Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Messing" Forum off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

griffin100 wrote: »
    Catweazle will be quiet on this forum for a bit!!! Have to be honest and say she does nothing for me. Then again, I'm more of a red hair, curves and pale skin kinda guy

I was expecting Betterthanhoyte in some Womens Own Spread :(

Its strange I would have never had a second glance at a blonde in my single days, always went for brunettes and always found a ginger attractive as well

Nowdays since I married a brunette (and a lovely one at that I might add), blondes have become far more attractive for general perving and I show little interest in brunettes. I suppose its the old grass is greener adage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

catweazle wrote: »
    Its strange I would have never had a second glance at a blonde in my single days, always went for brunettes and always found a ginger attractive as well

Nowdays since I married a brunette (and a lovely one at that I might add), blondes have become far more attractive for general perving and I show little interest in brunettes. I suppose its the old grass is greener adage

These days an admission like that on here would quickly result in a beating. Cheers JB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I was expecting Betterthanhoyte in some Womens Own Spread :(

The curves bit ruled me out! :)

Exclusive footage of Interested's intensive winter bike training regime.

daily_gifdump_232_08.gif?w=300&h=225

Blatantly stolen from elsewhere

I have a feeling this will come back to bite me in the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Is it sad that I'm foregoing a run to watch the final of the Great British Bake off?:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Is it sad that I'm foregoing a run to watch the final of the Great British Bake off?:o

And they made you a mod, hang your head in shame..........then bake me a few buns and drop them down to Laois !

Fecking great programme. Glad you reminded me! How the old dude wins

tunney wrote: »

Fecking great programme. Glad you reminded me! How the old dude wins

Didn't see that coming

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Talking to yourself is the first sign of...

Talking to yourself is the first sign of...

Suggs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

randomn post for the messing thread

Can someone recommend a good coffee machine. Something that i can pick up the refill cartridges handy and cheap enough. Budget about €250 max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

I have an nespresso, order the capsules online and have them delivered.

Can someone recommend a good coffee machine. Something that i can pick up the refill cartridges handy and cheap enough. Budget about €250 max.

I had a nice Gaggia for a while. Grind your own beans, make a nice good espresso. Very tasty excellent coffee. Just as you want it.

I used it twice a month just too much hassle buying beans, keeping them good, grinding them, making the coffee, cleaning up. Glenda never used it either

That died and when I was looking for a replacement I pointed out "a machine that makes a cappuccino with one press of a button and no cleaning up, but its capsules not real coffee". I went to walk onto the gaggias but was dragged back by Glenda. I tried the Nespresso and yes its not as nice as a freshly ground coffee made with love and care but its nice coffee, repeatable, easy to use and no cleaning.

We now drink a huge amount of coffee, enjoy it and now if I want a coffee before heading out for a cycle I can make one without waking the house grinding beans.

Capsules can only be bought in BT or online. However online is free quick delivery if ordering more than 200 capsules (70 euro for 200 coffees).

You can try one next time you are down. (think you've had them already)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Gave up Coffee on Sunday. Wicked Caffeine withdrawal symptoms ongoing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Have one of these, great machine & lovely selection of coffee. Favourites being 'Ristretto' & 'Arpeggio' capsules.
    224786.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

RedB wrote: »
    Gave up Coffee on Sunday. Wicked Caffeine withdrawal symptoms ongoing :(

Just gunna leave this here

coffee_morning1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Ryath

+ 1 on the nespresso much better than average coffee and for convenience and cleaning it can't be beaten. Personally wouldn't go for the dearer machines with the milk frothers. I just have one of the basic ones and have one of these to froth milk.
    http://casadimoka.com/MilkFrother/FraboskFaenza.htm

If I want the real thing with freshly ground coffee I think you can't beat a stove top espresso pot
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Moka-Express-Espresso-Maker/dp/B0000AN3QI/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1350466820&sr=1-2
    Used to use one of these a good bit have an induction hob now though so need to get a new one. Good place to buy these is the Little Italy wholesaler in Smithfield much cheaper than most other places in Ireland. Think I got my milk frother there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Ryath wrote: »
    If I want the real thing with freshly ground coffee I think you can't beat a stove top espresso pot
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Moka-Express-Espresso-Maker/dp/B0000AN3QI/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1350466820&sr=1-2

SOB SOB :( - That's my baby ..............................

