Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken & Amlin Cup 2012/13 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

Clermont Auvergne
    Impressive stuff from Harlequins, best match of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Clermont Auvergne
    Outstanding second half from Quins. Not looking good for Connacht next week. Very complete performance

Agree with Greenwood they'll be one of top two seeds. Should get a bonus in basically every game now bar Biarritz away and maybe sportsground but wouldn't put that past them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Northampton 0 Glasgow 10
    25 mins gone

Castre
    Northhampton 0 - 15 Glasgow with conversion to come.

Come on you weeeegies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Castre
    Glasgow 2 tries up now. Lamont beats 4 saints player for his. 15-0 con missed

• Advertisement

Clermont Auvergne
    See Dom Waldock lining out for Saints, burst on the scene about 5 years ago now, would've bet my house he'd be an England regular at this point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Castre
    Big 10 minutes for Northampton 12-15 ht

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Munster
    Cardiff leading Sale 24-12 at HT away from home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Clermont Auvergne
    Sale seem to be a right shambles this season.

Clermont Auvergne
    Sale having an absolute mare of a season and that's continuing here..

Cipriani not even starting!

Oh what a player he could have been

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Glasgow Warriors
    Good god I hate Northampton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Connacht
    Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Good god I hate Northampton

especially hartley

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Feck. C'mon Glasgow.... 10 minutes left to conjure something up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Munster
    Northampton aren't nearly as good as they could be. Some really dodgy players mixed up with some truly brilliant ones.

Glasgow Warriors
    Northampton aren't nearly as good as they could be. Some really dodgy players mixed up with some truly brilliant ones.

I'd expect Ulster to beat them home and away tbh

In fact, I have a feeling Ulster could go one better this year

Stupid decision by Glasgow to kick it at the end. I think they could've rumbled on and tried a drop goal, they are making decent ground.

Munster
    It'll be a tough task in Franklins Gardens (or Milton Keynes?). I'd hope Ulster can handle it though.

Northampton though are a good NIQ scrum half and a good 10 away from being a completely different animal.

Sale somehow won that other game?! Jesus Christ. Cardiff should be ashamed, Sale are useless this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Munster
    Tony Buckley scored the winner for Sale. That's him back in the Ireland squad!

Castre
    Tony Buckley...

Glasgow Warriors
    It'll be a tough task in Franklins Gardens (or Milton Keynes?). I'd hope Ulster can handle it though.

Northampton though are a good NIQ scrum half and a good 10 away from being a completely different animal.

Sale somehow won that other game?! Jesus Christ. Cardiff should be ashamed, Sale are useless this season.

Did Cipriani come on?

• Advertisement

Wow, Sale sneak it in the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭leonard7

Connacht
    looks like cipriani orchestrated sales victory

Glasgow Warriors
    Big Tony Buckley with the try at the death apparently

Delighted for him!

Munster
    Ive been looking forward to this all weekend. Deserves some blurb.
    Toulouse: 15 Clement Poitrenaud, 14 Vincent Clerc, 13 Florian Fritz, 12 Gael Fickou, 11 Yoann Huget, 10 Luke McAlister, 9 Jean Marc Doussain, 8 Louis Picamoles, 7 Thierry Dusautoir, 6 Yannick Nyanga, 5 Yoann Maestri, 4 Romain Millo Chlusky, 3 Census Johnston, 2 Gary Botha, 1 Gurthro Steenkamp.
    Replacements: 16 Christopher Tolofua, 17 Jean Batiste Poux, 18 Antoine Guillamon, 19 Patricio Albacete, 20 Jean Bouilhou, 21 Yannick Jauzion, 22 Luke Burgess, 23 Timoci Matanavou.

Leicester: 15 Scott Hamilton, 14 Niall Morris, 13 Manu Tuilagi, 12 Anthony Allen, 11 Vereniki Goneva, 10 Toby Flood, 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Jordan Crane, 7 Thomas Waldrom, 6 Steve Mafi, 5 Geoff Parling, 4 Graham Kitchener, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Tom Youngs, 1 Logovi'i Mulipola.
    Replacements:16 George Chuter, 17 Marcos Ayerza, 18 Martin Castrogiovanni, 19 Ed Slater, 20 Richard Thorpe, 21 Sam Harrison, 22 George Ford, 23 Matt Smith.

Date: Sunday, October 14
    Kick-off: 16:00 local (15:00 BST)
    Venue: Stadium de Toulouse
    Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)
    Assistant referees: Sean Brickell (Wales), Jon Mason (Wales)
    Television match official: Derek Bevan (Wales)
    Timekeeper: Bernard Perez
    Assessor: Patrick Thomas (France)
    Citing commissioner: Denis Templeton (Ireland)

Two reeling giants go head to head in the south of France.

This is the game of the weekend. Leicester are not the team they were 5 years ago. They are still brilliantly coached, they still operate in fantastic facilities and they are still a collection of some of the best individually talented players around. What they lack are the intangibles: The unparalleled leadership of Martin Johnson, the incredible nuance of Neil Back, even the magic of Geordan Murphy is gone now. Most of all the collective spirit, they were such a close-knit bunch. All of it has gone and none of it has been replaced. I have a friend who played there in the good days and the stories are simply incredible. They were one of the best sides in the history of the competition. This side isn't on that level.

Lucky for them, Toulouse aren't quite at their peak either. They're still a fantastic side made up of some real superstars, but they just seem to be off the boil. That's what makes this game so interesting. Noves is one of the most successful coaches in recent history but questions are being raised about him this season, as incredible as that is. This machine is just not performing up to the sum of its parts.

Leicester will need to keep the ball away from the Toulouse backs and they will need to be unbelievably aggressive and hard worming when they lose it. Allow this Toulouse side to have decent quality ball and they will smash you out wide. Niall Morris might be a great prospect for Irish rugby, but Huget and Clerc will be relishing the opportunity to get a chance to run at him. Toulouse need to spend 20 minutes moving the ball coast to coast so they can work down the Leicester pack. Then they need to get tries on the board. Once there's 15 points in this game it'll be beyond Leicester, but that's a lot easier said than done.

Hard to predict this one. I think Toulouse will win but it's hard to predict the manner in which that win will come. I think it'll be close, but Toulouse will pull away at the end and win by 7-14 points.

Now THAT is a team intro tune. None of this Welcome to the Jungle crap.... Anyone know what that is? Sounds like Justice...

Clermont Auvergne

This.

Myler is a very, very poor player imo and how Dickson made the England team in the six nations this year is laughable in the extreme.

Lucky for England they now have 3 scrum halves who are way ahead of Dickson (I assume Care is in the reckoning again?)

Like said above, I also think Ulster will beat Saints home and away but the latter's domestic form has been brilliant. Front 5 are immense! Foden is a loss though at 15

Also how on earth did Cardiff blow it v Sale? Cruising at half time against a team who couldn't buy a win all season. If Cipriani did make a difference then that's a first. he has been woeful all year.

Toulon will win that group pulling up. What a soft draw

Munster
    Picamoles unlucky there, the ball was out.

Although there was clear hands on the deck fro. Toulouse to knock the ball out in the first place. So maybe justice was done.

Munster
    Haha Dan Cole you fool!

Munster
    Haha Nigel Owens is so good at dealing with moaners.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Connacht
    sweet try :D

Advertisement