Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

And he's done.
    Benched and will be traded this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

surpy wrote: »
    And he's done.
    Benched and will be traded this summer

Whats this about?

Mccoy is qb for the rest of the season.
    Can't see rg3 coming back

Words fail me, i just dont know why i bother:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Words fail me, i just dont know why i bother:mad:

I thought they couldn't get any worse after the game in SF. Then they played Indy last week and which was worse and I thought surely that's as bad as it can get. There's no way they can play any worse. But yet again I'm wrong as they top last week's debacle with this performance.

So are we at the bottom now or are we still floating with more to come?

• Advertisement

This has been annoying me all season. When it's 3rd and 8 or 9, why do they have the receivers running 4 or 5 yard routes? There's never going to be space so he's always going to be tackled as soon as he makes the catch. It always ends up in a 4th down.

Now don't get me started on penalties today...!!!!

And in something that sums up the season, Bacari Rambo who was God awful with the Redskins has intercepted Aaron Rodgers twice today.

Hey Haslett, they're throwing to Beckham. Just a heads up. You might want to try and have someone cover him.

This has been annoying me all season. When it's 3rd and 8 or 9, why do they have the receivers running 4 or 5 yard routes? There's never going to be space so he's always going to be tackled as soon as he makes the catch. It always ends up in a 4th down.

And on the two 3rd and longs so far today:

3rd and 9 - 4 yard route, pass caught and tackled immediately = punt
    3rd and 11 - a f*&king screen to the TE! What are they thinking??? = punt

There better be a load of firings at Redskins Park tomorrow morning

• Advertisement

Serious Cowboys lovefest from the commentators today. You'd swear they were the '72 Dolphins. They're beating up on the piss poor Redskins for God's sake.

And on the two 3rd and longs so far today:

3rd and 9 - 4 yard route, pass caught and tackled immediately = punt
    3rd and 11 - a f*&king screen to the TE! What are they thinking??? = punt

And now on a 4th a 4, Jordan Reed runs a 3 yard route and gets nowhere after he catches the ball.

Snyder selling up would be the best thing that could happen (unfortunately won't)

Serious Cowboys lovefest from the commentators today. You'd swear they were the '72 Dolphins. They're beating up on the piss poor Redskins for God's sake.

In fairness, they've had a pretty impressive season and could go to the superbowl if they keep it up post season.
    This is just an exhibition for them tonight

In fairness, they've had a pretty impressive season and could go to the superbowl if they keep it up post season.
    This is just an exhibition for them tonight

Yeah, they've been excellent but the comments I was on about have been about how good they have been in today's game.

Nice comment I'm robbing from twitter:

"RGIII is at a big disadvantage from other NFC East QBs, He doesn't get to play the Redskins D twice a year"

Gets worse and worse

Gets worse and worse

At least now that the season's over, it can't get any worse (unless Haslett isn't fired)

Another wonderfull season, god isnt it great being a redskins fan:rolleyes:

Haslett gone anyway. "Mutually agreeing to part ways". I wonder how mutual it really was.

Although the defence was awful at times and he has to shoulder a lot of the blame, look at the crap he had to work with though. I'm still glad he's gone but Bruce Allen has a lot to answer for as well

• Advertisement

Haslett gone anyway. "Mutually agreeing to part ways". I wonder how mutual it really was.

Although the defence was awful at times and he has to shoulder a lot of the blame, look at the crap he had to work with though. I'm still glad he's gone but Bruce Allen has a lot to answer for as well

The defense cant be as bad nxt year no matter who they get in, bruce allen is a total muppet, according to him the redskins are doing great off the field, thats ok then bruce ya moron:mad: 3 winning seasons in the last decade says you and your boss need to fcuk right off

shamrock55 wrote: »
    The defense cant be as bad nxt year no matter who they get in, bruce allen is a total muppet, according to him the redskins are doing great off the field, thats ok then bruce ya moron:mad: 3 winning seasons in the last decade says you and your boss need to fcuk right off

It is quite worrying that he said he has total confidence in the personnel department. 7 wins in two seasons beg to differ.

So Bruce Allen's no longer in charge of player personnel. Good move and I had literally only just read the piece in ESPN on McCloghlan last week so he was fresh in my mind and he seems like he's good at what he does.

