Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BPB]Boards Photobook 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

kassie wrote: »
    :o:o:o

Ah no it's a bad sign that people don't know about these things :) It's good to find out that we need to up our marketing! Always good to get feedback Kassie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

i've signed up to the facebook page now, i'll spread it around, i have a few on my friends list interested in photography, they might have something to ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

OldGoat wrote: »
    It's a laudable idea dinneenp but I don't think it will work.

probably true. I was thinking of local, independent bookstores like Charlie Byrnes in Galway where it might be easier to get the book promoted/put on display in a prominent location...

dinneenp wrote: »
    probably true. I was thinking of local, independent bookstores like Charlie Byrnes in Galway where it might be easier to get the book promoted/put on display in a prominent location...

I do really like the idea, but the only thing is that in order to have books to put on a shelf, we need to pay for them up front and we don't have any kind of budget for that unfortunately. If you would like to reach out to shops or anything like that please do - if you need details of previous books to get quotes for printing - happy to give these to you too.

OK guys, enough procrastinating - we need some definite movement!

What we need:
    • A designer/two -
    • 2 project managers - 1. Cork_girl
    • Logistics help - managing books on the night/postage etc.
    • Marketing people/artists, bloggers etc
    • Cupcake bakers
    • Someone to liaise with DCC or new venue for the launch
    • Someone to take ownership of exhibition on the night
    • Help for the launch night

So - please take a job!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

What we need:
    • A designer/two - 1. DarrenG
    • Cupcake bakers

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ceacg

Cork_girl wrote: »
    OK guys, enough procrastinating - we need some definite movement!

What we need:
    • A designer/two -
    • 2 project managers - [COLOR="Red"]1. Cork_girl[/COLOR]
    • Cupcake bakers

So - please take a job!!!

Hiya, I could help with logistics, on the night and if you need help with project managing i could help with that. Which ever way I can help you best, I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

*will gladly meet beforehand for some 'brainpicking'
    *will bake and bring "edible stuff"
    *will have two hands available for any help on the night

p.s. don't know all ins and outs and what's involved in the whole process, but can learn along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Waiting on printer here in work to get back to me regarding prices, ill have something by mid next week.

Will help out on the night/Logistics.

I (my wife) would be able to make cupcakes.
    BUT it depends on if I will be able to attend- is there any rough date- what month even?

• Advertisement

dinneenp wrote: »
    I (my wife) would be able to make cupcakes.
    BUT it depends on if I will be able to attend- is there any rough date- what month even?

We need to get a team together before we can plan the launch date - normally it is the 3rd weekend in November I think.. but if we don't have a team to get the book together by the end of September, I'm not sure if it will go ahead :(

We need to get a team together before we can plan the launch date - normally it is the 3rd weekend in November I think.. but if we don't have a team to get the book together by the end of September, I'm not sure if it will go ahead :(

Ok, you can put me down for cupcakes & other food stuff.
    I can do some marketing as well- through my blog, twitter etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Nebezpeci Mys

DarrenG wrote: »
    What we need:
    • Cupcake bakers

I could at least help on the night and do some more food (if the offers to date aren't enough). Or...are you still looking for the 2nd project manager? ....or is there any other job that needs to be taken? :)

I could at least help on the night and do some more food (if the offers to date aren't enough). Or...are you still looking for the 2nd project manager? ....or is there any other job that needs to be taken? :)

Your name is now on the list :)
    • 2/3 project managers - 1. Cork_girl 2. Ceacg 3. Nebezpeci Mys
    • Logistics help - managing books on the night/postage etc. Jonnykitedude
    • Cupcake bakers - dineenp, picaaf

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

If you want/wish you can put my name down for 'help for the launch night'

:)
    • Help for the launch night picaaf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Thank you :) There will be no books for 'delivery' this year as there was in previous years I'm afraid, it'll be either pay for postage or collect on the night.

