Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What odd quirks do you have?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I am forever correcting people's spelling mistakes. I really have to stop it.

When I'm pouring myself a glass of water, or filling a bottle, then I have to fill half of the container with water and then empty it before filling it up fully. Even if I have just taken it off of the dishwasher.

When I get a fork/knife/spoon I have to clean it with my jumper. It makes absolutely no sense at all considering my jumper is probably dirtier.

I despise people who make ham and cheese sandwiches in shops. I have to have a slice of ham on either slice of bread and then the cheese is placed in between them. Shop workers always place one slice on one side and the cheese on the other. I've gotten some strange looks about that.

It's the same with chicken fillet rolls. I have to have the filling in the roll first and then the chicken to pack it all in. I can't understand why people don't make it this way. Otherwise the cheese/coleslaw/sweetcorn is just going to fall out when you try to eat it.

I do the volume number on a multiple of 5 as well.

I tap out specific rhythms with my teeth, fingers or feet.

When I'm passing a lamppost in the car I usually emphasis the pole by tapping my teeth on the right hand side of my mouth. Then in between the poles I tap in an even manner on the left hand side. When I reach the pole again then I tap on the right and the process starts all over again. I really have to stop that one. I can forget completely where I am when I'm doing that one.

And I've a load more that I can't think of at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just checking, am I the only one who thanks the ATM for giving me money?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

CastorTroy wrote: »

Nope!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

CastorTroy wrote: »

I walked into a mirror in a store and apologised to my reflection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I have to make my sandwiches very specifically. Butter on one slice, then whatever filling, then mayo on the other slice then together. The slices also have to fit properly. I can't take random slices of bread to make a sandwich. Someone ina shop once made me a sandwich with the last slice from one pan and the first from another. I found it difficult to eat that one, I will admit.

I have to hold my girlfriends left hand with my right when were walking along. The other way just feels wrong.

I hate writing with anything other than a fountain pen.

I cannot get to sleep if my feet are cold. Just will not happen.

CDs, DVDs and books have to be in alphabetical order. If there's more than one by the same person they are arranged by release date.

I make a very weird noise when I drift off to sleep. It's likes sigh and a moan mixed together. Sometimes I'll wake myself up doing it. And if I'm sharing with someone other than my gf I have to immediately try and cover it up by coughing in case they thought I was... Enjoying myself. ;)

I have to empty out my pockets of change, wallet, keys etc before I take off my jeans every night, even it they are going straight back on me in the morning.

I get very het up when I see other people's computer desktops with individual files or folders saved onto it. Mine has the recycle bin and that's it. Everything has to be filed within folders. I have at least a ten folder deep filing strategy for my phd work.

Quite the oddball, me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I don't drink tea or coffee. That's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I make a very weird noise when I drift off to sleep. It's likes sigh and a moan mixed together. Sometimes I'll wake myself up doing it. And if I'm sharing with someone other than my gf I have to immediately try and cover it up by coughing in case they thought I was... Enjoying myself. ;)

This! I do this. I thought I was the only one.... Though it only seems to happen when I'm having difficulty falling asleep (especially if I'm somewhere unfamiliar). How embarrassing! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I have to make my sandwiches very specifically. Butter on one slice, then whatever filling, then mayo on the other slice then together. The slices also have to fit properly. I can't take random slices of bread to make a sandwich. Someone ina shop once made me a sandwich with the last slice from one pan and the first from another. I found it difficult to eat that one, I will admit.

I have to hold my girlfriends left hand with my right when were walking along. The other way just feels wrong.

I hate writing with anything other than a fountain pen.

I cannot get to sleep if my feet are cold. Just will not happen.

CDs, DVDs and books have to be in alphabetical order. If there's more than one by the same person they are arranged by release date.

I have to empty out my pockets of change, wallet, keys etc before I take off my jeans every night, even it they are going straight back on me in the morning.

I get very het up when I see other people's computer desktops with individual files or folders saved onto it. Mine has the recycle bin and that's it. Everything has to be filed within folders. I have at least a ten folder deep filing strategy for my phd work.

Quite the oddball, me.

I do all these! Even if me and my bf are not holding hands it feels weird to be on his left side.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ecarg

I have to peg matching socks together out of the washing machine.
    I will rearrange the dishwasher contents if something is out of place
    I have to sleep at the side nearest the door

I'm sure that people who know me would be able to point out other peculiarities, but they come to mind most quickly...

Advertisement