Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Luck was limited today in training. I knew something was up wit him as his throwing has looked way off except for that last quarter against the Titans. Well done Grigson on protecting your franchise QB :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Brady is in phenomenal form this season, no thanks to us I suspect. And I fear we are going to get a battering on Sunday night.:(

Areyouwell wrote: »
    Brady is in phenomenal form this season, no thanks to us I suspect. And I fear we are going to get a battering on Sunday night.:(

Yup looking like it will be a blow out. Our only hope is that we can generate some pass rush (which has nearly been non existent for us this year) against their under performing OL (now without their LT Solder).

On a plus side, Bradshaw is back! Top signing and a 1-2 of Gore and Bradshaw should provide us with our best ground game since maybe 2006?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭letowski

On a plus side, Bradshaw is back! Top signing and a 1-2 of Gore and Bradshaw should provide us with our best ground game since maybe 2006?

Delighted to hear he was back. I hope he can return to the same form he had before his injury last year. He'd be a big help for Luck as well, as he is a very good receiving running back.

Cant see us getting it done tommorrow, even with AL. I agree Manusky has to get some sort of a pass rush going and be aggressive. I know our backfield has struggled so far, but I still think fully fit, they can be good. But there just no point going out again tommorrow with no pass rush and zone defence against Brady and co. , we will get absolutely destroyed.

I dont think anybody has any idea how well our offense will play tommorrow. They dont have as good a backfield like they did in jan, so hopefully our recievers can make some plays. But if the oline is struggling were goosed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I am absolutely bricking tonight. There's nothing to suggest that it won't be a blow out.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I am absolutely bricking tonight. There's nothing to suggest that it won't be a blow out.

Its gonna be very ugly

Its gonna be very ugly

Weak D vs Tom Brady who is going to humiliate us.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Captain Peanuts McDrummie

Not looking forward to tonight's game. I hope they don't walk all over us, but chances are they'll put up a pretty high score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

that wasn't so bad apart from the fake punt call which may be the single worst play I've ever watched.

Luck looked pretty good so I'm feeling better for the rest of the season.

The defense allowed receivers to get wide open too often and it's killing us.

• Advertisement

It's maybe not been since 2011 am I proper dreading a Colts game this weekend. I'm not sure do we have any chance against the Broncos. I caught a bit of the Packers game last weekend and their defense is class.. and we've just fired our OC. Our qb has had fractured ribs recently, with his form never as bad, and our offense line is one of the worst in the league. This really is the worst case scenario anybody could have predicted at the start of the season.

Not that I'd dont disagree with Pep getting sacked, I think he was a huge factor in what has been a terrible offense this year. Either way, there is going to be more major changes with the coaching staff at the end of the season, bar a miracle (genuinely).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

letowski wrote: »
    It's maybe not been since 2011 am I proper dreading a Colts game this weekend. I'm not sure do we have any chance against the Broncos. I caught a bit of the Packers game last weekend and their defense is class.. and we've just fired our OC. Our qb has had fractured ribs recently, with his form never as bad, and our offense line is one of the worst in the league. This really is the worst case scenario anybody could have predicted at the start of the season.

Luck could have a torrid time against the Broncos - the focus against GB was the secondary and sticking to the receivers despite Rodgers buying a lot of time (which he is very good at). Against the Colts I think the Broncos will just pin back their ears and go after Luck.

Delighted Pep is gone! Luck is hurt and needs someone calling plays that give him short dump offs, slants, etc. Broncos will trash us this week but we should still make playoffs so who knows then!

Yeah Luck has got to get rid of it quicker this week, or he is in for a rough day. Whatever about the Oline not being able to get him room, the receivers aren't playing well either, Moncrief is maybe the closest to his best. Our passing game is just a complete mess right now. I think Chud will have Fleener and Allen on the field for most plays on Sunday, and be more committed in using Gore and Bradshaw. Well, hopefully anyway, we have criminally abandoned the run this season when is was going well, especially 2 weeks ago against NE.

Delighted Pep is gone! Luck is hurt and needs someone calling plays that give him short dump offs, slants, etc. Broncos will trash us this week but we should still make playoffs so who knows then!

I think if we were to like swap divisions with the niners, Dolphins or the Buccs, we would definitely be bottom of those divisions! It would be funny actually if we were able to do something in the playoffs however highly unlikely it would be :)

Season back on track?

Solid effort all round apart from possibly the punt return... though McAfee nearly got there to save that 1st half ending TD.

McG wrote:
    Season back on track?

Solid effort all round apart from possibly the punt return... though McAfee nearly got there to save that 1st half ending TD.

Yeah thought its was a gutsy performance from the Colts on both sides of the ball.

