Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken & Amlin Cup 2012/13 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

phog wrote: »
    Have a look here, over 30k views and nearly 800 posts.

Ye but take Irishbucsfan out of that thread and it probably would of died after 2 pages :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Clermont Auvergne
    Edinburgh have refused to play Saracens in Cape Town.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/rugby/2012/1011/1224325164590.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Good. Probably not the best game to advertise the H-Cup in the Southern hemisphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I’m not sold on this idea of taking games that far away. Irrespective of the knock out games in neutral venues, I can appreciate teams taking pool games to larger grounds nearby for extra revenue but this idea of Sarries outside their union in Brussels, Cape Town or Boston is nonsense. Just because the NFL and soccer teams do it doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do.

How on earth is a game in Cape Town going to make Sarries any bigger a club in the long term? I doubt they would have even got 25,000 at that game. They should be concentrating their resources more on getting set up in Barnet and increasing their season ticket numbers for next season. They only had 11K in the quarter final last season which says a lot.

Stade Francais are taking their Amlin games this season to Valenciennes, Le Mans and Le Harve which I think is ambitious and obviously they are trying to tap into a kind of north of France regional element rather than just Paris. At least any new supporters from these areas would be able to travel to Paris for any future games. South Africa? That's just a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Sarries have a south african owner IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Munster
    Can this be an Amlin thread as well?
    Mont de Marsan: 15 Jean Baptiste Claverie, 14 Jordan Beaulavon, 13 Christofer Baegert, 12 Tamaz Mchedlidze, 11 Jean Baptiste Dubié, 10 Alexandre Douvesy, 9 Julien Cabannes, 8 Aldric Lescure 7 Sebastian De Chaves, 6 Yann Brethous,5 Vickus Liebenberg,4 Scott Murray,3 Mathieu Giudicelli, 2 Thomas Bordes, 1 Pierre Correia.
    Replacements: 16 Ephraïm Taukafa, 17 Morgan Phelipponneau, 18 Eric Dos Santos, 19 Vincent Farre, 20 Laurent Magnaval, 21 Thibault Duvallet, 22 Yohann Durquet, 23 Sebastien Ormaechea.

Gloucester: 15 Martyn Thomas, 14 Charlie Sharples, 13 Tim Molenaar, 12 Mike Tindall, 11 Ian Clark, 10 Tim Taylor, 9 Dave Lewis, 8 Sione Kalafamoni,7 Andy Hazell, 6 Matt Cox, 5 Will James,4 Peter Buxton, 3 Shaun Knight,2 Koree Britton, 1 Yann Thomas.
    Replacements: 16 Tommaso D'Apice, 17 Nick Wood, 18 Dario Chistolini, 19 Elliot Stooke, 20 Gareth Evans, 21 Jimmy Cowan, 22 Henry Trinder, 23 Billy Twelvetrees.

Date: Thursday, October 11
    Venue: Stade Guy Boniface
    Referee: Neil Hennessy (Wales)
    Assistant referees: James Jones (Wales), Martyn Lewis (Wales)
    Television match official: Gareth Simmonds (Wales)

I think this'll be an interesting game. MdM are at home, so I hope they'll show up and give Glaws a run for their money. I'm going to guess they will, It's a weak enough Gloucester team.

Munster
    That's one of the worst misses you'll see!

Munster
    Gloucester Openside sent off and blindside sin binned.

**** got crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Clermont Auvergne
    Gloster 7 red card, and 6 yellow.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Gloucester Openside sent off and blindside sin binned.

**** got crazy

Total madness. MDM don't look like creating anything anyway so it shouldn't affect the result. But what the f**k were they thinking?

Gloucester have been pretty crap though.

• Advertisement

Munster
    It's their 2nd team but Gloucester have been very conservative all season.

36 is on fire.

Munster
    MdM win the ball, 2 minutes left and 5 points down. They decide to kick it away!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Castre
    What a truly awful display from both teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Podge_irl wrote: »
    What a truly awful display from both teams.

Not the best start to the European action. Surprisingly there hasn't been anything but positive comments about it from the English commentators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Thank God there's no movement afoot to try and secure additional HEC places for teams from the two countries that participated in this fixture.

Munster
    MdM aren't up to it. Hopefully Bourdeaux will be better than that.

