Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hatton v Senchenko

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

ivoryp wrote: »
    I would expect deterioration in line with him now being 4 years older than 2008 definitely. It's the big deal about his lifestyle that I don't agree with fully.

I honestly see hatton winning this.

In fairness I have a low opinion of Senchenko. As i said elsewhere fighting an opponent with a 0-1 record in his 24th fight doesn't doesn't bode well for Senchenko in my mind.

I think the 10 round fight in the Manchester arena will suit Hatton. Time will tell I guess

Deterioration:

Hence my use of the word "noticeable." I am in the camp that thinks years and lifestyle will show Hatton in an unfavourable light. Yes, he can win, as you noted. This opponent is far from great, but I wouldn't be surprised at all with a Hatton loss. Hatton from 5 years ago I would be quite confident of victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭el flaco

Primetime have announced they are showing this fight. It's 14.95 of the Queens Pounds. The Irish equivalent is probably buried somewhere in the bowels of the site but it's usually about €21 or €22.

They also have a new website http://www.primetimeboxing.co.uk/home/
    Seems strange that they wouldn't redirect you to the new one. Although neither website is great so I'm not surprised. They have several links on the site that just link back to the homepage and one that redirects you to Google....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

So only a day away. Anyone think Senchenko is great value at 11/4, he is 17/1 to win in rounds 7-9.

I haven't a clue how this will go. Hatton has lost the weight, but that's only half the battle. I watched him hitting the pads and body bag and I noticed he was slower on his feet and his shots weren't as neat as they used to be. He looked a bit laboured. Now, has he the pro boxing stamina? How will he be come rds 7-8-9 IF the foe is still there and throwing decent leather at him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Is the result already decided, why would he return to the ring if he was going to be humiliated, unfortunately boxing being the sport it is nothing would surprise me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Melion wrote: »
    So only a day away. Anyone think Senchenko is great value at 11/4, he is 17/1 to win in rounds 7-9.

I've no idea how good bad senchenko is, that is the only problem. Looked at his record, no one of note on it apart from paulie who is his only defeat.

If he had a few wins against decent opponents I would have no problem with a punt on him at those odds. Are the odds high because of all the UK money being lumped on hatton? or is senchenko just not that good?

weemcd wrote: »
    I've no idea how good bad senchenko is, that is the only problem. Looked at his record, no one of note on it apart from paulie who is his only defeat.

If he had a few wins against decent opponents I would have no problem with a punt on him at those odds. Are the odds high because of all the UK money being lumped on hatton? or is senchenko just not that good?

I wouldnt touch Hatton at the prices being quoted which i expect will shorten even further tomorrow. After 3 years out of the ring, anything could happen, incidentally Hatton is 20/1 to win it in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

el flaco wrote: »
    Primetime have announced they are showing this fight. It's 14.95 of the Queens Pounds. The Irish equivalent is probably buried somewhere in the bowels of the site but it's usually about €21 or €22.

They also have a new website http://www.primetimeboxing.co.uk/home/
    Seems strange that they wouldn't redirect you to the new one. Although neither website is great so I'm not surprised. They have several links on the site that just link back to the homepage and one that redirects you to Google....

TRY FIRST ROW SPORTS.EU

Melion wrote: »
    I wouldnt touch Hatton at the prices being quoted which i expect will shorten even further tomorrow. After 3 years out of the ring, anything could happen, incidentally Hatton is 20/1 to win it in the first round.

BUT 2/7 TO WIN THE FIGHT

barney4001 wrote: »
    BUT 2/7 TO WIN THE FIGHT

If i was interested in backing Hatton it would be to win it in the first 3 rounds which is 6/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

If Paulie stopped him, Senchenko can't be that good. If it goes to the late rounds it could be interesting.

Henno30 wrote: »
    If Paulie stopped him, Senchenko can't be that good. If it goes to the late rounds it could be interesting.

If it goes past the 5th, Hatton will be in trouble.

My thoughts exactly, however, Senchenko's eyes were bad in the fight and this is why he was stopped. But, eyes or not, losing to Paulie is poor for a so called WC. I somehow think that Hattons' style (now washed up style) will suit Senchenko more. Paulie was slippy and elusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

If he is going to finish it early I would be thinking 3rd or 4th round, after this anything is possible, but I am sure (if the result is not decided already) Senchenko to win in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, round at 50/1 could be worth a few quid on each,

it would not surprise me, I will be punting on Senchenko to win in the distance mentioned, small money, but I might be smiling at the end with the people who are in the know,

small money being bet on this outcome over a wide area of UK is possible, while I am sure the bookies would be looking out for it, sometimes it will go under the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Hatton will kill this guy. You lads are off your heads thinking anything else is even remotely possible. Hilarious some of the comments on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Have to wait and see what happens when Hatton gets hit.

