Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

davyjose wrote: »
    Davis is an absolute must. We won't be able to replace him this season anyway, and our DB's are thin on the ground. Bethea is declining, Landry was a huge disappointment, Toler is looking very average and Butler... just No.

Bethea won't be back! Anyway he's too similar to Landry IMO (though I think I'd prefer Bethea) and as Landry has money tied up in him then he won't be going anywhere! We need a FS that can cover the field....aka Earl Thomas! In FA that means Byrd, as correct me if I'm wrong but TJ Ward is more of a run stopping safety!? The other option is looking at one in the draft but would there be a starting quality FS at the bottom of the 2nd round? (Haven't been paying attention so don't know to be honest!) Howell showed some potential but again he was used against the run mostly and he's not a starter right now!

Toler is a walking injury!! He could be solid but even when he's playing he's injured!

Davis won't leave unless he's looking for ridiculous money (really ridiculous money!!)! However he'd want to get the finger out IMO!

Butler is solid as a nickel corner!

You never mentioned Josh Gordy?? ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Patty Mac signed for the next 5 years, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Deserved!!

Happy for Pat! May not be the best punter in the league but you can never fault his commitment (on and off the field), seems to be a popular guy around the team, and is loved by the local community!!

Watching him on NFL AM, he is an absolute hero :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

hopefully he can avoid the canal if he goes out to celebrate his new contract!

Talks with Davis not going well, would be an awful loss if we lose him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Happy for Pat! May not be the best punter in the league but you can never fault his commitment (on and off the field), seems to be a popular guy around the team, and is loved by the local community!!

He's definitely getting there. He's got a good five years on some of the better Punters in the league. And his I20's are vastly improved on a couple of years ago.

He's definitely getting there. He's got a good five years on some of the better Punters in the league. And his I20's are vastly improved on a couple of years ago.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I think he's great! As far as I know he completely changed his punting style from college to he pros too?? His I20's are the best part of his game IMO after of course the big hits!!! ;)

Stephen Holder ‏@HolderStephen 10s
    I have good reason to believe NT is a position the #Colts are looking at right now. Unclear which specific players, but it's on wish list

Finally some news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

BiTPJEQCUAASBHn.jpg

Right, I'd prefer if we use the money on Byrd rather than Davis, and then sign a cheaper CB!

Right, I'd prefer if we use the money on Byrd rather than Davis, and then sign a cheaper CB!

I'm 100% with you on that. Davis supposedly wants $10 million per year, Byrd wants 8 to 9 per year. Ill tell you something though, if we have none of them in our secondary at this time tomorrow we are in big trouble.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I'm 100% with you on that. Davis supposedly wants $10 million per year, Byrd wants 8 to 9 per year. Ill tell you something though, if we have none of them in our secondary at this time tomorrow we are in big trouble.

Who needs a secondary when you have to stop the run??

Who needs a secondary when you have to stop the run??

Stopping the run and running the football the main tactics of the team when we have andrew luck, brilliant!

Thing is on Davis though is that he was left out there against the oppositions no.1 receiver, with Bethea/Landry covering deep! Neither are exactly what you would call free safety's! Interesting to see would he give up as much yards/td's with a true FS (Thomas, Bryd etc) behind him!

Stole this from twitter

Delighted we picked up Bradshaw for another year. The guy will run through hell for us with that kind of loyalty. Davis we got for $10m a year. As expected really.
    Gutted to see Bethea go. Very few of the old guard left. We need a very solid FS now. Its critical to keep Landry focussed on the running game.

Delighted with today too, Grigson earning his money today. Hate saying this but its for the best Bethea went, we need someone good in coverage. Clemons would be a good signing imo. Then add a centre and cheap guard before the draft.

If the colts don't have a top 5 defence next year then someone is getting the bullet!

• Advertisement

A bunch of Colt players just followed Steve Smith on twitter. Anything in it? Maybe not but that's how I found out about the DQ Jackson signing.

Would you take him? was expecting us to at least make one move today so boring waiting around for news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

A bunch of Colt players just followed Steve Smith on twitter. Anything in it? Maybe not but that's how I found out about the DQ Jackson signing.

That's gas! Wonder how many reporters are stalking players on social media and trying to figure moves out this way :D

Would you take him? was expecting us to at least make one move today so boring waiting around for news

For the right price a one year deal would be worth a shot. Imagine Luck with two All-pro veterans.
    It is gas though. Every little thing causes speculation.

For the right price obviously Smith would be a great addition! Again our young receivers have so much potential (Hilton, Allen, Fleener, Brazill, Rogers & Whalen) but none really have that hard nosed aggression that Smith would!

Hakeem Nicks visiting tomorrow now that would be a great signing, should be cheap too. Centre Phil Costa also brought in, doesnt seem to be rated very highly though.

Wilfork asking for release from Pats, per Rapoport. Yes please... will have him.

Hakeem Nicks visiting tomorrow now that would be a great signing, should be cheap too. Centre Phil Costa also brought in, doesnt seem to be rated very highly though.

Nicks would give us a phenomenal receiving corps. Best in the league.

Wilfork asking for release from Pats, per Rapoport. Yes please... will have him.

Oh yes please!!

• Advertisement

Costa has been signed. Starting to think Luck slept with Grigson's wife, or something.

Advertisement