Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Echoing the others posts above, the Colts are a better side than they showed last night. Luck will win a superbowl I'm sure. Just need a decent running back and a few other positions and it wont be long before they are winning the AFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Disappointing end to a good season. We're looking good for the future though so there'll be more opportunities to get to a Super Bowl soon enough.

We were simply outplayed last night (by quite a margin). I think I'd feel much worse as a Packers fan this morning, they threw their game away.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

McG wrote: »
    Disappointing end to a good season. We're looking good for the future though so there'll be more opportunities to get to a Super Bowl soon enough.

We were simply outplayed last night (by quite a margin). I think I'd feel much worse as a Packers fan this morning, they threw their game away.

I agree, it would be worse to lose the way the Packers did. We hadn't a chance last night, so I don't feel so bad about the loss. A lot of work to be done now in the offseason, hopefully we'll come back next year a stronger team because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭letowski

Areyouwell wrote: »
    I agree, it would be worse to lose the way the Packers did. We hadn't a chance last night, so I don't feel so bad about the loss. A lot of work to be done now in the offseason, hopefully we'll come back next year a stronger team because of this.

I'd agree, it hasnt been a bad season all in all, even though we should have been competitive last night.
    For next year, I think we have a bit of surgery to do on our d-line especially, we just have a poor run defense. I think Redding might retire also, RJF, Jones all struggled badly last night.
    No doubt our running game needs to drastically improve too. Im doubtful Pagano is the right man to take us to a SB, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I don't mind loosing to the Pats! Disappointing of course but They've been head and shoulders above everyone else in the AFC since before mid season!

What really disappoints me is that we get hammered, on the ground, for the third game in a row! It's not as if it's an exceptionally creative run game either!

Ah well loads to talk about in the coming months but a season of more positives overall than negatives!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Colts secondary played well in the post season, improve that run D and continue to provide Luck with weapons, a ground game to actually help him would be great too ;) and the team isn't that far away tbh. A qb like Luck always gives you a shot, and he will continue to improve, he has taken a step forward and so have the team in each of his three seasons. I look forward to hating you guys again in the near future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

kryogen wrote: »
    Colts secondary played well in the post season, improve that run D and continue to provide Luck with weapons, a ground game to actually help him would be great too ;) and the team isn't that far away tbh. A qb like Luck always gives you a shot, and he will continue to improve, he has taken a step forward and so have the team in each of his three seasons. I look forward to hating you guys again in the near future :)

Don't worry I've never stopped hating the Pats!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I find it hard to just write the game off, I know it's the Pats, I know their coaching standards are superior to almost every other team, but it didn't need to be that sort of thrashing (regardless of the fact that you take more risks when you're further behind on the scoreboard.

letowski wrote: »
    I'd agree, it hasnt been a bad season all in all, even though we should have been competitive last night.
    For next year, I think we have a bit of surgery to do on our d-line especially, we just have a poor run defense. I think Redding might retire also, RJF, Jones all struggled badly last night.
    No doubt our running game needs to drastically improve too. Im doubtful Pagano is the right man to take us to a SB, though.

I couldn't agree more with all of that and if Richardson is still on the roster next season. I'll probably lose my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Colts are on the hook for his fully salary no matter so that has to be factored in.

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Colts are on the hook for his fully salary no matter so that has to be factored in.

I never considered that. Anyone have any figures for how much that would be?

Areyouwell wrote: »
    I never considered that. Anyone have any figures for how much that would be?

$3.184m

According to Joel Corry on twitter now that isn't the case due to him being suspended for the last 2 games.
    @corryjoel wrote:
    I've confirmed that Trent Richardson's suspension for conduct detrimental voids the guarantees of his $3,184,062 2015 base salary
    @corryjoel wrote:
    40% of the disputed amount ($1,273,625) would count on Indy's cap while Trent Richardson's grievance was pending.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Colts close to signing Duron Carter

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2320331-duron-carter-rumors-latest-buzz-and-speculation-surrounding-wr

assuming it's done at a reasonable price this could be a great piece of work to get another weapon for the offence before draft/free agency

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sad to see the Reggie Wayne being let go but think its the correct decision. This is a match I will never forget and one of the best performances from a player I have ever seen. This sums up Reggie Wayne!