A good fighter in his day, just not good enough for the very top end of boxing but sure aint that the way with this sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

ebbsy wrote: »
    Have to wait and see what happens when Hatton gets hit.

A good fighter in his day, just not good enough for the very top end of boxing but sure aint that the way with this sport.

All this talk of Hatton by early KO???? :confused:

I'm more interested in seeing what Hatton does when he is caught for the first time early. His punch resistance was shot 3 years ago.

I don't give him any chance here, and I'm fully aware Senchenko is nothing remotely special.

Denton Vassell apparently gave Hatton a pasting consistently in sparring, this fight is not the first of a comeback, its a money making exercise so Hatton can pay his bills now his TV deal with sky has gone down the tube.

The ordinary Senchenko to stop Hatton, possibly early. In order to have a chance Hatton is gunna need to come out swinging and if he does hes going to get caught.

People should be all over Senchenko by stoppage at 5/1

Hatton is a lot shorter than Senchenko and it won,t be easy for Hatton to get to him I think its a 50/50 match

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

Senchenko doesn't have a huge amount of power, and given how reluctant he was to exchange with Malignaggi. he can't have huge confidence in his chin either.

I think it all depends on well Senchenko can absorb or avoid the early body barrage by Hatton. If it goes beyond the early rounds you could imagine Hatton struggling to get inside Senchenko's jab and walking into straight right hands. That's when the punch resistance question would really come into play.

Senchenko is a bit like Andy Lee without the power. He's very technical, but quite rigid and mechanical and he doesn't have especially smooth footwork either. If he's well conditioned and he can make Hatton work to get close to him he could take the steam out of Hatton and gradually start to fight his fight.

If Hatton knocks the wind out of him early though you could see him getting stopped. His left hook is reasonable but I don't think he'll be at all comfortable in a brawl.

Too many unknowns to say for sure. People are saying that Hatton is just there to revive his promotional business, but there's a good chance the 35 year old Senchenko is just there for the money as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Senchenko doesn't have a huge amount of power, and given how reluctant he was to exchange with Malignaggi. he can't have huge confidence in his chin either.

I think it all depends on well Senchenko can absorb or avoid the early body barrage by Hatton. If it goes beyond the early rounds you could imagine Hatton struggling to get inside Senchenko's jab and walking into straight right hands. That's when the punch resistance question would really come into play.

Senchenko is a bit like Andy Lee without the power. He's very technical, but quite rigid and mechanical and he doesn't have especially smooth footwork either. If he's well conditioned and he can make Hatton work to get close to him he could take the steam out of Hatton and gradually start to fight his fight.

If Hatton knocks the wind out of him early though you could see him getting stopped. His left hook is reasonable but I don't think he'll be at all comfortable in a brawl.

Too many unknowns to say for sure. People are saying that Hatton is just there to revive his promotional business, but there's a good chance the 35 year old Senchenko is just there for the money as well.

Senchenko has god awful footwork, feather fists but I fancy any active pro to beat Hatton. Seemingly those in the know in the UK think its a shoe in that Hatton is doing this for all the wrong reasons, theres no hunger, its short term financial gain. Apparently, he is having psychological issues aswell and his sparring has been horrendous.

Hatton at his peak could not handle fully fledged welters either, a shot Hatton will struggle with any welterweight. Senchenko isn't a very good fighter but hes no tomato can, which is what Hatton should have looked into finding himself. I'd say Ricky will be shocked in himself come the first bell at how out of his depth he is.

5/1 for Senchenko for the KO is the best value bet of the year

Hatton won't set foot in the ring after tonight, and it'll be very sad to watch I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

any idea if this can be watched on upc? or do ya need sky

fozz10 wrote: »
    any idea if this can be watched on upc? or do ya need sky

Forget Sky. I bought it and the signal is not being received. No refund either.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

ok cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

whats the story with ordering this fight online?? The website is shocking or would frontrow be ok?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

walshb wrote: »
    Forget Sky. I bought it and the signal is not being received. No refund either.
    Do you not have to wait for it to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

blaze1 wrote: »
    whats the story with ordering this fight online?? The website is shocking or would frontrow be ok?

Also trying to book it. Have a few people coming over to watch it and cant figure it out :confused:

Do you not have to wait for it to start?

No, the signal should be instantaneous, allowing you to watch the previews. Even not buying you should be able to watch the channel up until 1900 hrs. That is what they told me. Will have to ring Sky to see if they can fix this.

Also trying to book it. Have a few people coming over to watch it and cant figure it out :confused:

I started a thread on this. Forget booking online. It's a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Hoping to make a few quid on this, I don't think Hatton will win.

Will he go the distance or will a stoppage be more likely?

10/1 for Senchenko to win on points, 5/1 for the KO.

Can't decide between the two.

Advertisement