Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Messing" Forum off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

I used to think it was a snob factor ( the im better than you) but not anymore. but I dont care, there should be a law to acknowledge a fellow road user, and this will make the world a better place for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

BennyMul wrote: »
    and then two fecking houses with christmas trees up, its too early :mad:

vent over I feel better
    Oryx wrote: »

And the Christmas thing. It. Is. Not. Christmas. Yet.

Bah humbug.

The "Happy Birthday Jesus" lights in town are up and lit, along with an amazing quantity of lawn and house ornments spinning and glowing and twinkling and ho-ho-ho-ing. Where's Charlie Brown when you need him??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Plan to get one next weekend. It will be hangover decorating though... Beers have largely replaced energy drinks these days... Got to love the silly season. Bring on the mince pies!!!!!!! :D

So what are you hoping the fat man in the red suit will leave under the tree this year?

Assuming you know what you want, how do you leave the right breadcrumbs to ensure it arrives? :D

I already messed up by ordering something a few weeks ago she had planned to get me (I didn't know). Something I'd have been happy out with too :( It was just a book so no biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

So what are you hoping the fat man in the red suit will leave under the tree this year?

Assuming you know what you want, how do you leave the right breadcrumbs to ensure it arrives? :D

I already messed up by ordering something a few weeks ago she had planned to get me (I didn't know). Something I'd have been happy out with too :( It was just a book so no biggie.

We're fierce practical these days, the OH wanted a juicer, so I ordered one that looks like it could grind rocks! Me, I'm hoping for an Nespresso.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

New bike shoes (the request was made). Don't care what they are really as long as they fit better than my current ones and aren't in bits. Can't wait actually :)
    Oh and slippers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Give them the link to your vast amazon and wiggle wishlists. Things across all price ranges on them so they don't feel obliged to buy something expensive.

Tempted to ask for new tyres and new goggles, but I scared about the signals that would send to people who think I'm a triathlete and not a runner. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Picked up my birthday/Christmas/wedding present yesterday. She's gorgeous, but I'm not allowed ride her until Christmas. It bloody better not snow.

Oryx will lead you to the sex & sexuality forum.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Oryx will lead you to the sex & sexuality forum.
    Problem with triathletes is you tell them you want to spend all day getting sweaty and be left exhausted at the end, and they presume you just entered ironman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

We are both buying ourselves a "shared" Xmas present that we both want....a threadmill:)
    BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    We're fierce practical these days, the OH wanted a juicer, so I ordered one that looks like it could grind rocks! Me, I'm hoping for an Nespresso.

Bought one a while back and its a great machine, in constant use in our house.

F*ck this. Tyre recommendations, anyone, please. :(

Picked bike up, new wheel an' all last Monday evening, have probably done 100k on total on it, commuting, since and have had a front and back wheel puncture now. :mad: Front tube went on Tuesday/Wednesday and had only been replaced a week before (and tyre, pressure etc checked in the shop for service) back tube only put in 3 weeks ago(and all should have been fine given it's got a new wheel to work with)

Have tried gatorskins and panaracers and they puncture like bastards too. Go months and hundreds of K without a puncture then you get 4 of them in 3 weeks.

This is what happens when your commute takes in the Northside. :(

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Tried putting sealant in the tubes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Continental Grand Prix 4 seasons.

Expensive but well worth it. Been using them for years & rarely get punctures. Also continental tubes too. The cheap ones I find are rubbish; valves leak or break off.

Oryx wrote: »
    Tried putting sealant in the tubes?

Nope. Probably worth a shot I guess. Did try those slime tubes in the past and from memory they weren't much better.
    Continental Grand Prix 4 seasons.

Expensive but well worth it. Been using them for years & rarely get punctures. Also continental tubes too. The cheap ones I find are rubbish; valves leak or break off.

Do you train and race on them, or do you have race tyres?

