Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Messing" Forum off topic thread

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

RedB wrote: »
    I think I deliberately blanked that from my memory.

Though I will never forget that look of shock and awe on your face during the race briefing. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

So, went to the club swim tonight. We use three lanes in the pool and there are usually two lanes set up when we get there. A slow lane and a fast lane. Slow lane go anti-clockwise, fast lane go clockwise.

There were two people in the fast lane, which is where I swim at our sessions. One was going up and down the right of the lane ( a woman ), the second ( a guy ) was going up and down the left. When he saw me standing on the deck, he took himself out of the lane.

Thought it was a bit odd yer one was going up and down one side. It's clearly marked as both the fast lane and clockwise.

I was a bit early, so in I got. I swam up the left and down the right. As you do. I thought that maybe, just maybe, she'd go the right way when someone else go in who was going the right way. Though, since it was a woman, I knew the chances were, we would crash. So, I kept swimming.

Of course, we crashed. Went to swim around her then but yer one starts ROARING at me in the middle of the pool. No joke. I should have seen her and shouldn't have swam into her apparantly.
    ''You're meant to swim clockwise''
    She came back with some ****e about how I was in the wrong, should have seen her, shouldn't have swam into her etc etc etc. I told her where to go and swam off.

The chap who'd just got out of that lane was still down at the wall, and one of the guys from the club was on the deck watching all this. So I swam down, stopped and we had a little laugh. She got back down that end of the pool. Stops and tears into me again. SERIOUSLY.

I pointed to the sign, that CLEARLY states what direction you're meant to swim in and looked away from her. The chap that got out of the lane earlier, laughed ''it's only a f*cking swimming pool''

More and more of us got in the pool and she kept swimming up and down. Although now, she was swimming the right way. Then slowed us down on our warm up. Then got kicked out of the lane.

She was doing decent tumble turns, so I assume she was an experienced enough swimmer. WTF like? I assume she bullied him to one side of the pool and then tried to bully me to do the same. Get t'f*ck you silly cow.

Was dreading swimming tonight so this really brightened up my evening. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Forgot about the messing thread. Ah well mischief done elsewhere today ;)

PS RQ, is it not normal pool etiquette to swim split lanes with 2 and to circle with 3 or more?

*another pot stirred :)

AKW wrote: »

PS RQ, is it not normal pool etiquette to swim split lanes with 2 and to circle with 3 or more?

*another pot stirred :)

Not anywhere I've ever swam? plenty of people on the deck anyway waiting to get in!

edit: I had to google that and the internet specifies that you only split the lane if both parties have specifially agreed to it, otherwise assume circle swimming. Have never seen anyone going up and down the same side before!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I remember being dumbstruck the first time (only a year or two ago!) I saw people swimming up and down one side of the lane instead of circling. It goes against my every grain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Those people only encourage me to do a kick set and practise tumble turns :D

Dory Dory wrote: »
    I remember being dumbstruck the first time (only a year or two ago!) I saw people swimming up and down one side of the lane instead of circling. It goes against my every grain.

Well if you've never heard of it, I'll go with me being right! ;)
    I doubt she was doing it for any other reason than to be aggressive, I'd say if I took the left and clipped her she'd still have been aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Well if you've never heard of it, I'll go with me being right! ;)
    I doubt she was doing it for any other reason than to be aggressive, I'd say if I took the left and clipped her she'd still have been aggressive.

As far as I'm concerned, you're right. Trust me, no respectable fish worth his or her gills and fins would be caught belly up swimming that way!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

going to leave this here. new swimming aid, guaranteed to add 30% to your swim speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFKv-qwPFk

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Bumping this with my new discovery on how to nail the swim if the bike is your best discipline....
    1409741610291_wps_30_Cycling_fanatics_will_be_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

All I want for Christmas is for Google to haul ass and develop an update to fix the android 5.0 lollipop :mad:

Worst. Update. Ever

All I want for Christmas is for Google to haul ass and develop an update to fix the android 5.0 lollipop :mad:

Worst. Update. Ever

Me too.
    The sooner they fix this the sooner Polar can hook up with the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

AKW wrote: »
    Me too.
    The sooner they fix this the sooner Polar can hook up with the phone.

Eh no Sean. Nothing wrong with blue tooth stack on KitKat.

Everyone else can manage it....

tunney wrote: »
    Eh no Sean. Nothing wrong with blue tooth stack on KitKat.

Everyone else can manage it....

WAAAAAA!!!! You just ruined Christmas for me!!! :(:(

Advertisement