As suggested elsewhere include postage for everyone in the price

Those who collect on the night still pay it (its a fixed price) and the saving is donated to SSF ?

RoryW wrote: »
    As suggested elsewhere include postage for everyone in the price

Those who collect on the night still pay it (its a fixed price) and the saving is donated to SSF ?

Yes certainly an option, we'll see first if there is enough uptake to go ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

How do you submit a photo to the book?

Stephen P wrote: »
    How do you submit a photo to the book?

We will be looking for photos from any member of boards.ie at the end of the month, once the 'team' are set up :) Anyone can submit, on the condition they purchase a copy of the book and all proceeds then go to charity! This year it will be announced when the payments will be accepted and first to pay up are in, there are limited spaces but the only limitation to getting a place is not acting quickly ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Thank you. I'll keep an eye on the forum :)

We will be looking for photos from any member of boards.ie at the end of the month, once the 'team' are set up :) Anyone can submit, on the condition they purchase a copy of the book and all proceeds then go to charity! This year it will be announced when the payments will be accepted and first to pay up are in, there are limited spaces but the only limitation to getting a place is not acting quickly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

:)

It's unlikely I'll be taking part in BPB this year, however I'm happy to promote it on my photoblog, bookface, twitter and anywhere else I can think of.

dave66 wrote: »
    It's unlikely I'll be taking part in BPB this year, however I'm happy to promote it on my photoblog, bookface, twitter and anywhere else I can think of.

Really appreciate that :) Thank you and I am sorry that you may not be taking part, you know we all want you in it.. ;)

I'm already thinking about the fun part- what photo to submit/include.

Also looking forward to attending this year and (finally) meeting people in the flesh. People should probably wear badges with the boards handle (I hate that word) to prevent the 'who are you again?' question being asked over and over and over. ;-)

Also looking forward to a weekend in Dublin, probably photowalk as well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

I'm glad to see that this great project is back up and on the move again. Thanks to Cork_Girl for kicking us back into action.

I'd love to give a dig out, however my skills/time don't allow for marketing & design. I do have big burley muscles so could help out with logistics/distribution/packaging or bouncer on the night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

I'm going to give it a go for the first time this year. I followed it for the last two years but only now have gained confidence in my amateur work!!:o

I'm based in West cork so not sure if I can make Launch date, never mind find the venue:D but I'll do my best to help out if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Not often here at the moment, sorry.

But I can again liaise with DCC, no problem.

What do you mean by "take ownership of exhibition"? Taking down what is on the walls in DCC? Or do you think we will have some of the pictures from the book printed to hang on the night?

And assuming I have time on the night I will help whereever necessary again.

Do we need many more for Marketing? A few people said they would advertise on their blogs.
    Last year we were on the radio but I don't think that brought us additional buyer?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

As always I will, try, and be around to help on the day. Some slight chance of me organising an event during the day. (you all know what I am talking about)
    I can't give anymore if a current project takes off.

so what jobs/tasks are still outstanding?

• Advertisement

• Someone to liaise with DCC or new venue for the launch Xia to liaise with DCC
    • Help for the launch night picaaf, Buzz Lightyear

In terms of exhibition on the night - there was a suggestion to have prints done of the images in the book and that would need to be organised from a point of view of physical prints/hanging/mounting etc. IF it was to go ahead.. they could then be sold on the night with a portion going to the Charity.. just a thought.

For marketing - we need someone to take ownership of getting the word out there, organising a press release, help market the book.. all of us in the book with then help get the word out there on our own blogs/twitter/facebook etc. but we need someone dedicated to marketing the book also.

For launch night, DCC have always been really supportive and helpful - but perhaps a differnet venue may be more suitable if we are to have an exhibition/etc?

Logistics also includes managing getting books to people and keeping track of who has what. This year that will be straight forward because we will all be paying for postage up front :) Just keeping track of it on the night and then sending off the ones that are not collected (prepaid for postage).

Any other suggestions? :D

Advertisement