Chud, Luck and the offense though deserve alot of credit for putting in their best performance, esp because it was the leagues best D. 27 pts and the game finished on a 1st down on the Broncos 1. Thought Luck used the ball really well in the 4th. The Broncos had tied the game with about 8 or 10mins left, but the Colts dominated the possesion after that.

Hopefully we can continue this level of execution. Its amazing how far common sense wrt play calling goes.

Fair play to TY too, carrying that injury, he was excellent.

Apparently during the Denver game Andrew Luck tore his kidney and is out for 2 to 6 weeks. That's to go along with a severely bruised shoulder and cracked rib in the first 9 weeks. Also our rookie DE Henry Anderson has torn his ACL and is gone for the season. Theres no doubt he was one of the positives of the season and would be our rookie of the year so far.

They are tough ones to take.

I'd rather sit him out for the full 6 weeks tbh. It's not good but I don't think it's as catastrophic as it's being made out to be. Our O-Line has been ok and Hasselbeck has shown that he's capable of filling in.

Protection is obviously of big concern and Luck has taken more hits than he really should be. That's down to Grigson not employing guys to protect QB's.

I'd rather sit him out for the full 6 weeks tbh. It's not good but I don't think it's as catastrophic as it's being made out to be. Our O-Line has been ok and Hasselbeck has shown that he's capable of filling in.

Protection is obviously of big concern and Luck has taken more hits than he really should be. That's down to Grigson not employing guys to protect QB's.

Yeah I think there is kinda two ways of looking at it. We have a new OC so it's not ideal to lose Andrew now. But this will afford his body to heal up and we don't have a hard fixture schedule at the end of December. Matt is a good back up thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

My sympathies go to Luck and Colts fans -

While the objective of any defence is to get to the QB - no one ever wants to see a player hurt like Luck. It is to his credit that he was able to lead the Colts to victory despite being injured in the game.

My sympathies go to Luck and Colts fans -

While the objective of any defence is to get to the QB - no one ever wants to see a player hurt like Luck. It is to his credit that he was able to lead the Colts to victory despite being injured in the game.

While it's frustrating that Luck is injured, it's more frustrating that myself and many other Colts fans have been saying for 3+ years now that we need to protect the QB more.

This is a huge failing on Ryan Grigson's part. I'll still not forgive him for drafting a bloody WR in the 1st round of the draft when it's a position that doesn't need to be filled.

We're in a precarious position in terms of how our season is going to pan out. (4-5) and I just hope that they don't try to rush Luck back too quickly.

I'd rather write this season off than have him potentially miss a few games next season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

While it's frustrating that Luck is injured, it's more frustrating that myself and many other Colts fans have been saying for 3+ years now that we need to protect the QB more.

This is a huge failing on Ryan Grigson's part. I'll still not forgive him for drafting a bloody WR in the 1st round of the draft when it's a position that doesn't need to be filled.

We're in a precarious position in terms of how our season is going to pan out. (4-5) and I just hope that they don't try to rush Luck back too quickly.

I'd rather write this season off than have him potentially miss a few games next season.

It would take a miracle not to win the division, and it would take an even bigger miracle not to be the 4th seed, so the next few games will have little or no impact on the playoffs, so a few weeks off shouldnt affect things too badly. Get him back in time for the last week or 2, and then into playoffs, and who knows from there. Th injury itself and the long term effects of it would be more troubling, but I wouldnt really write off the season yet. Another playoff run will do them good and head into next season with not half as much expectation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yeah, no one is catching you guys, Titans may make a late surge IF they can keep mariota healthy but we'll fall short imo

Two more wins will win us the division as we will probably have the tie break. Cant see anyone winning 8 games this season in the South. Beat Bucs and Jags and go on a run with a healthy Luck and an upgraded OC.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

We can count ourselves blessed that we play in the weakest division in football. I think the Luck injury has also glossed over a lot of stuff and that stuff being how badly he played this season. Into his 4th year and his ball security is just not good enough, he remains too prone to ints and still panic throws in the face of an effective blitz. I've seen no improvement there in 4 years and it really is something that he needs to sort out if he wants to reach the level of Rodgers or Brady.

Colts coming to London in 2016!

Been waiting years to see them in a regular season game in person! :)

Anyone know what the story is with tickets? Would love to get over to it.

Anyone know what the story is with tickets? Would love to get over to it.

They go on sale in January.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/nfl#

One of my friends went to the Jags game this year, his ticket cost 80 pounds. He was on the top tier but decent viewing according to him.

• Advertisement

Obviously Luck is our franchise QB but does anybody else think that him on the sidelines watching Hasselbeck is nothing but a good thing?

Ok, Matt's not exactly the greatest QB in the league, nor does he have the strongest arm in the league but with Luck taking a look at an O-Line that has failed him can only be a good thing for his progression in saying, "listen, I've got hurt. Matt's still taking hits. We need to strengthen here."

Advertisement