Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Write up on Whalen

http://coltsauthority.com/uncategorized/colts-authority-dregs-of-the-roster-griff-whalen-film-review.html

Mostly positive though it only looks at his targets so he may have been poor on the plays he wasn't targeted on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

How do you guys feel about getting another Manning on the roster?

Danieal Manning released by the Texans. Would like very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

davyjose wrote: »
    How do you guys feel about getting another Manning on the roster?

Danieal Manning released by the Texans. Would like very much.

Yup would love to have him and shouldnt be too dear. Age is a negative though and get the feeling we wont make any more moves until the draft but who knows.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Yup would love to have him and shouldnt be too dear. Age is a negative though and get the feeling we wont make any more moves until the draft but who knows.

He'll be 32 next season. No spring chicken, but not too old for a guy who isn't too physical. A signing like this shouldn't affect the draft process, but we've a glaring hole at safety, and the chances of picking up a guy in the 2nd who's ready to go, with the ability to read NFL level offenses is remote.

We'd be mad not to throw a few million at this guy and bring him up to Indy.

Would have rathered chris Clemons to be honest! Though the signing of Landry last year to go with Bethea kind of leads me to believe there is no real plan at safety!

• Advertisement

Was doing a good bit of watching clips lately and the more i see him the more i like the signing of Costa. Cheap versatile option who could be the starter. If our guard play improves it could be the best deal of the off season for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

So Costa has decided to retire. Not exactly what the Colts needed right now.

Sun. Sept. 7 at Denver 8:30 PM NBC
    Mon. Sept. 15 PHILADELPHIA 8:30 PM ESPN
    Sun. Sept. 21 at Jacksonville 1:00 PM CBS
    Sun. Sept. 28 TENNESSEE 1:00PM CBS
    Sun. Oct. 5 BALTIMORE 1:00PM CBS
    Thurs. Oct. 9 at Houston 8:25 PM CBS
    Sun. Oct. 19 CINCINNATI 1:00 PM CBS
    Sun. Oct. 26 at Pittsburgh 4:25 PM CBS
    Mon. Nov. 3 at NY Giants 8:30 PM ESPN
    Sun. Nov. 9 BYE WEEK
    Sun. Nov. 16 NEW ENGLAND 8:30 PM NBC
    Sun. Nov. 23 JACKSONVILLE 1:00 PM CBS
    Sun. Nov. 30 WASHINGTON 1:00 PM FOX
    Sun. Dec. 7 at Cleveland 1:00 PM CBS
    Sun. Dec. 14 HOUSTON 1:00 PM CBS
    Sun. Dec. 21 at Dallas 4:25 PM CBS
    Sun. Dec. 28 at Tennessee 1:00 PM CBS

Tough start but if we come out of that 1-1 we're looking good for the next few weeks.

Shame 3 of the prime time games are in the first 6 weeks, hopefully we get flexed into a few later in the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

kmart6 wrote: »
    Shame 3 of the prime time games are in the first 6 weeks, hopefully we get flexed into a few later in the season.

hope not! prime time games are a pain to watch live, I'm happiest with early Sunday kick offs.

Luck QB master class on Sky Sports 1 right now.

Sucks not having a first round pick tonight, but look on the bright side we have Trent Richardson :pac:

So what do we want now? Loads of safeties going early is really bad news! Guard/centre is still in play I guess, but what happens if there's a run on those early in the second round!

I wonder/hope would Cody Latimer still be there when we pick! I know it's not an immediate need this year but with Wayne and Nicks out of contract at the end of the year we'll have to address it then anyway!

Safe pick is guard/centre! Need is safety but how good are the safeties that are left! DL could be an option depending on who's left! WR would be a luxury!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    So what do we want now? Loads of safeties going early is really bad news! Guard/centre is still in play I guess, but what happens if there's a run on those early in the second round!

I wonder/hope would Cody Latimer still be there when we pick! I know it's not an immediate need this year but with Wayne and Nicks out of contract at the end of the year we'll have to address it then anyway!

Safe pick is guard/centre! Need is safety but how good are the safeties that are left! DL could be an option depending on who's left! WR would be a luxury!

Gutted to be honest, Getting one of them safetys would have been huge. Think we should target a guard or centre in this round maybe Gabe Jackson if he falls. Either that or a corner like SJB (favourite player in this draft). Then go get Ed Reynolds for S in the third. If no one is there though i really wouldnt be against a trade down.

Are people happy or unhappy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Are people happy or unhappy?

there's not much to be excited about. Seems like we skipped on some of our more immediate needs to either add depth or prepare for next year (WR).

who knows though, maybe some of these guys will turn out to be special players. impossible to judge yet.

McG wrote: »
    there's not much to be excited about. Seems like we skipped on some of our more immediate needs to either add depth or prepare for next year (WR).

who knows though, maybe some of these guys will turn out to be special players. impossible to judge yet.

No safety was a disappointment but I'm not really sure what was left when we picked in the second! I like the Moncrief pick I have to say!

I'd say we currently have the worst safety starting pair in the NFL with absolutely no depth so something will have to be done there before the start of the season!

Wow, Mathis banned for 4 games for a fertility drug it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Wow, Mathis banned for 4 games for a fertility drug it seems!

If true I'm pretty disappointed by this from the NFL. Mathis is genuinely a good guy and no way would he knowingly take any performance enhancing/illegal substance IMO.

• Advertisement

Shiiiiittttttt

HigginsJ wrote: »
    If true I'm pretty disappointed by this from the NFL. Mathis is genuinely a good guy and no way would he knowingly take any performance enhancing/illegal substance IMO.
    Have to say where I'd like to agree with that he should have informed the NFL & NFLPA association first!

pretty devastating, hopefully can manage 2-2 without him, werner is gonna have to step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Sunday September 7 at Denver Broncos

Monday September 15 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Sunday September 21 at Jacksonville Jaguars

Sunday September 28 TENNESSEE TITANS

Without Mathis I'd find it hard to see beyond an 0-2 start. God knows what the Jags or Titans will looks like this year but as divisional games those two are key. I like this new Colts team so hopefully they will surprise me. If the run game is better than last year, and Nicks is interested in playing football they could surprise me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Locker is happy!

At the very best what Mathis did was ridiculously stupid!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yeah read the story... seems a bit odd tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

HigginsJ wrote: »

Clomid is a PED and on the NFL's restricted list.

Whether he knew or not Mathis played last year with a performance enhancing drug in his system and the league are right to punish him accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Have to say where I'd like to agree with that he should have informed the NFL & NFLPA association first!

That's a fair point

• Advertisement

Anyone look at our UDFAs? Lucious Purefoy (incorrect spelling) looks pretty interesting! Makes a lot of big plays, but I'm not sure on his coverage skills and has a lot of off the field issues!

Advertisement