In other free agent news, Freeman and Boom will be back next year.

Tyvon Branch came in for a visit two days ago but no contract so far. If we could get him on the cheap and he stays healthy, he would be a top signing.

Todd Herremans was in for a visit today. Although he is old, he is brilliant in run blocking and an upgrade over what we have at RG.

Trent Cole is having a visit tomorrow. If we can get him cheap, we cant let him leave without a contract. Our pass rush is poor and no telling how Mathis comes back.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Sad to see the Reggie Wayne being let go but think its the correct decision. This is a match I will never forget and one of the best performances from a player I have ever seen. This sums up Reggie Wayne!

Yeah sad day, Reggie has been some servant, one of my favourite players.

It will be interesting who the Colts see as their #2 WR. Moncrief showed should good promise last season but he is still very raw. There are reports that the Colts are linked to Andre Johnson who would be a like for like replacement I guess. I don't think we will re-sign Nicks, he did decent in the post season, but really poor in the regular season.

Yeah sad day, Reggie has been some servant, one of my favourite players.

It will be interesting who the Colts see as their #2 WR. Moncrief showed should good promise last season but he is still very raw. There are reports that the Colts are linked to Andre Johnson who would be a like for like replacement I guess. I don't think we will re-sign Nicks, he did decent in the post season, but really poor in the regular season.

I really like Moncrief but think we need to add a veteran and let him develop a bit more. Him and Hilton are gonna be one top duo in a few years. Johnson would be a great pick up, give us a big physical receiver which we are lacking now. Hopefully the Texans can release him soon. Im shocked we werent in for Marshall, would have been a steal for a fifth rounder. not too many other vets appeal atm so hopefully we can snag Johnson soon.

Raf32 wrote:
    I really like Moncrief but think we need to add a veteran and let him develop a bit more. Him and Hilton are gonna be one top duo in a few years. Johnson would be a great pick up, give us a big physical receiver which we are lacking now. Hopefully the Texans can release him soon. Im shocked we werent in for Marshall, would have been a steal for a fifth rounder. not too many other vets appeal atm so hopefully we can snag Johnson soon.

I agree, AJ would suit Hiltons and Moncriefs attributes. I think Herremans would be a great bit of business if we could sign him, definitely need improvements in our run game. I dont know would I be for signing Cole though, I think he is on the wane now and plays in a 4-3 at the Eagles? Still though, we lacked leadership I think on our d-line last year and he would be better than Werner imo.

I agree, AJ would suit Hiltons and Moncriefs attributes. I think Herremans would be a great bit of business if we could sign him, definitely need improvements in our run game. I dont know would I be for signing Cole though, I think he is on the wane now and plays in a 4-3 at the Eagles? Still though, we lacked leadership I think on our d-line last year and he would be better than Werner imo.

Ya think your right about Cole. Saw on twitter that he would prefer a move t oa 4-3 team. Werner should be used as trait bait imo, maybe for a depth at cb. Id say we will sign Pernell McPhee from the Ravens.

• Advertisement

Ya think your right about Cole. Saw on twitter that he would prefer a move t oa 4-3 team. Werner should be used as trait bait imo, maybe for a depth at cb. Id say we will sign Pernell McPhee from the Ravens.

Yeah I think so too.
    But would you think McPhee is better than Walden? I thought Walden was ok last year overall, but there doesn't seem to be many options for the Colts out there to sign.

Yeah I think so too.
    But would you think McPhee is better than Walden? I thought Walden was ok last year overall, but there doesn't seem to be many options for the Colts out there to sign.

Im not sue, i have seen very little of him. What do you think? I was happy with Walden too, think he gets a lot of undeserved stick. But im really worried about the pass rush. The only bit of pass rush we got last year was through blitzing and Id say Mathis will decline severely next year. So a few extra bodies that can play the position is needed imo. McPhee and Cole and Id be happy.