Got a gift of three tubes a while ago, good ones and I'm down to my last one now. The f*cking north circular road and ballyfermot are both like bmx courses. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

F*ck this. Tyre recommendations, anyone, please. :(

It's an old trick I guess but a few years back I cut the sidewalls of two old tyres and used the centre piece to line two gatorskins. Had zero punctures that winter :D

Nope. Probably worth a shot I guess. Did try those slime tubes in the past and from memory they weren't much better.

Do you train and race on them, or do you have race tyres?

Got a gift of three tubes a while ago, good ones and I'm down to my last one now. The f*cking north circular road and ballyfermot are both like bmx courses. :mad:

I now use Continental Grand Prix S4000 on the race bike, I don't bother with tubs. They're a super tyre, nice sticky rubber gives plenty of grip in the corners.

*not sponsored by Continental or anything like that ;)

PS simple to overlook, but make sure the tyres are up to pressure too. Also with your punctures, make sure theres nothing stuck inside the tyre sidewall, you may need new rim tape in there too. You shouldnt puncture that much especially with Gatorskins.

I now use Continental Grand Prix S4000 on the race bike, I don't bother with tubs. They're a super tyre, nice sticky rubber gives plenty of grip in the corners.

*not sponsored by Continental or anything like that ;)

PS simple to overlook, but make sure the tyres are up to pressure too. Also with your punctures, make sure theres nothing stuck inside the tyre sidewall, you may need new rim tape in there too. You shouldnt puncture that much especially with Gatorskins.

Yeah pressure is perfect. Tyres were hard as rocks when I picked it up last Monday and it still only made it 25k or so before the front went kaboom. Check the pressure obsessively. I'll probably go months without one now, can't even be blamed for these two since the bike underwent a full check up last week. He was responsible for putting the tyres, tubes etc back on.

Thats what I get for letting others change my tubes, both have gone boom now! Have just got a new back wheel so the only thing I can blame for that puncture is either the roads or the tyres...

Pain in the hole having to fix it now before I go home. Just so I can go mountainbiking along the NCR again. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Bought one a while back and its a great machine, in constant use in our house.

Which one did you get?

Give them the link to your vast amazon and wiggle wishlists. Things across all price ranges on them so they don't feel obliged to buy something expensive.
    :(

Thanks good suggestion.

Upon browsing for stuff to lob in there so as not to make it obvious I came across this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Did you see the BBC Sports Personality nominees. I would have said Wiggins was a shoe in earlier in the year but cripes its hard to ignore Andy Murray after finally winning a grand slam and an Olympic Gold to boot. Will they factor in Cavs win last year for cycling in their selection, two years in a row for a supposedly minority sport?

Brownlee should have been nominated as well but I suppose there are plenty of double gold winners and even Poulter for his Ryder Cup heroics who didn't get there. Perhaps if he had won the ITU Series as well

McIllroy might have won if it was a normal year - but no doubt he will be in the running for Irelands award as well with Katie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/sports-personality/20466947

Which one did you get?

This one

Which one did you get?
    This one

I thought you were talking about a treadmill being in use daily!! :D

I thought you were talking about a treadmill being in use daily!! :D

No, thats why we got the treadmill so we can have coffee while we run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

catweazle wrote: »
    but cripes its hard to ignore Andy Murray

But it is sports personality of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/junior-doctor-who-falsified-patient-test-results-will-keep-job-3308934.html
    Dr John Stewart McKenna also accepted he told a nurse 'he didn't care' when she woke him to say a patient had fallen out of bed. A Medical Council inquiry has heard that Dr McKenna was training for an Ironman triathlon at the time and was in a bad mood.

Who here hasn't been narky when woken during training?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Enduro

Notice who wrote that article :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

http://htwins.net/scale2/

The scale of the Universe. If this doesn't blow your mind, you've no soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Kurt Godel wrote: »

You know what they say about us gingers...

• Advertisement

Kurt Godel wrote: »

Very cool, can't wait to show shotgunjunior :)

Advertisement