Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Goldman and Philips will definitely be gone by the next time we pick imo. Would anyone give up next years first to get up to the top of the second this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Raf32 wrote: »
    Does anyone think Dorsett is a replacement for TY as he is in his contract year? If they cant get him for a good deal, I think they might let him walk. This guy seems awfully similar.

Don't say that. I'll chain Hilton to the Lucas Oil to stop him from leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭not_quite_last

Yeah, I've been hearing that alot from other fans this morning. I'd hate to see TY leave. So far he hasn't seemed the guy that's just after the money though, so I'm hoping something will be worked out.

And having them 2 on the field at the same time - could be very scary with Johnson in there too.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Don't say that. I'll chain Hilton to the Lucas Oil to stop him from leaving.

He is easily a top 10 receiver in the league but this pick gives the Colts some leverage next season. I hope we get something done though.

Yeah, I've been hearing that alot from other fans this morning. I'd hate to see TY leave. So far he hasn't seemed the guy that's just after the money though, so I'm hoping something will be worked out.

And having them 2 on the field at the same time - could be very scary with Johnson in there too.

And the two TE's and Frank Gore :eek:

• Advertisement

And the two TE's and Frank Gore :eek:

They'd have to take Luck off the field then!

They'd have to take Luck off the field then!

I could genuinely throw a ball to all that. Id be disappointed if Luck doesnt at least match this seasons output now. If Gosder is fit, the only position I'm worried about on that side is Centre.

I could genuinely throw a ball to all that. Id be disappointed if Luck doesnt at least match this seasons output now. If Gosder is fit, the only position I'm worried about on that side is Centre.

I think if they just put Holmes in at center and leave him there, it'll be like revisiting Manning/Saturday all over again.

I agree about right tackle though. They need some one this year as I don't think Gosder is up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

That_Guy wrote: »
    Can't believe I stayed up to watch the Colts draft a wide receiver. We need somebody to protect Luck. Or ya know, grab a defensive player. It's glaringly obvious that our D-line is extremely weak.

Amen. I think it was a complete nonsense move. It might have been nice to draft a defensive player who could help stop the Pats blowing us out again. Then the Pats go and draft the kind of player we really need in Malcolm Brown :(. Ah but maybe Grigson the sap that he is, will blame the psi levels in footballs if we lose out again in 2015.:rolleyes:

Again we needed depth at CB but no way should we be spending a high third on one. Looks a good player but worryingly still no help on the D-line or at Safety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭letowski

Raf32 wrote:
    Again we needed depth at CB but no way should we be spending a high third on one. Looks a good player but worryingly still no help on the D-line or at Safety.

Yeah I agree, we have a high fourth though which was a good trade i thought, so hopefully we will see those positions filled (we keep saying we will for sure). I ve a feeling were getting a rb soon for some reason. I thought the was a chance to trade up a few for Phillips.
    I dont know about much about Smith, Toler and Bulter are both 30 i think but still playing well to be fair to both. Similar to Dorsett, a requirement but not this early in the draft imo.

letowski wrote: »
    Yeah I agree, we have a high fourth though which was a good trade i thought, so hopefully we will see those positions filled (we keep saying we will for sure). I ve a feeling were getting a rb soon for some reason. I thought the was a chance to trade up a few for Phillips.
    I dont know about much about Smith, Toler and Bulter are both 30 i think but still playing well to be fair to both. Similar to Dorsett, a requirement but not this early in the draft imo.

Ya I genuinely thought we might have made a push for him or Goldman. Theres not much talent I like for the D-line left now except for Davis and Bennent. I hope they are there for tomorrow because I agree with you, could definitely see a RB go next. Would love to get Coleman. If the next three picks were a NT, RB and S I would be ok with this draft but knowing Grigson he will probably go OLB next!

The Stanford Colts strikes again :pac: Anderson looks a really good pick.

Clayton Geathers, SS from UCF. Happy with the selection, the type of player we needed to bring in. I expect him to start ahead of Dwight Lowery alongside Mike so hopefully he goes well. His report have him as a physical guy who is strong against the run, which is what wee need. I think he would be a better fit to Amos.

Would still love a good DT, Carl Davis just went to the Ravens. Michael Bennett is still around, there's is not alot of the deep RB class left now.

Clayton Geathers, SS from UCF. Happy with the selection, the type of player we needed to bring in. I expect him to start ahead of Dwight Lowery alongside Mike so hopefully he goes well. His report have him as a physical guy who is strong against the run, which is what wee need. I think he would be a better fit to Amos.