Im really worried about the safety position too. We havent signed Adams yet and its a really bad market and draft for the position this year. im not Browns biggest fan so dont want to see him coming back as a starter next year. So many holes t fill!

Im not sue, i have seen very little of him. What do you think? I was happy with Walden too, think he gets a lot of undeserved stick. But im really worried about the pass rush. The only bit of pass rush we got last year was through blitzing and Id say Mathis will decline severely next year. So a few extra bodies that can play the position is needed imo. McPhee and Cole and Id be happy.

Im really worried about the safety position too. We havent signed Adams yet and its a really bad market and draft for the position this year. im not Browns biggest fan so dont want to see him coming back as a starter next year. So many holes t fill!

From what I have seen of him he didn't stand out for the Ravens, but they have a good defense. He is versatile though which could be very useful. Im kinda looking through the FA list and I don't see much better fits than him! I think our d-line would could do with a proven veteran in there as we have alot of younger guys who are lacking a bit of consistency. I think Walden lives up to his wage to be fair to him too.

I hope to god Adams comes back next season, be was a huge player for us last season. I think Sergio is ok not very reliable starter, but if we get a (healthy) Branch and a draft we should be ok there.

There is hardly going to be a more busier GM in the next few weeks than Grigs and his 43m cap space :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

My Ravens don't have a track record of drafting recievers and instead have a long history of bringing in vets on cheapish deals

Does Reggie Wayne have the ability to play a 1 year deal? I know he was hurt last year.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    My Ravens don't have a track record of drafting recievers and instead have a long history of bringing in vets on cheapish deals

Does Reggie Wayne have the ability to play a 1 year deal? I know he was hurt last year.

Maybe as a #3 but I wouldnt have much high hopes for him. he was a shell of the player last year albeit carrying an injury or two. Seems to be going out the same way as Marvin. He wants a contender though so Ravens would be a good fit.

I like the Todd Herremans pick up. not too expensive and solid in the run game if we can keep him healthy. So far so good!

Raf32 wrote:
    I like the Todd Herremans pick up. not too expensive and solid in the run game if we can keep him healthy. So far so good!

Looks like going by reports today that Gore will be arriving here too 12mil/3yrs, 7.5mil garraunteed. I think himself Boom Tipton and one of a fit Ballard or Bradshaw would make a v good backfield. I like that there seems to be a strong focus on our run game in the fa, as it was poor last year. If we can get Andre Johnson too our offense should be in good shape next season.

EDIT: Mike Adams agreed an extension so it's been a good day :)

Looks like going by reports today that Gore will be arriving here too 12mil/3yrs, 7.5mil garraunteed. I think himself Boom Tipton and one of a fit Ballard or Bradshaw would make a v good backfield. I like that there seems to be a strong focus on our run game in the fa, as it was poor last year. If we can get Andre Johnson too our offense should be in good shape next season.

EDIT: Mike Adams agreed an extension so it's been a good day :)

If we get them two guys that offence is set, has a bit of everything. Wouldnt mind a centre but cant complain :pac:

We really needed Adams back, thank god we got that done. Redding visiting Arizona tomorrow is a bit disappointing. Hopefully we can get a lot of help for the front seven now. Draft Adams partner at safety.

Per @caplannfl on ESPN, Trent Cole is signing a 2 year $16M deal with the Colts.

Oh we just got badly ripped off imo

• Advertisement

If we get them two guys that offence is set, has a bit of everything. Wouldnt mind a centre but cant complain :pac:

We really needed Adams back, thank god we got that done. Redding visiting Arizona tomorrow is a bit disappointing. Hopefully we can get a lot of help for the front seven now. Draft Adams partner at safety.

Yeah and with Sergio Brown is in talks with the Jaguars, the Safety position was getting a little sketchy there for a while. I think drafting a S is looking highly likely but if Sergio goes I think we will need to bring in FA.

I think you're right about the Trent Cole deal, I had to blink twice! But 8 million is guaranteed so it might not be that bad. We will need Cole to maintain his strong pass rushing game, but at 32 it might be hard.

Advertisement