Hopefully he'll have full control and interference from Synder /Allen is minimal but that's probably wishful thinking. It'll obviously take a couple of years to do what he wants to do so we shouldn't expect miracles for next season but down the road, presuming Allen and Synder butt out and his personal issues don't resurface, it could be a good move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Great move if it goes through

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN 7s7 seconds ago
    RT @JenLada: Hearing the #Redskins are closing in on a 4 year deal with DT Stephen Paea. #RedskinsTalk

Pot Roast coming now too which I'm very happy with. Even happier that they didn't go down the Albert Haynesworth route and blow the whole budget on him. Probably only a rental though and he'll be eligible for free agency again next year but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Orakpo out but Chris Culliver in.

Orakpo is a player I liked but maybe more because of the hype than anything he did on the field. He never seemed to live up to what he could have been. I don't know much about Culliver only what I've read but it's worrying that a player is better known for his mouth over his play. Although apparently he had a good 2014 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

McCloughan already having a strong impact by the sounds of things. Really happy with what we're doing.

Orakpo will be no loss. Titans overpayed pretty badly for him I think.

Crabtree in for a visit now. Would be surprised about that move but if we got him cheap enough I wouldnt complain. I rate him higher than most and is definitely an upgrade over Roberts.

Addressing the safety position has to be the big concern now though.

B__F4l9U0AAMQxU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

I may be heading to Washington in late October and will try to take in the game against the Buccaneers(I think) Has anyone an advice re location of stadium and how best to get to it etc. Was at the Patriots last year and bought a ticket as soon as they came out, paid about 150 euro for it could have got one far cheaper nearer the day on Stubhub, should i do the same again?

Dr Devious wrote: »
    I may be heading to Washington in late October and will try to take in the game against the Buccaneers(I think) Has anyone an advice re location of stadium and how best to get to it etc. Was at the Patriots last year and bought a ticket as soon as they came out, paid about 150 euro for it could have got one far cheaper nearer the day on Stubhub, should i do the same again?

Give jack presley off here a pm, he was at fed ex last year i think, the stadium is a fair bit outside the city but im sure jake will give you all the info you need

• Advertisement

I don't think (but could be wrong) that any single game tickets are put on sale by the Redskins so the only way to get tickets is via the secondary market. It was 2012 when I was over and we were riding the wave of optimism of RGIII (I was at the game v Minnesota where he broke out that long TD run) so tickets were in demand.

Now that we're coming off watching 2 miserable seasons, demand for season tickets or plans etc might not be as high and maybe they are selling single tickets now.

When I was looking at going, research told me to stay away from the upper deck and apparently FedEx Field is such a bad design that sitting in the top rows of the lower deck means you can't see the punts or kick offs entirely as the canopy from the upper deck blocks the view. Only a small issue but if you're paying big money to see a game, I want to see the ball!

So that left the bottom half of the lower deck where anywhere seems to have a great view. I got my ticket from the Ticketmaster resale site as opposed to StubHub but there seems to be loads of options these days (Seat Geek etc.) so shop around.

Just checked the ticket and it was a $99 ticket and I ended up paying $150 when fees etc. were included. As I said though, this was when the Redskins were good. I remember reading that games for late in the season last year were nearly being given away for nothing so depending on whether they're 5-1 or 1-5 by the time they pay the Bucs will determine what you end up paying. And that's the gamble, buy now or wait and see how the season progresses.

I was sitting 4 rows from the front at around the 5 yard line on the Vikings sideline side of the stadium. Great view (and it was the end that Griffin ran into).

There's nothing around FedEx Field so unless you're going tailgating, you'll be disappointed. I was on my own but found a group of fans online that invite strangers along to their tailgate (as long as you bring something) and had great fun so I'd recommend that.

And take the Metro too, traffic is famously awful before and after games allegedly. I can't remember for sure but think it's about a half hour ride from central DC to Landover where the stadium is. I was staying out in Arlington but once I changed station somewhere near the National Mall, it was a straight run out to Landover with no more changes of trains needed. You get off at Morgan Boulevard and it's another 20 minute or so walk up to the stadium from there. Follow the crowd!

If you have any other questions, fire away.

Advertisement