Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yeah, so this doesn't help any arguments for justifying the Richardson trade:
    Trent Richardson's postseason numbers: 4 carries, 1 yard, 1 fumble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Hwy dudes really thought at one point you guys were going to stick it to us. Cracking future ahead though with Luck at the helm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Dynamo Roller

They need weapons for Luck badly, although this draft wont fix that. Better off to grab the surplus of CB gems out there and not reach for sub par WR.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Hard luck tonight lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

They need weapons for Luck badly, although this draft wont fix that. Better off to grab the surplus of CB gems out there and not reach for sub par WR.

Allen/Fleener are a TE duo with huge potential, especially with Fleener emerging this year. TY Hilton is spectacular. Reggie Wayne will be back next year. Brazil showed plenty down the stretch. Don't really see this glaring need for weapons. To be honest it'd be a waste to go crazy in those positions and bury players with potential under others.

Ballard and maybe even Bradshaw will be back at RB too so Luck is pretty spoilt. Cam and other young QBs have had to do more with less than Luck has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Due to a ridiculous day yesterday I didn't see the game!! I'll have to try to catch up during the week!! Over 40 points allowed for the second week in a row but I'm presuming some were on pretty short fields!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Due to a ridiculous day yesterday I didn't see the game!! I'll have to try to catch up during the week!! Over 40 points allowed for the second week in a row but I'm presuming some were on pretty short fields!

watch up to the middle of the third quarter, after that is very harsh watching imo. defense exposed again but got a very bad no call against us when we were rallying, but thoroughly deserved win for the Pats, run game was awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

My daughter woke literally seconds after Lucks second TD pass. I paused Gamepass but after Blounts 73 yarder I peeked. I was crushed. Genuinely felt we were gonna win from there.

Anyone feel Landry is much ado about nothing. He's awful on coverage but since his return he's been missing tackles galore -- his one job.

I also worry about Luck. When the pressure is on he can be amazing, but he seems to be very mistake prone too. Hopefully its just a bad run, but he almost doubled his pick total for tbe season in two games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I wouldn't worry about luck really, he just needs more pieces around him like he spoke about during the week. Wayne was a big loss and a genuine running game would be huge for them as well

Offence of Luck, Ballard, Brawshaw, Richardson, Brown, Fleener, Allen, Wayne, Hilton, Brazil/Whalen/Rogers and maybe Maclin with a decent line would be a top 10 offence imo. Get Maclin, a centre and a guard and sign up all the above and thats a brilliant offence.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Offence of Luck, Ballard, Brawshaw, Richardson, Brown, Fleener, Allen, Wayne, Hilton, Brazil/Whalen/Rogers and maybe Maclin with a decent line would be a top 10 offence imo. Get Maclin, a centre and a guard and sign up all the above and thats a brilliant offence.

We're going to keep Brown or Bradshaw. Not both. More chance of letting both go than keeping both. I'd prefer Bradshaw, but he's similar to Richardson, which ends that.

Oh Jesus, why did we sign Richardson??? :(

adrian522 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about luck really, he just needs more pieces around him like he spoke about during the week. Wayne was a big loss and a genuine running game would be huge for them as well

Yeah, I guess I'm just being Captain Downer. He can make plays that only the absolute greats can make. But he's a sophomore, so the mistakes will happen. Especially against the big boys. He'll learn. Cheers man. It's real cry-on-the-shoulder stuff when a non fan comes in to cheer us up. Lol :pac:

It's a disgrace that he wasn't invited by the NFL, but fair play to Irsay for giving the mayor of East Rutherford tickets.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/01/30/east-rutherford-mayor-gets-super-bowl-invite-from-indianapolis-colts-owner/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Marvin Harrison not in first ballot, a joke imo.

spiralism wrote: »
    Marvin Harrison not in first ballot, a joke imo.

Its a ****ing disgrace. The award is a joke for receivers. How can a guy who is statistically 2ndror 3rd in moat career records not be a Hof'er. It makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

davyjose wrote: »
    It's a disgrace that he wasn't invited by the NFL, but fair play to Irsay for giving the mayor of East Rutherford tickets.

A classy move by Irsay to do that. It doesn't reflect well on the Giants or the Jets though, when you consider they are in his neighborhood and offered nothing.

Week5WayneRoutea.gif

Kyle Rodriguez is another to follow on twitter (colts authority Kyle)

He's the one making the gifs!

Another example of Reggie's awesomeness against arguably the best CB in the league! I remember seeing this at the time and thinking that was a great move!

Sherman is currently the best CB in the league! This is what Reggie's does to the best CB in the league!

