Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Have you noticed how both Redskins victories this season have come when the backup QB comes in unexpectedly after getting no snaps in practice all week and have just gone in and played? Maybe they should lock McCoy in a room for the week and not let out until Monday. (I know I know I'm clutching at straws here).

Apart from Murray running all over the place and racking up the yards, my prediction for Monday is that whenever the Redskins manage to get the Cowboys to third down, Romo will find Witten in acres of space every time and drives will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Fantastic win for the skins tonight, my head is wrecked from it, what a game, what a result im off to bed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Absolutely buzzing!

Bashaud Breeland - absolutely outstanding. Dominated Dez all game.

Haven't felt this good about a win in a long time.

Didn't stay up but just woke for a middle of the night pee and checked the score and wow! Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh ye ****ing beauties Washington. Oh get the **** in. And so the Cowboys fall behind.

• Advertisement

The only thing that would have made that victory sweeter would have been if Ryan Kerrigan had recovered that fumble and they had won it in regulation time. Only because of the circus it would have caused with Jones/Romo.

Just watched highlights again, reid , riley , and amerson had good games i thought, breeland had bryant in his back pocket, the only downside though was the amount of really stupid offensive penaltys we gave away, we could have made it so much easier for ourselves, how kerrigan failed to recover that fumble ill never know but he had a good game too otherwise

It seems rg3 will be back this wkend against the vikings:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Earlier than I thought, but if he's ready then he's ready. Starting now means he'll have extra recovery time after his first game back, also, which is nice.

Raphael wrote: »
    Earlier than I thought, but if he's ready then he's ready. Starting now means he'll have extra recovery time after his first game back, also, which is nice.

I just hope it's not another 'all in for week 1' situation. If he's ready, let him play but if he's not 100% and pressure's being put on to get him on the field then this could end in disaster again.

• Advertisement

Surley he must be 110% fit, they would hardley risk it would they especially after what happened the last time he was rushed back

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Surley he must be 110% fit, they would hardley risk it would they especially after what happened the last time he was rushed back

That's what you'd expect from a competent, well run organisation. Unfortunately this is the Redskins.....

However, hopefully with a new coach there's a new mindset and mistakes of the past aren't repeated.

One of the team buses got into an accident on the way to the stadium today. Hope it's not an omen.

http://www.theczabe.com/the-post/espn-robert-griffin-iii-popular-guy-inside-lockeroom/

I agree 100% with the writer of this report. "A source said this", "someone close to the team said that". ESPN can be full of sh1t at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

Payback for that ****ty interception call earlier!

http://www.theczabe.com/the-post/espn-robert-griffin-iii-popular-guy-inside-lockeroom/

I agree 100% with the writer of this report. "A source said this", "someone close to the team said that". ESPN can be full of sh1t at times.

Very sloppy reporting tbf, but then again there is no smoke without fire, anyway how is rg doing so far this evening, im only looking at game centre and as you know you cant tell **** from that

Good news: RG3's back baby.

Bad news: Haslett is still here.

As I saw elsewhere on the internet, you're not supposed to rack up 26 points against a top 10 offence and lose. Blame for that lies squarely at the feet of our defence, and Jim Haslett.

Good news: RG3's back baby.

Bad news: Haslett is still here.

As I saw elsewhere on the internet, you're not supposed to rack up 26 points against a top 10 offence and lose. Blame for that lies squarely at the feet of our defence, and Jim Haslett.

Very dissapointing especially after how thr d performed last week:(

It was if the defence thought that after last week's performance, all they had to do was turn up and they'd turn into the '85 Bears.

I could be wrong but after the Vikings scored their first TD, did they ever have to punt again (apart from the garbage time one)?

Divisional games are different. You play a team twice a year every year, you learn how their offence works.

• Advertisement

Divisional games are different. You play a team twice a year every year, you learn how their offence works.

I think too much is given to playing divisional games. Coaches changes, co-ordinators change and of course players change. And the Redskins have played the Vikings each of the last 4 years anyway.

An surely with game tape, stats analysis and whatever other technology they have these days, they can get as much information as they can from playing them one extra time a year.

Today was a day with a chance to right the ship and so far we've had an int on the first play, a false start on the first play on the second drive and now Trent Williams goes down. No wonder FedEx field is half empty

For F%# sake. Another false start penalty followed by a pick 6.

Somehow they go from 1st and goal from the 6 to 4th and goal from the 30 and they end up missing a 47yd FG. Worst game ever

That's it. I'm out of here.

This is nothing short of a disgrace, after a bye wk aswell ffs i give up:mad:

shamrock55 wrote: »
    This is nothing short of a disgrace, after a bye wk aswell ffs i give up:mad:

Couldn't move the ball against a 1-8 defence and couldn't stop a 1-8 offence. I'd love to say it's the worst performance of the past 3 years or so but there have probably been other stinkers but this was up there anyway.

Post game show on ESPN980 should be good. Always entertaining after a loss.

Going back to the game, it seems that in every game there's always a 'first time since....' from the opposition. This time it was the first time a rookie had 200yd receiving and 2 TDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Make or break for RG3's career as a Redskin today.

Play like last week and he could be subbed at half time.

• Advertisement

I'm going into a Redskins hibernation. Wake me up at the end of the season when they're 3-13 please.

Advertisement