Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will the Muslim world relax?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

huh?

Why can't you summarise the documentary that you posted as a supposed rebuttal of Hirst Ali....?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80771558

"Egyptian Copt at Centre of “The Innocence of Muslims” Is A Fanatical Zionist
    "

love the graph in that thread.
    100 jews.. terrifying stuff
    The Egyptian Copt is a fanatical Zionist. Do you dispute this? Do you also know the difference between a "plot" and an individual?

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

iguana wrote: »
    Hold on a second. You like to pop up here and on any other forum where there is a topic of a secularist nature being discussed and attempt to castigate posters who want to live without religion in their lives for being intolerant. And now you're popping up to advocate the horrific genocide of nearly one quarter of the world's human population because they share a religion? And atheists are the intolerant ones?:confused:
    sure let them kill everyone who doesent agree with them

Nodin wrote: »
    Why can't you summarise the documentary that you posted as a supposed rebuttal of Hirst Ali....?
    I can. I've already told you. It was posted for the benefit of Christmans2012 who seemed propagandised to me by the lies of the Islamophobic atheist Hirshi Ali. I don't want to discuss it because it is not the topic and I've gotten into enough dead end conversations in this forum and wanted to avoid that again, but here I am anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I can. I've already told you. It was posted for the benefit of Christmans2012 who seemed propagandised to me by the lies of the Islamophobic atheist Hirshi Ali. I don't want to discuss it because it is not the topic and I've gotten into enough dead end conversations in this forum and wanted to avoid that again, but here I am anyway.

So you posted a video on an internet forum that you didn't actually want to discuss? Um, I don't suppose you see anything wrong with that? No?

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    So you posted a video on an internet forum that you didn't actually want to discuss? Um, I don't suppose you see anything wrong with that? No?
    Under the circumstances that I've already explained, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

You brought it up to rebutt Ali as a source. Its 40 minutes long. Please summarise its contents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jaysus lads at least give BrownBomber a chance to watch the video first! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

See it's not Islam, or any other specific doctrine that's the problem. It's Authoritarianism. It's absolutist philosophies. It's the concept of "this is how it is. These are the rules... there will be no discussion, there will be no questioning, you're with Us or against Us. Faith is loyalty, obedience is a virtue, individualism is treason, it's not for you to know the mind of 'god'"

Are they my feet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Read Irshad Manji's book The Trouble With Islam Today. Really was an eye-opener for me. Here was a Muslim woman (who is also lesbian and an academic) who wants to retain her faith and also to try and rehabilitate the religion and its image. Well worth a read.

Sadly, she is also now living under so many death threats and fatwas, it is impossible to count. Some for her views, some for her sexuality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i find it very foolish that dawkins and others think this is about religion or want to pretend that is

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

i find it very foolish that dawkins and others think this is about religion or want to pretend that is

Although the reason they're rioting isn't directly caused by religion but rather poverty and lack of education, religion is one of the causes for the poverty and lack of education.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Gbear wrote: »
    Although the reason they're rioting isn't directly caused by religion but rather poverty and lack of education, religion is one of the causes for the poverty and lack of education.

um its bigger then that it money, power, resources.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

No offense, but this never happened and never will happen.

It DID happen,and there was uproar in the arab world about it,they went completely nuts,and asked for beheadings of these moderates some of whom are now living somewhere in the EU and the STATES..

Read Irshad Manji's book The Trouble With Islam Today.

Will have to take a read of it,is it still out in the bookshops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

I see it's spread to Sydney and slogans included "behead all those who insult the Prophet",so nobody is allowed to say anything bad about Mohammad?so Islam can't be criticised at all?. Unlike everyone else who has to take criticism and insult when it comes,Crazy scenes on Sky News,I would have expected Australian Muslims to be a bit more rational due to higher standard of living,more opportunities and more social interaction etc.

How irrational is it blaming an entire nation for the actions of one individua?l,no the entire american/danish nation is responsible and guilty,for the actions of one of it's citizen,which incidentaly believers in freedom of speech believe in their right to do,whether right or wrong. We all ship unjust criticism at times,but Muslims won't.

Freiheit wrote: »
    How irrational is it blaming an entire nation for the actions of one individua?l,no the entire american/danish nation is responsible and guilty,for the actions of one of it's citizen,which incidentaly believers in freedom of speech believe in their right to do,whether right or wrong. We all ship unjust criticism at times,but Muslims won't.

E7TTW.jpg

They're blaming the west because what they're use to is tyranny. They expect the government to steam in a shut people up because they kick up a fuss. The notion of freedom and rights are understandably alien to people who have never experienced either and live in monolithic theocracies.

Btw, do their heads explode if they don't say "praise be upon him"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Has anyone actually watched the film? I searched on YouTube for "Mohammed film" and got an edited 13 minute version of the thing. I think that this is what is causing all the fuss.

The irony is, without the protests and hysteria, I, and many others would never have even heard of it. The muslim reaction has served as the best advertisement for the film possible.

And if you watch it, it is ludicrous. I think it is taking itself seriously, though I can't be sure, if it is it is all the more ludicrous. Terribly acted, zero production values, at times laughable attempts at accents, Mohammed is this stereotypical evil figure, and is portrayed as a womaniser, as homosexual and as a paedophile, all at once. The thing would be hilarious in its awfulness if it wasn't for the fact that people are dying because of it right now in the Muslim world.

