Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Messing" Forum off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

My face hurts after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Once a Runner - I'd recommend. Nice prose, unlike many of the childlike writing in most running/ sporty books. A few good belly laughs and just a plain good read.

Next up for me
    Touching Distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Went to see The Hobbit (no i was not staring in it) with my two boys yesterday. I would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

(no i was not staring in it) .

Did you get a say in who played the role in your life story?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭griffin100

Ah yes, 3 hours and a bottle of malbec later the 3 kiddy bikes are finally finished, and I'm proud to say with no spare parts left over :) It wouldn't be Christmas eve without some sort of a mild panic !!!!!!

Happy Christmas all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

I did not change much more than 7 words to make it more clear about which boardie the slowtwitch author was talking about ;-)

I don't need to say your name but we all know who you are. You have been the topic of endless boards discussions and merely mentioning your name has turned friends against each other and I actually just wished that would all stop. There has been quite a bit of speculation if you will admit to sins of the past in an upcoming thread , but in all reality it really doesn't matter. You abused us a long time, blamed your garmin and cups and threatened some of those who spoke out against you, and I am not sure if the truth you are offering now is the actual truth.

Mostly though I don't want you to return to cycling or triathlon in any shape or form until you lose weight and increase your Ftp . Sure you can run ,swim, bike as you please, but you should not be able to compete in any of these sports.

I don't have a vendetta against you, nor have I had it out for you for years. I also don't wish for you to be strung up, tortured or sent to prison, and I also don't believe that you should no longer be able to go out in public and pursue a hobby and bully people. So go play poker, darts or golf, but in terms of competing in triathlon or cycling or posting You Are Not Welcome Here Anymore until your body fat is below 7% you have been talking about for the lat 5 month.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Opinion/You_Are_Not_Welcome_Here_Anymore_3322.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

peter kern wrote: »

The comments attached to this article are worrying - it looks like come back all is forgiven Lance is prevalent even before his chinwag with Oprah even goes to air.

Why is he doing this interview at all, whats he got to gain, he should take some mentoring from Irish politicians and just brazen it out until the heat goes away - surely its not so he can compete in Ironmans - I would have to think he will get at least a year or two ban anyways. Can he really be competitive at 44-45, I suppose he can! Rumours are his swimming is flying

catweazle wrote: »
    Rumours are his swimming is flying
    Jesus, what is he taking to do that? Red bull??

• Advertisement

is dave s swimming flying ;-)? I am glad to hear

Interview with our very own LCD.

http://beyondgoinglong.co.uk/?p=2355

peter kern wrote: »

DeVinci bike gets my vote

DeVinci bike gets my vote

I wonder did it sell for asking price ;-)

anyway I ordered myself not to go back to this thread as I get hysterical fits ( the guy on the trek in the windtunnel is just too much for me ;-)

I just want to say, to all you auld romantics out there, that I hope you got your beloved something nice. After all, they put up with you all year, carry you though all the ups and downs, and get very little care and attention in return. So this day, more than any other, its time to show you do care.

Go give your bike a hug, now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

I've just this moment finished an important college assessment that I've been working on for weeks. I've worked late nights on it, right through the weekends, and up at 5am today to finish it and get it in the post before tomorrows due date...

Got my dates mixed up, I now see it's not due for two more weeks. Should I be happy at "gaining" two weeks, or annoyed at "wasting" so much early-morning-and midnight oil?

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    I've just this moment finished an important college assessment that I've been working on for weeks. I've worked late nights on it, right through the weekends, and up at 5am today to finish it and get it in the post before tomorrows due date...

Got my dates mixed up, I now see it's not due for two more weeks. Should I be happy at "gaining" two weeks, or annoyed at "wasting" so much early-morning-and midnight oil?
    I dont care. I hate you for being so good at it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Should I be happy at "gaining" two weeks, or annoyed at "wasting" so much early-morning-and midnight oil?

Be happy at gaining a habit for early rising and use it for extra training!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Gents, I hope this is an ok thread to ask in (I realise it's not off topic!) as I didnt want to start another thread as I am sure it's a question that has been asked many, many times before.

I am just wondering is there a certain kind of bike you need for a duathlon? I got a hybrid bike recently and am hoping that would be ok? Apologies if this is a stupid question but this is the first year I have considering a duathlon (I only started running last year) so it's all new to me.

Also, would the appropriate bike change depending on where a duathlon is held? I am originally from Roscommon so was considering entering the Boyle duathlon held in Lough Key Forest Park but my concern is that, because it's in the park, the terrain might be more suited to a mountain bike?

Thanks

• Advertisement

A hybrid will be fine - no problems there!

Check the course route, if its the same as what the triathlon course is/was, its just a small bit in the forest to get out of transition and then its road all the way. A road bike would be preferable but you will see others with hybrid and mountain bikes also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I go out for a lunchtime jog (my god its baltic out) and someone lets in some clown wanting to know about Visas to the US. Can't leave you lot alone for two minutes... :D

BTH wrote: »
    I go out for a lunchtime jog (my god its baltic out) and someone lets in some clown wanting to know about Visas to the US. Can't leave you lot alone for two minutes... :D

What about the blatant advertising for the Dingle Adventure Race - please tell me he sent you a bottle of perfume for the missus to allow that thread to stand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

What about the blatant advertising for the Dingle Adventure Race - please tell me he sent you a bottle of perfume for the missus to allow that thread to stand

God dammit :mad:
    Bloody Revenue Audit this week so I've been a little distracted.

BTH wrote: »
    God dammit :mad:
    Bloody Revenue Audit this week so I've been a little distracted.

You need substitute mods!

Pass the hat to me and I'll make sure everyone else who gives footwear advice gets a lifetime ban.

*probably gets pinged for back seat modding now. :rolleyes:

Missed that thread, was it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Missed that thread, was it any good?

Race Organizer- "Are you a Tough Warrior Hellboy Champion? My AR open, €10000 entry great value. Gold medals for all. Buns €5 each"
    Newbie- Lads could I cycle over Carauntoohill on my fixie?
    Enduro- Thats not an adventure race...

You can fill in the rest;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Cool video of Norseman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

link_2007 wrote: »
    Gents

Us womenfolk not allowed aswer this one :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Us womenfolk not allowed aswer this one :cool:

I do apologise! I feel quite rude now. :o

All replies are very welcome and much appreciated.

Advertisement