Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 james.deeen

Looking forward to this.

The question is should I wait until Friday and watch it with the regular folk or get a copy tomorrow?

whats easier for you?....i personally am gagging to see it asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭chucksandstorm

whats easier for you?....i personally am gagging to see it asap.

I'm gagging to see it too, but it would make great regular Friday night viewing too.

Oh decisions,decissions

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im not excited about this, dont like the direction Marvel has gone with the Avengers and this has got a very cheap feel about it from what Ive seen. Bet it wont be long before it descends in the same old villian of the week cliches like these things always do before cancellation, hope Im wrong though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 james.deeen

Thargor wrote: »
    Im not excited about this, dont like the direction Marvel has gone with the Avengers and this has got a very cheap feel about it from what Ive seen. Bet it wont be long before it descends in the same old villian of the week cliches like these things always do before cancellation, hope Im wrong though.

but....but, joss wheadon is the new jj abrahms! :confused:

jj abrams was the new chris carter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 brandom

Looking forward to it, but think I will wait until Friday, for a double with the I.T. Crowd final episode

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Plus no "BRAND NEW SHOW", "Next On....", "Tweet show now", "Are we totally blocking your screen yet?" popups that you get on US TV. I don't know how they can stand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Plus no "BRAND NEW SHOW", "Next On....", "Tweet show now", "Are we totally blocking your screen yet?" popups that you get on US TV. I don't know how they can stand it.

You get that on E4 and sky aswell.

I thought E4 only showed 'Come dine with me' and 'how I met your Mother'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The Big Bang Theory and Scrubs are always on E4 too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder if every episode will have an extra scene after the credits. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder if every episode will have an extra scene after the credits. :)
    yeah 10 minutes of unskipable credits for authenticity ;)

for those thinking of waiting all i have to say it ADS, why watch something over an hour if you can do it in 40mins

im looking forward to this, but i do fear what the network will do to the way the story is told,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

hold on second agent consonel the leader of agents of shield died in avengers movie how did he survive

lol

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    hold on second agent consonel the leader of agents of shield died in avengers movie how did he survive
    Who? Do you mean Coulson? Yeah, let's watch the pilot. Fairly sure that's going to be addressed...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great fun, really enjoyed it.

Yeah, it was great fun. I like how they teased out the whole Coulson thing. Where was he really, if he wasn't in Tahiti?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Haven't watched it yet but glowing reviews around the web this morning..

.. with a definite vibe of Whedon quality from it - since he directed and co-wrote the pilot.

Here's hoping they don't drop the ball in further episodes with Whedon merely a producer role.. although his brother Jed and his fiancee is staying on the writing staff - both have been writers on an array of quality productions including Dr Horrible and Dollhouse.

The great writing was noticeable alright. Witty dialog, and some cracking one-liners. I hope that standard continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

After the misery and disappointment that was the end of Dexter, Im so pleased to hear the initial reviews of Shield is so positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

yes Coulson, he died in avengers movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    yes Coulson, he died in avengers movie

Watch the pilot

Watch the pilot

Yeah, exactly. It is somewhat explained, but teases to further mystery, which I love.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I think it would have been kind of weak without Coulson in it. Rest of the characters didn't seem great (although Skye is hot)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Mr E wrote: »
    The great writing was noticeable alright. Witty dialog, and some cracking one-liners. I hope that standard continues.

Yeah it was great & a show hopefully you look forward to seeing each week, the one-liners were really funny
    'Agent Coulson walks out, 'Welcome to level 7, sorry that corner was really dark & i couldnt help myself', i think there's a bulb out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I really enjoyed it.
    Different approach to the "superhero" in a way.
    But can they maintain it ?
    we'll see

... the one-liners were really funny

I liked the one about the sweaty COS-players outside Stark Towers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Great first episode, hopefully they'll be able to keep the standard up.

As an aside, I wonder if were seeing a shift by the broadcasters on this side of the pond in reaction to Netflix and torrenting in their scheduling? Having it on RTE and Chanel 4 within a week of it being first broadcast in the States is a pleasant surprise.

A season preview trailer for AOS:

Lots of footage from the first episode, but a few new bits too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

P_1 wrote: »
    Great first episode, hopefully they'll be able to keep the standard up.

As an aside, I wonder if were seeing a shift by the broadcasters on this side of the pond in reaction to Netflix and torrenting in their scheduling? Having it on RTE and Chanel 4 within a week of it being first broadcast in the States is a pleasant surprise.

Maybe it depends if they can afford it? as this is a program that RTE probably couldnt get first over CH4 as opposed to Homeland, Revenge, New Girl etc. I got a streaming link on the BB forum, so i wont d/l as much.

You have GOT 1 day after the US & Homeland 2 days after the US, but didnt RTE have Prison Break in the same time frame as well, & that reminds me it was nice to see Shannon Lucio again
    u3ty.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thought it was really good, wasnt mad on his car going "back to the future" at the end though!

Lots off good Joss whedon stuff in it, dialogue etc, and Shepard Book making an appearance from firefly! Gunn from Angel too, Whedon really likes to give his past casts work!

Advertisement