Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

davyjose wrote: »
    Costa has been signed. Starting to think Luck slept with Grigson's wife, or something.

I don't know what you're talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Agreement with Nicks reached, via Schefter per source!

Happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Craig Dowling

boom!!!!
    delighted with that one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

boom!!!!
    delighted with that one

We are a centre away from having a top 5 offence now imo if not better.

DHB won't be back so :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

BOOOOOMMM!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

I set you colts fans a challenge. Find pat mcafee and his new massive wallet.
    Here's a video of him driving in Dublin yesterday

Tweet from Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) - It's like how a toilet flushes in Australia... Backwards #Ireland #Ello https://vine.co/v/MbIFE2hIV0z

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/444515429781098497

Shared via Plume
    http://bit.ly/GetPlume

Raf32 wrote: »

Let's not forget our best TE comes back this year too!

In fairness more good than bad this year from Grigson, unlike last year!

And a guard

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hells Kitchen

Really like the moves made so far. There's still a big hole at free safety that needs to be filled unless they think Howell is a starter. They still have something like 17mill in cap space to play with so there should be a couple more guys brought in. The centre position is interesting. The fact that none of us know what they think of Khaled Holmes makes predicting the future rather difficult. The guy missed the entire training camp last year so there was no way he was going to start last year especially at a position where you have to call protection and build some chemistry with the QB. It's reasonable to assume that they decided to go with Satele for his experience last year and let Holmes develop for the year and take over this year. Of course they could also think that he's a complete bust. Should be interesting to see the next move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Irsay seems to have enjoyed St Patricks weekend a little to much

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Irsay seems to have enjoyed St Patricks weekend a little to much

Just spotted his mugshot and it looks like you're right......

9477_Irsay_1.jpg

Wonder did he bump into Rob Ryan!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,690 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Wonder did he bump into Rob Ryan!

Love that picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Love that picture.

Cheers and all I can say is thank God for Photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Irsay should have been arrested for substance abuse the night he traded a 1st for Trent Richardson anyway, so no surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Gringson makes the trades!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

How worried are Colts fans about this situation? I think they could be in for some severe penalties. I can't see how Goodell/the NFL ownership can avoid dishing out pretty severe discipline without seriously damaging the brand.

edit: with Haslams' (sp.) ongoing problems too owners are drawing a lot of unwanted negative attention to the NFL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Tristram wrote: »
    How worried are Colts fans about this situation? I think they could be in for some severe penalties. I can't see how Goodell/the NFL ownership can avoid dishing out pretty severe discipline without seriously damaging the brand.

edit: with Haslams' (sp.) ongoing problems too owners are drawing a lot of unwanted negative attention to the NFL

Not worried at all. The organisation didn't do anything wrong here, Irsay did. Maybe he's not allowed to enter the stadium on a game day or something like that but there won't be any penalties that hurt the actual team.

Tristram wrote: »

Can't see there being any repercussions for the Colts!

Hopefully Irsay can get the help he needs as he's battled with addictions for a long time!

• Advertisement

His daughter will take over ownership duties (signing cheques, owners meetings, etc.) Irsay might get a ban but he'll likely miss the season anyway.

Can't see any football related penalties given. That would be harsh and unprecedented.

The franchise reputation might have taken a dent but this Colts have a knack for playing with a chip on their shoulder.

I guess it remains to be seen though.

Reading some quotes from Grigsons press conference on twitter! Christ I don't think I've ever seen so many ****ing cliches in such a short space of time!

Reading some quotes from Grigsons press conference on twitter! Christ I don't think I've ever seen so many ****ing cliches in such a short space of time!

Yup he manages to say loads without saying nothing. Seems like we are done with FA until after the draft which is a huge mistake imo. Still short a starting Centre and Safety. And we need depth at G,CB,NT,OLB and maybe ILB.

Yup he manages to say loads without saying nothing. Seems like we are done with FA until after the draft which is a huge mistake imo. Still short a starting Centre and Safety. And we need depth at G,CB,NT,OLB and maybe ILB.

I think I'm correct is saying the transition tag deadline is the 22nd of July? If so I wonder do we offer Mack (presuming he hasn't signed it) a deal on the 21st which gives the Browns the least amount of time to match the contract! Sneaky enough!

I think I'm correct is saying the transition tag deadline is the 22nd of July? If so I wonder do we offer Mack (presuming he hasn't signed it) a deal on the 21st which gives the Browns the least amount of time to match the contract! Sneaky enough!

That would be savage but if we got that far without a C i would be freaking out :pac:

That would be savage but if we got that far without a C i would be freaking out :pac:

Very possible thats why we got Costa.

Maybe the Browns' fax machine will break.

davyjose wrote: »
    Very possible thats why we got Costa.

Maybe the Browns' fax machine will break.

Who is the starter between him and holmes do you think?

Who is the starter between him and holmes do you think?

Hopefully this is a sign that the FO trust Holmes now. If Costa starts then I'd say Holmes is junk.

Very emotional interview from Chuck about Irsay there. Chuck is so likable.

• Advertisement

Right so around this time last year I have my thoughts on our rookie class and how they had done! I might do something similar on this years one (though that wouldn't take long!) so instead I'll start with our notable free agents from last year!

I'll be talking about need (though in fairness we had needs everywhere bar QB and special teams), contract, alternative players who were available and performance!

On the contract side you'll have to forgive me if I get some things wrong as these tend to be fairly fekking complicated!!

I'm gonna start on offence and Godser Cherilius!

Need:
    Huge! Two words: Winston Justice

Contract: $35 million over 5 years with $15 guaranteed! This makes him the highest paid RT in the league! Most notable is that years 4 & 5 are worth nearly $10 million each! He won't be getting that from the Colts no matter what happens!

Alternative Options:
    Andre Smith re-signed with the Bengals for $18mill over 3 years with $5mill guaranteed! Undoubtedly there were other options too!

Performance:
    Better than average IMO! The interior of the line was our real weakness! He was consistent and dependable....everything you need in a RT really!

Overall:
    Although he is the highest paid RT in the league he certainly isn't the best! Nor is in he in the top few! I won't claim to know much about RT play, nor how good other RTs in the league are but BR ranked him at 12 and from what I've read this seems about right!
    However I like this signing! Certainly he got paid too much (but you're always going to do this in FA)! More importantly he was a massive upgrade, was consistent throughout the year, provided stability (in comparison to the previous year) and was injury free! He won't see years 4 & 5 of his current contract but for the next two years I'm happy with our RT!

Advertisement