Munster
    GerM wrote: »
    Thank God there's no movement afoot to try and secure additional HEC places for teams from the two countries that participated in this fixture.
    There isn't

Munster
    Gloucester looklng for citings for gouging on Hazell before he was sent off.

I suppose the danger of playing a team like MdM who are sending out their 3rd XV is that they aren't as worried about getting a banning!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Gloucester looklng for citings for gouging on Hazell before he was sent off.

I suppose the danger of playing a team like MdM who are sending out their 3rd XV is that they aren't as worried about getting a banning!

Can't see Hazell playing for a long time no matter comes of it

Castre
    wtf
    670531999.gif?key=365205&Expires=1349991861&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=eN1-Na2opWxaZFZKS5UQJpPEm0S7MPn-KT06YGsmQG78a47x3FLb0dP62V74D7-UIliI~-~ALJisfnpaPHjzdZrVo1gxdErPEr2yO~rsJb8f4kUr2dx1iBv0QUox7leyvSLQkkMr0gQYyzW2VvDajMR~FxksMR9cSAVXNO5tLbI_

Forget a season long ban, this guy shouldn't play again.

• Advertisement

Castre
    I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see him getting a ban of the order of a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Clermont Auvergne
    3 swings with intent and a blatant knee to the head, jesus christ. That's worse than the Calum Clark incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Munster
    What provoked that? He is going to be spending a long time on the sidelines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Clermont Auvergne
    wtf
    670531999.gif?key=365205&Expires=1349991861&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=eN1-Na2opWxaZFZKS5UQJpPEm0S7MPn-KT06YGsmQG78a47x3FLb0dP62V74D7-UIliI~-~ALJisfnpaPHjzdZrVo1gxdErPEr2yO~rsJb8f4kUr2dx1iBv0QUox7leyvSLQkkMr0gQYyzW2VvDajMR~FxksMR9cSAVXNO5tLbI_

Forget a season long ban, this guy shouldn't play again.

Claimed he was gouged.

A can we not get all sanctimonious, please? It's a very bad incident, he completely lost the rag obviously, he'll do his time and he'll play again.

Castre
    danthefan wrote: »
    Claimed he was gouged.

A can we not get all sanctimonious, please? It's a very bad incident, he completely lost the rag obviously, he'll do his time and he'll play again.

Pisstake?

That's assault.

Castre
    A can we not get all sanctimonious, please? He completely lost the rag obviously, he'll do his time and he'll play again.

I have no problem with him coming back after his time. But two punches, then a knee to the head, and then another punch all while the player is completely prone on the ground. Its going to be a very, very long ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Clermont Auvergne
    Pisstake?

That's assault.

About 95% of what happens on the rugby pitch would be assault if you did it to someone off the pitch. Let's see if MdM make a complaint to the police.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I have no problem with him coming back after his time. But two punches, then a knee to the head, and then another punch all while the player is completely prone on the ground. Its going to be a very, very long ban.

A very, very long ban indeed, I've no bother with that.

3 swings with intent and a blatant knee to the head, jesus christ. That's worse than the Calum Clark incident.

I don't agree tbh. Well the knee definitely isn't good but something happened to Hazell to set him off and he's just completely lost it, while Clarke deliberately and callously broke the arm of another player. I don't even want to watch the video again but I'm fairly sure his victim did nothing to provoke Clarke. If he'd have been banned for life I wouldn't have complained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

This was thuggish idiocy and deserves a long ban. What Clark did, in my opinion, was GBH and absolutely sickening however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Munster
    I don't agree tbh. Well the knee definitely isn't good but something happened to Hazell to set him off and he's just completely lost it, while Clarke deliberately and callously broke the arm of another player. I don't even want to watch the video again but I'm fairly sure his victim did nothing to provoke Clarke. If he'd have been banned for life I wouldn't have complained.
    Completely agree, loosing it and beating the head off someone and intentionally breaking a fellow players arm are 2 entirely different things.

• Advertisement

Castre
    decisions wrote: »
    Completely agree, loosing it and beating the head off someone and intentionally breaking a fellow players arm are 2 entirely different things.

The guy appears to be out cold after the first blow, then ships 2 more punches, a knee to the head, and another punch...

Advertisement