Such a loss it's unbelievable!

Love Reggie, getting his jersey this week. Cant wait to see him back next year

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hells Kitchen

Big off-season coming up for the Colts. A few good free agent pick-ups and a solid draft and this team won't be far off. They have plenty of cap space so should be able to fill a few holes. The O-line needs 2 new starters. Satele or McGlynn should have played their last snaps for the colts. Defence is where most of the money should be spent. There's a high possibility that Bethea will want too much money and won't be back. We'd also save 4 mill by cutting Toler who is always injured. Even if Toler is kept I can see them drafting a corner early in the draft as Toler is too unreliable. A run stuffing middle linebacker to partner Freeman is needed too as was evident in the Pats game. Going to be fascinating to see how the front office builds the team going forward.

Big off-season coming up for the Colts. A few good free agent pick-ups and a solid draft and this team won't be far off. They have plenty of cap space so should be able to fill a few holes. The O-line needs 2 new starters. Satele or McGlynn should have played their last snaps for the colts. Defence is where most of the money should be spent. There's a high possibility that Bethea will want too much money and won't be back. We'd also save 4 mill by cutting Toler who is always injured. Even if Toler is kept I can see them drafting a corner early in the draft as Toler is too unreliable. A run stuffing middle linebacker to partner Freeman is needed too as was evident in the Pats game. Going to be fascinating to see how the front office builds the team going forward.

this is spot on. Dont think we will sign any big names, may be like last year where we sign a few goods players and not cause any cap problems in the future. Two line men and a receiver if im really greedy and this O is fine. D needs a lot of money and would spend the majority of our already slim draft picks at this position.

• Advertisement

Would love to get an offseason something like this

Cut
    Samson Satele ( saves $4 million towards cap)

Total Cap available $38 million

Resign
    Vontae Davis CB 5yr. 37.5 Mil- 7.5/yr
    Pat MacAfee P 4yr. 11 Mil- 2.25/yr.
    Adam Vaniterri K 1 yr. 2.2mil- 2.2/yr.
    Sergio Brown S 4yr. 4.8 Mil- 1.2/yr.
    Josh Gordy 1yr. 800k- 800k/yr.
    Ahmad Bradshaw 3yr, 10 mil - 3.3/yr.

Cap available after resignings: Approx: $20.5 million
    Free Agency
    Brian De Le Puente C 3yr. 15.5 Mil- 5.5/yr.
    Donald Butler ILB 5yr. 27.5 Mil- 5.5/yr.
    Jon Asamoah G 4 years 12 Mil - 3/yr.
    Cedric Thornton DT 1 year 1 million

$5.5 million left over for the draft
    2. Jarvis Landry WR
    3. Stanley Jean Baptiste CB
    5. Kenny Ladler S
    6. Deandre Coleman DT
    7. Chris Watt OG
    7. Tyler Gaffney RB

Think that would give us the best balanced team with a great chance of winning a SB, may have under spent on some signings however!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hells Kitchen

Would love to get an offseason something like this

Cut
    Samson Satele ( saves $4 million towards cap)

Total Cap available $38 million

Resign
    Vontae Davis CB 5yr. 37.5 Mil- 7.5/yr
    Pat MacAfee P 4yr. 11 Mil- 2.25/yr.
    Adam Vaniterri K 1 yr. 2.2mil- 2.2/yr.
    Sergio Brown S 4yr. 4.8 Mil- 1.2/yr.
    Josh Gordy 1yr. 800k- 800k/yr.
    Ahmad Bradshaw 3yr, 10 mil - 3.3/yr.

Cap available after resignings: Approx: $20.5 million
    Free Agency
    Brian De Le Puente C 3yr. 15.5 Mil- 5.5/yr.
    Donald Butler ILB 5yr. 27.5 Mil- 5.5/yr.
    Jon Asamoah G 4 years 12 Mil - 3/yr.
    Cedric Thornton DT 1 year 1 million

$5.5 million left over for the draft
    2. Jarvis Landry WR
    3. Stanley Jean Baptiste CB
    5. Kenny Ladler S
    6. Deandre Coleman DT
    7. Chris Watt OG
    7. Tyler Gaffney RB

Think that would give us the best balanced team with a great chance of winning a SB, may have under spent on some signings however!

Looks good. Couple of things I'd do different. I think the chances of Bradshaw getting resigned are pretty slim and if he does it'll be a one year deal similar to this year. The guy just can't stay healthy. Also can't really see us going WR high in the draft. With Reggie and Allen coming back I think we're good to go on offence. I'd spend that high pick on a quality defensive lineman. If Bethea was to be let go I think he'd have to be replaced with a quality free agent or high draft pick. Love those free agent pick-ups though. I'd be a very happy man if we got even a couple of those guys.

