Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad 5x07 - Say My Name [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

Mike was one of my favourite characters, he had some great lines this season and at least he got to deliver some home truths to Walter before he was shot. I think Mike's obvious disdain and relationship with Jesse were all too much for Walter's ego.

I don't think even Vince Gilligan could persuade me back onto Walter's side. Seem to be back on the when Jesse finds about...Jane...Brock...Mike... treadmill again. I don't think it will be Jesse who gets him in the end. Is it significant that Walter has made his role in Gus' death public, in earlier seasons he was viewed as untouchable?
    Walt is very isolated now which may lead him to putting too much trust in Todd.

I hated the Teddy Bear flash forward in earlier season - in a way it was a red herring - so I'm not going to try and read too much into this season's flash forward but was Walter wearing a watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

That bloke with the red hair, who shot the kid on the scrambler, is going to be get them all shopped in the end !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Wrong thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Penn wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I could have sworn someone said something about it being the second time they took Mike's money for his granddaughter.

I know I've given a lot of details there which proves my point :D, but that's the impression I got. Going to rewatch tonight anyway and see if I can pick it up again.

Yeah I was wrong. Saul says it's the second time they took Mike's payroll, so I'm guessing he means the money for the 9 guys when they first found the money from Gus's accounts, and now.

At least that means Mike's granddaughter's money is safe. Makes his passing a little easier to stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Yeah I was wrong. Saul says it's the second time they took Mike's payroll, so I'm guessing he means the money for the 9 guys when they first found the money from Gus's accounts, and now.

At least that means Mike's granddaughter's money is safe. Makes his passing a little easier to stomach.

She is on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

She is on Twitter.

I have a very dark sense of humour at times but I must say I found this a bit too creepy.
    Surprised he didn’t set one up for Drew Sharp too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

She is on Twitter.

Oh.... that is dark... that is dark, sick and twisted.

*clicks Follow*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It's not fair that the mods have cool BB Avatars:(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

She is on Twitter.

Wow that is very creepy, how did you even find that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Wow that is very creepy, how did you even find that :D

Saw it referenced on Reddit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's not fair that the mods have cool BB Avatars:(
    I thought yours was an animated Walt Jr..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Basq wrote: »
    I thought yours was an animated Walt Jr..

Yeah me too. Along with the name...

Had to share this
    375891_356037974473574_1209355515_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I can't see any way that the woman who works in the bank wouldn't have given up all the boxes, including Mike's. Her cold reaction when the lawyer gave her the cakes on the sticks seemed to indicate that she wasn't in a friendly mood, and that she had already been talking to the DEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

krudler wrote: »
    what was with all the subliminal image flashes throughout the episode? there's a couple of single frame shots, one right after the opening credits end.
    I can't see any way that the woman who works in the bank wouldn't have given up all the boxes, including Mike's. Her cold reaction when the lawyer gave her the cakes on the sticks seemed to indicate that she wasn't in a friendly mood, and that she had already been talking to the DEA.

Yeah the only possible saving grace is that the granddaughter's one wasn't a regular, just a one-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

She is on Twitter.

I sure will miss pop pop!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I still like Walt.
    What I found strange though, would they allow Police into a bank vault while someone is doing their thang in their? Surely they'd need some kind of special permission for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Gomie's smile of course, unlocks many the bank vault.... and heart <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I still like Walt.
    What I found strange though, would they allow Police into a bank vault while someone is doing their thang in their? Surely they'd need some kind of special permission for that?

I presume they got one of those 'warrant' things I hear so much about on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Charlie19 wrote: »

tumblr_lq2h1oBYsi1qlffopo1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Ruski wrote: »
    Charlie19 wrote: »

tumblr_lq2h1oBYsi1qlffopo1_500.jpg]

I have pop pop in the attic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Gomie's smile of course, unlocks many the bank vault.... and heart <3
    SMQ.jpg

/swoon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I presume they got one of those 'warrant' things I hear so much about on TV.

It took them ages to get one for Mike, how did they get one so quickly for nothing more than a hunch? I'm fairly sure judges dont just hand out warrents whenever someone wants one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

anyone any idea who gus was in chile?! how do you reckon they will work it into the remaining episodes or will they at all? the only ones that knew who he was were hector and the cartel boss and they're dead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It took them ages to get one for Mike, how did they get one so quickly for nothing more than a hunch? I'm fairly sure judges dont just hand out warrents whenever someone wants one.

Yeah this was the one part that did confuse me a bit. A place with safety deposit boxes would normally be a bit more careful about their customer's privacy. Perhaps they didn't actually have a warrant - they just pressed on the bank and they folded faster than Superman on laundry day.

And then what exactly was the problem with the lawyer. He was putting money in safety deposit boxes. What's so incriminating about that? How could that possibly make him fold and give up Mike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

wesf wrote: »
    anyone any idea who gus was in chile?! how do you reckon they will work it into the remaining episodes or will they at all? the only ones that knew who he was were hector and the cartel boss and they're dead

I was hoping for this myself prior to the season starting. Maybe some flashbacks with the orange tint in Mexico and turquoise tint for Chile of course.I would be very surprised if they went down this route now. Gus's name has been said only a handful of times all season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

They've already stated that they're going to leave that a mystery. Probably best imo, I think we'd be underwhelmed by any explanation of his backstory.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Mousewar wrote: »
    Yeah this was the one part that did confuse me a bit. A place with safety deposit boxes would normally be a bit more careful about their customer's privacy. Perhaps they didn't actually have a warrant - they just pressed on the bank and they folded faster than Superman on laundry day.

And then what exactly was the problem with the lawyer. He was putting money in safety deposit boxes. What's so incriminating about that? How could that possibly make him fold and give up Mike?

They had CCTV footage of each of the 9's family members going in collecting money from the boxes which suggests that they were keeping an eye on the place for a while and the 9 family members. (The photos in Hank's office) From that evidence alone they would've had enough to get a warrant surely? That's the thing with breaking bad though, there's no concept of time. A week or two weeks could pass over the course of an episode so we gotta assume that a lot of this type of stuff happens off screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

snausages wrote: »
    They've already stated that they're going to leave that a mystery. Probably best imo, I think we'd be underwhelmed by any explanation of his backstory.

Didn't know that. I think the reason people want to find out about his back-story is simply so we can see him on screen again as he was such an intriguing character. Sad that we won't get to see him again but it would have been very hard to squeeze in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

They had CCTV footage of each of the 9's family members going in collecting money from the boxes which suggests that they were keeping an eye on the place for a while and the 9 family members.

The bank may keep archives of the footage from their own cameras routinely as part of their internal security, so if the DEA got a warrant for those, they wouldn't have needed weeks to collect that information. They would just need a few hours to analyze the weeks of footage.

Advertisement