It really is difficult to grasp the mindset of someone who gets so inflamed about such a piece of tripe, that has been obviously designed to provoke the exact reaction that it got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

The Muslims are making themselves look like loonies,and while I accept that not all Muslims behave in this manner,It seems that a very large number do. Fundamentalist Christians,who as I said I encountered at a Pride Parade last week,at least are not calling for my execution,they tell us that we are sinners but they are not advocating the death penalty,nor are the Clergy in the face of massive levels of scandal and ridicule,only Muslims call for dissidents to be killed,only Muslims behave in this loonie,ant-logic manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

E7TTW.jpg

They're blaming the west because what they're use to is tyranny. They expect the government to steam in a shut people up because they kick up a fuss. The notion of freedom and rights are understandably alien to people who have never experienced either and live in monolithic theocracies.

Btw, do their heads explode if they don't say "praise be upon him"?

Oh the guy on the right is going to hell, or about to lose to head, or both.
    I mean, how dare he put pbuh in parenthesis, as if an afterthought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

And the one on the left is wearing a pink shirt. Clearly a flaming homo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jaysus, Muslims can't even agree amongst themselves which spelling of Muhammed to use. Or are they both referring to different Muhammeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

"Freedom of speech [does not equal] insulting the prophet Mohammed"?

I always get an angry little twitch when I see someone take it on themselves to decide what counts as free speech. You often hear conservatives refer to someone's "abuse" of free speech, as if to say that you are allowed to say certain thing, except the ones I disagree with - that would be abuse.

*slap*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Freiheit wrote: »
    The Muslims are making themselves look like loonies,and while I accept that not all Muslims behave in this manner,It seems that a very large number do. Fundamentalist Christians,who as I said I encountered at a Pride Parade last week,at least are not calling for my execution,they tell us that we are sinners but they are not advocating the death penalty,nor are the Clergy in the face of massive levels of scandal and ridicule,only Muslims call for dissidents to be killed,only Muslims behave in this loonie,ant-logic manner.

Not Fred Phelps, then. Him and his Christian chums would love to see the likes of you and me dead.

Valid points you have made so far,if someone were to film something offensive about my god,i honestly wouldnt be screaming hysterically for the death penalty or getting involved in mob lynching and murderous riots..

I dont think the muslim world will ever relax,i think it has a long way to go,probably 500 years or more,there have been ''moderates'' that have sought to change their holy book the quaran,but there were scholars and imams calling for death to those who attempt this.

thugs-and-killers-dont-represent-benghazi-nor-islam.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

In your rush to get offended did you fail to read what I wrote properly?

Christians don't storm embassies.
    In General means that they have a general tendency to act like more of a bunch of *****.

Why that happens is a separate issue. It is not up for the debate that Muslims generally act the bollox more than most other people.

That is not the same as saying "all muslims are evil" or even "all muslims are worse people".
    IN GENERAL!

Words are important.

You justify a crass generalization about over a billion people with such a fundamentalist claim as "it's not up for debate" while simultaneously offering nothing whatsoever to justify yourself instead taking the time to respond to arguments I never made & do all this after claiming that this billion people are "not rational people" - all without a hint of irony, fantastic.. I'm being unfair, you didn't generalize about over a billion people you just generalized about whatever amount of over a billion people the words "in general" signify. Maybe only half a billion people, that makes it so much better & entirely more rational...

Also, it certainly wasn't British Christians who only a few weeks ago were reminding Ecuador of their rights to storm their embassy, it was the Mooslems obviously...

pontia wrote: »
    who cares when they relax,we can relax when the mushroom cloud reaches the 5 mile mark and we dont have to worry about these psychos anymore

What, is there some sort of island where all Muslims hang out, or something?

Views like yours sound suspiciously... psycho :eek:

Ive seen it down through the years,muslims lynching foreginers,based on ignorance and hatred from their book.Anything to do with mohammed and out come the knives..

They need to relax and take of the hate tinted glasses for once and see that were not the enemy..

Where have you seen it? A cursory glance at your posts on any topic reveals that you claim quite a bit without being able to back up your scaremongering or promoting falsehoods...

No im not muslim,so im not surrounded by muslim friends,colleages and neighbours,i dont live in a muslim neighbourhood.But i have met muslims,and one had tried to convert me to their faith,but to no avail.

Brilliant. Just brilliant. I've just realised your banned, which saddens me - as your contributions crack me up like no other :D

My neighbours are Japanese, Chinese, Polish, Afghan, French, Ghanian, Rwandan, Irish, English, Persian. Some of them are Muslim. None of them have tried to convert me and oddly we live in the same street. None of my Muslim friends or colleagues have, either...

But hey, you've met one Muslim, so I guess that validates everything you've said on this thread :rolleyes:

old hippy wrote: »
    Not Fred Phelps, then. Him and his Christian chums would love to see the likes of you and me dead.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't actually killed anyone though.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure he hasn't actually killed anyone though.

He's an extremist and a promoter of hatred. He is not representative of all Christianity. Just like the extremists who are kicking off abroad are not representative of all Islam.

Advertisement