Looks good. Couple of things I'd do different. I think the chances of Bradshaw getting resigned are pretty slim and if he does it'll be a one year deal similar to this year. The guy just can't stay healthy. Also can't really see us going WR high in the draft. With Reggie and Allen coming back I think we're good to go on offence. I'd spend that high pick on a quality defensive lineman. If Bethea was to be let go I think he'd have to be replaced with a quality free agent or high draft pick. Love those free agent pick-ups though. I'd be a very happy man if we got even a couple of those guys.

Agreed i was being greedy about the receiver, just want Luck to have as many weapons as possible. Bradshaw probably will be gone, just will suck to lose him and brown with the way trent is struggling and Ballard coming back off a serious injury. Would love to somehow get Byrd but absolutely no chance! really want Baptiste in the draft though.

So.....who's in favour of re-signing Vontae?
    Personally I think when he's at his best he's up there in the second tier of cornerbacks (behind Sherman and Revis!). However he has plays, series, quarters and games where he looks almost disinterested and lacking in concentration! If we get him at a good price then I'm in favour of bringing him back, but he's replaceable IMO!

Personally I think when he's at his best he's up there in the second tier of cornerbacks (behind Sherman and Revis!). However he has plays, series, quarters and games where he looks almost disinterested and lacking in concentration! If we get him at a good price then I'm in favour of bringing him back, but he's replaceable IMO!

I definitely think we should bring him back. Going to be tough to replace him if he walks and he has so much upside. Worryingly though Grimes is after getting 8 million per year so Davis will want maybe 9? definitely not worth that but suppose we overpaid for a lot of average players last year so might as well overpay for one of our best this year. Doesnt look like we are going to tag anyone it seems.

I definitely think we should bring him back. Going to be tough to replace him if he walks and he has so much upside. Worryingly though Grimes is after getting 8 million per year so Davis will want maybe 9? definitely not worth that but suppose we overpaid for a lot of average players last year so might as well overpay for one of our best this year. Doesnt look like we are going to tag anyone it seems.

Nah! I'd say the want to get a long term deal done with Davis! McAfee was the only other alternative but I'd say they'll give him a deal too! Don't think there's be that many suitors outside the Colts for McAfee! He's a cult hero around Indy so it's best for all concerned if he gets one!

What do you think of the Decker talk? He's a good WR no doubt but someone is gonna overpay for him IMO!

Nah! I'd say the want to get a long term deal done with Davis! McAfee was the only other alternative but I'd say they'll give him a deal too! Don't think there's be that many suitors outside the Colts for McAfee! He's a cult hero around Indy so it's best for all concerned if he gets one!

What do you think of the Decker talk? He's a good WR no doubt but someone is gonna overpay for him IMO!

Ya McAfee is a hero but if he is demanding too much I wouldnt be against letting him go and drafting a cheaper replacement. Top 5 punter and a fan favourite though so hopefully they can go to some sort of agreement.

I'm really mixed. If we get all our other needs fixed i wouldnt be against it. Can never have enough weapons and do think we need another receiver. He is going to clean some team out though for #1 money and could see that being us, what about yourself?

Ya McAfee is a hero but if he is demanding too much I wouldnt be against letting him go and drafting a cheaper replacement. Top 5 punter and a fan favourite though so hopefully they can go to some sort of agreement.

I'm really mixed. If we get all our other needs fixed i wouldnt be against it. Can never have enough weapons and do think we need another receiver. He is going to clean some team out though for #1 money and could see that being us, what about yourself?

If we put him out there with Reggie (I think he comes back!!) and TY then he's gonna catch a lot of balls! But as you say he's gonna want WR1 money, and I just don't think he's worth it! We still have a lot of holes and spending a lot of money on Decker isn't gonna solve that! We still need WR help though!

If we put him out there with Reggie (I think he comes back!!) and TY then he's gonna catch a lot of balls! But as you say he's gonna want WR1 money, and I just don't think he's worth it! We still have a lot of holes and spending a lot of money on Decker isn't gonna solve that! We still need WR help though!

Definitely think if we fix up both lines during Free Agency and maybe grab a S, we could draft a WR in the second round, so much depth this year. Then grab an ILB in the 3rd and go BPA after that, so many holes to fill though.

• Advertisement

Davis is an absolute must. We won't be able to replace him this season anyway, and our DB's are thin on the ground. Bethea is declining, Landry was a huge disappointment, Toler is looking very average and Butler... just No.

Advertisement