hedge, and fences....

Edit: more fences...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,826 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm not seeing any star shaped icon!

endacl wrote: »
    I've bought three in the past. Got newspaper dispenser, large hedge, and fences....

according to the tapped out forums those are gone from the new ones. you HAVE to update to get the new ones though.

it's in this icon:

new.png

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I don't have that icon. :(

But hey, probably better off, I just got my mystery box for playing on consecutive days. F*cking large hedge.

The new post-update mystery box rocks! Had 30 donuts, and just thought why not...

News van, blue haired lawyer, bomb shelter, news van, khlav kalesh stand, 10 donuts, tire fire, minnow pond, 10 donuts, Kearney, 30 donuts, khlav kalesh stand, bomb shelter, I&S billboard, minnow pond, chalmers car.

News van, lawyer, kk stand, tire fire, and billboard are all new items that I didn't have. Well worth the 30, most of which I still have left.

:)

endacl wrote: »
    The new post-update mystery box rocks! Had 30 donuts, and just thought why not...

News van, blue haired lawyer, bomb shelter, news van, khlav kalesh stand, 10 donuts, tire fire, minnow pond, 10 donuts, Kearney, 30 donuts, khlav kalesh stand, bomb shelter, I&S billboard, minnow pond, chalmers car.

News van, lawyer, kk stand, tire fire, and billboard are all new items that I didn't have. Well worth the 30, most of which I still have left.

thats what i've been trying to say :D

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I don't have that icon. :(

But hey, probably better off, I just got my mystery box for playing on consecutive days. F*cking large hedge.

when you click on the build menu button, (bottom right corner) you get this:

2014-10-07-17-59-201.png?w=340&h=185

swipe right where it's circled and you should see it

(also UPDATE YOUR GAME FROM THE APP STORE)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,826 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It worked once I updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I got one mystery box today for playing consecutive days and got the news van, happy days. Then I decided I'd buy two boxes after reading this. Got another news van - grr (although it gives 2% bonus xp and money) and blue haired lawyer (yay!).

I kind of want to buy more now. I had 103 donuts, now down to 91. Hmm..... Should I? .

Woshy wrote: »
    I got one mystery box today for playing consecutive days and got the news van, happy days. Then I decided I'd buy two boxes after reading this. Got another news van - grr (although it gives 2% bonus xp and money) and blue haired lawyer (yay!).

I kind of want to buy more now. I had 103 donuts, now down to 91. Hmm..... Should I? .

I bought 16 at 6 donuts each. And got back 50 Donuts in prizes. Plus a load of premium items.

Course you bloody should!

Ok, I decided to let myself get down to 50 donuts. I won 30 so I spent them as well. I got Kearney, Squeaky Voiced Teen, the Tyre fire, two billboards, another news van (grr!), 2 Khav Khalesh stands, minnow pond, and 2 chalmers cars

Not a bad haul plus it was fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Won Chalmer's car on my free box, then decided to get spendy. :D

Got a Khav Khalesh stand, another Chalmer's car, Kearney, minnow pond, 30 donuts, Blue Haired Lawyer, bomb shelter & another 30 donuts. Nice haul!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Great tip!

I got:

Blue Haired Lawyer
    Lard Lads
    News Van
    30 Donuts
    Lake
    Chalmers Car

Only cost me net 18 donuts!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sweet.

I got:
    News Van
    Blue Haired Lawyer
    Lard Lad
    Itchy and Scratchy billboard * 2
    20 donuts
    Then various crap like 2 bomb shelters, 2 khlav khlash stands, pond

Might try some more later.

Agh! The update won't DL over mobile data and I've no WiFi atm. :(

Those are some really nice prizes though, I hope it's a sign of things to come, and not just an Easter Miracle!

it is kind of an easter miracle, rumour has it it's until May 1st,

also odds of getting each prize and whats in the box:
    New Mystery Box chances:
    Lard Lad Donuts: 2%, Blue Haired Lawyer: 14%, Kearney: 7%, Springfield Tire Yard: 14%, Channel 6 News Van: 7%, Itchy Scratchy Billboard: 7%, Squeaky Voiced Teen: 14%, 30 Donuts: 1%, 10 Donuts: 2%, Chalmers' 1979 _ONDA: 7%, Bomb Shelter: 7%, Minnow Pond: 7%, Khlav Kalash Stand: 7%, Lemon Tree: 6%

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Cool. I have all the premium items there now then. I purchased Kearney by mistake ages ago when I had donut spend confirmation off due to a reinstall, and got squeaky voiced teen and lemon tree in a mystery box.

I've everything on the list, bar lard land.

I'm at this game too long...

Finally got it updated. Only had 17 donuts, and got Chalmers' Car (yay!) and a Khlav Kalesh cart (ugh, had two of those already). Tempted to buy some donuts for the first time to avail of this chance to get those premium characters... :\

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

I was very very lucky with mine, first box I got bluehaired lawyer, followed by Kearney, news van, chandlers car, pond, 30 donuts, lard lad, tyre fire. Grand total of 12 donuts spent.

I hit the Store All button, as I'd felt my town was getting to be a bit of an unmanageable mess.

I just spent 15 minutes creating a park in the centre with the Jebediah Statue, and have little or no desire to rebuild.

Oops. :pac:

It's a smashing park though in fairness... :o :P

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6rNK5FYm2vVbV9adnNNdzU1NHc/view?usp=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

Chance to get 15 donuts by doing the Easter bunny's easy tasks.

Edit: As pointed out below it's 20 that you get. Overlooked the first 5.

Sarn wrote: »
    Chance to get 15 donuts by doing the Easter bunny's easy tasks.

Spent 12 of them on two mystery boxes. Won lard land and 30 donuts.

Now have all the mystery box premium prizes. Score.

:D

I got 20 donuts. 5 for building easter fences, 5 for a Lisa job, and 10 for tapping the Easter float.

Had 20 already, so spent 40 on the Egg Council Guy.

What a waste. Doesn't even have jobs, just walks around. :(

Yep, I got 20 donuts as well. I'm going to save them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Got 20 donuts aswell. Got enough for blocko shop. Also spent on mystery box, got a bomb shelter.

Advertisement