Would still love a good DT, Carl Davis just went to the Ravens. Michael Bennett is still around, there's is not alot of the deep RB class left now.

Would you take a chance on Ajayi? I really like the Geathers pick too. Looks a tone setter and loves to hit hard. Could be what we wanted Landry to be. RB and Bennent would be a good days drafting.

Would you take a chance on Ajayi? I really like the Geathers pick too. Looks a tone setter and loves to hit hard. Could be what we wanted Landry to be. RB and Bennent would be a good days drafting.

I get the feeling after Ballard and Bradshaw their a little scared of Ajayi in the war room :) But I think I would draft him still, would you? Gore is very solid has no injury problems and Boom I think is a decent 2nd choice, so I would go for him if the opportunity arose. But not if there is a good DT to chose.

Edit: Ajayi is going to the Dolphins and we trade up for David Parry, I think we lose one of our 7th picks.

If Ballard can come back alright, we might get away with an UDFA RB now. There doesnt seem to be anything of note left. Is Parry any good? Seems a bit small for a NT. Three picks left so I would spend at least two on the lines.

If Ballard can come back alright, we might get away with an UDFA RB now. There doesnt seem to be anything of note left. Is Parry any good? Seems a bit small for a NT. Three picks left so I would spend at least two on the lines.

He was probably picked due to his relationship with Anderson. They played in a 3-4 defense formation at Stanford, but he probably isn't going to make an instant impact, probably be ok. I would have preferred if we drafted a NT in round 2 and got a CB now. Overall, I'm unsure Anderson and Parry will bring the impact we need, there was a chance for better d linemen in this draft I think.

He was probably picked due to his relationship with Anderson. They played in a 3-4 defense formation at Stanford, but he probably isn't going to make an instant impact, probably be ok. I would have preferred if we drafted a NT in round 2 and got a CB now. Overall, I'm unsure Anderson and Parry will bring the impact we need, there was a chance for better d linemen in this draft I think.

Yup agreed, I think the WR could have waited until now too. The first three should have been a DE, NT and S. THen go BPA after that. 3 picks left, Bennent is still out there...

Yup agreed, I think the WR could have waited until now too. The first three should have been a DE, NT and S. THen go BPA after that. 3 picks left, Bennent is still out there...

Yeah he is. You never know with Parry though, the fact that Grigs traded up to get this guy must mean something. I'd like to hear his views afterwards. It's funny I would have drafted these exact positions up until now.. only in reverse :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah he is. You never know with Parry though, the fact that Grigs traded up to get this guy must mean something. I'd like to hear his views afterwards. It's funny I would have drafted these exact positions up until now.. only in reverse :pac:

Haha I am the exact same. I cant wait until the UDFA's start now and we get some more players. Collins is surely worth a 7th.

Bennent gone to the Jags :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

This has turned into a really solid draft. Hopefully grab Prewitt now with our last.

Have to say I'm pretty happy with that draft!

Good job from Grigson!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

I'm remain unconvinced by the moves we made to shore up a poor run defense, but only time with tell on that. Picking up a WR in the 1st round was complete nonsesne. I mean do we really need to give Luck anymore weapons. He's been spoon fed enough, high time he started delivering on the constant hype imo. Winning the weakest division in the AFC wears thin after awhile.

Areyouwell wrote:
    I'm remain unconvinced by the moves we made to shore up a poor run defense, but only time with tell on that. Picking up a WR in the 1st round was complete nonsesne. I mean do we really need to give Luck anymore weapons. He's been spoon fed enough, high time he started delivering on the constant hype imo. Winning the weakest division in the AFC wears thin after awhile.

I think that we have not brought in a real quality NT is dissappointing, as it was for me our big need going back to February. There some good picks I think in Smith, Anderson and Robinson nonetheless. It's hard to know how we will be against the run next year, Jones will be in better shape and Langford and Irving look good fits. But if Chapman is getting pushed around..

Not a big fan of Chapman myself either tbh. Parry looks too small for NT. Also still think we could have done with one more S and maybe a centre. But the NT is the most worrying position atm.

I read that some players are unhappy about the Colts picking Dorsett in the first.

I feel quite happy after the draft. I feel like they got some good players - from what I've read anyway - and hopefully with a better defense this year Luck will feel less pressure to force the ball and not feel like he always has to make a play.

Only downside that I can see now is we have to wait before we get to see them on the field. :-(

• Advertisement

Nice breakdown on Geathers here (2nd half):
    http://youtu.be/hz_3seM7w9o

Small bit on the end of this about Djuon
    http://youtu.be/FdlB3OXgg18

Advertisement