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Ryath

RedB wrote: »
    SOB SOB :( - That's my baby ..............................

I feel your pain browsing online now for ones suitable for induction hobs. This thread has made me realise how much I miss it. Nespresso is good but its just not the same. Lucky I have double espresso on tap at work to make up for it. Don't know how anyone who likes coffee gives it up I get a headache after a few hours in the morning if I don't have some.

Stupid coffee lovers. I suppose you all want to stop a good bike spin for a cuppa too? Stupid coffee stops. Oh, there's cake? I'll stop for a water so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 bokmurphy

At least i do not pretend to be 5ft 10 when in reality i am shorter than that. Since when does 5ft 7 be considered small, in fact i suppose logic does not come into it when ripping the piss:) People probably think i am 4ft 6 and you are 20stone by what is said on here:)

At least my missus does not think i am fat!! Here is Tunney getting his groove on

Haha love that night garden stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

bokmurphy wrote: »
    Haha love that night garden stuff
    It should be rated 16s at least. Scary scary programme

Have one of these, great machine & lovely selection of coffee. Favourites being 'Ristretto' & 'Arpeggio' capsules.
    224786.jpg

have one of those too, but in manly black

http://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/product/lattissima-plus-ice-silver

How sad am I, really excited about picking this up!! This from someone who is "new" to the world of coffee...i have missed out on so much:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

http://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/product/lattissima-plus-ice-silver

How sad am I, really excited about picking this up!! This from someone who is "new" to the world of coffee...i have missed out on so much:)

still there is a lot to be said for a kettle and a jar of Nescafe.

I have a Magimix myself, had a nespresso just before heading around the local loop in Pgibbos house a year or two ago. Ran it in a pb feeling great and demanded one for my xmas present.

Love them although the wife is getting tight now and wont let me charge them as a house hold expense anymore as I was going through so many of them (working from a home office can add up in some ways) so they come out of my own pocket. Shes well able to drink them herself though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭ray o

Ryath wrote: »
    + 1 on the nespresso much better than average coffee and for convenience and cleaning it can't be beaten. Personally wouldn't go for the dearer machines with the milk frothers. I just have one of the basic ones and have one of these to froth milk.
    http://casadimoka.com/MilkFrother/FraboskFaenza.htm

Used to use one of these a good bit have an induction hob now though so need to get a new one. Good place to buy these is the Little Italy wholesaler in Smithfield much cheaper than most other places in Ireland. Think I got my milk frother there as well.

+1 on that. Love my little nespresso pixe machine but I have found that i've gone back to using my stove top with freshly gound beans from Nicks coffee in Renalagh. Pain the hole to clean it compared to the machine but can't beat it for a plain black coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I have a Magimix myself, had a nespresso just before heading around the local loop in Pgibbos house a year or two ago. Ran it in a pb feeling great and demanded one for my xmas present.

I love the smell of coffee out of that machine. I don't drink coffee myself, but anyone that has had coffee from the nespresso machine loves it and quite a few have purchased machines

So Nike have parted ways, he has stepped down as chairman of Livestrong (right thing to do) Will he now admit to everything or will pigs fly first.

• Advertisement

Yes and Nike even put the boot in which I didn't think would happen

Due to the seemingly insurmountable evidence that Lance Armstrong participated in doping and misled Nike for more than a decade, it is with great sadness that we have terminated our contract with him."Nike does not condone the use of illegal performance-enhancing drugs in any manner. Nike plans to continue support of the Livestrong initiatives created to unite, inspire and empower people affected by cancer."

I think this has been the biggest blow to Lance yet as Nike has previous when it comes to supporting tainted athletes

They will have to keep an extra eye out for Tiger now and his penchant for blondes to keep him on the straight and narrow.

Advertisement