Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Well at least you're having the craic, that's the main thing...it'd be worse if you were taking it seriously.

Cool.

Because thinking the division system in place is not what it should be means I've taking it too seriously. I fully intend on bringing it up in the off-season as this situation has happened many times over the last few years and it's only got worse now that the boards.ie leagues have expanded to eight inter-linked leagues.

But yeah. That's taking it too seriously. You really should check some of the debates in other threads before you take that tact again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Is it wrong that I hope Hernandez gets injured? :pac:

5 points up and Cunning Stunts with just Hernandez to play. Looks like I'm staying put in Division 7 despite finishing 3rd in rankings :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,834 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Syferus wrote: »
    Cool.

Because thinking the division system in place is not what it should be means I've taking it too seriously. I fully intend on bringing it up in the off-season as this situation has happened many times over the last few years and it's only got worse now that the boards.ie leagues have expanded to eight inter-linked leagues.

But yeah. That's taking it too seriously. You really should check some of the debates in other threads before you take that tact again.

Your ongoing tantrum is hilarious to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lava_man

taidghbaby wrote: »
    I'd like to take this chance to thank whoever traded me Alexander and also whoever dropped the Seahawks this week! :)

Awww man...From boom to bust.

The Cardinals. what a bunch of McCain voting, lily livered, cheese eating surrender monkeys. WTF? 58-0. Did they join the leagalise cannabis movement in Washington? My "friend" got rid of the Seahawks last week. Words will be exchanged.

At least the 49ers won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

lava_man wrote: »

Awww man...From boom to bust.

The Cardinals. what a bunch of McCain voting, lily livered, cheese eating surrender monkeys. WTF? 58-0. Did they join the leagalise cannabis movement in Washington? My "friend" got rid of the Seahawks last week. Words will be exchanged.

At least the 49ers won.
    Barring Brady throwing 16 interceptions I have this one won! In fairness 109 is a good score and would have won ya many a game! Unfortunately for you ya came up against a superior operator this weekend and were relentlessly crushed without remorse! In a way it shows my respect for you and the challenge you provided, but alas from your point of view whilst you showed some plucky courage the result was never in doubt! So confident I was of victory this week I decided to leave David Wilson on the bench as he picked up 22 points!

Keep the head up Lava Man....there's no shame in being hammered by a franchise that is as well run and has as much talent as Lucks Colts! Now you've seen where the bar has been set it gives you something to aim towards in the future!

For the people left in the playoffs in boards div 7....best of luck in the rest of the competition but you can expect much of the same treatment as Lava Man received tho week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lava_man

You've shot your load.

****, only took Hernandez 5 minutes to get those 5 points needed to beat me :(

Sickened now I didn't start Spoles or even Britt :mad:

Eh, since lava man has decided that fantasy football christmas should come early, is the commissioner going to step in, or is it a free for all to pick up those players? Seems like it's really going to make a balls of the end of the season if all those players are suddenly back in the mix.

Eh, since lava man has decided that fantasy football christmas should come early, is the commissioner going to step in, or is it a free for all to pick up those players? Seems like it's really going to make a balls of the end of the season if all those players are suddenly back in the mix.
    I can (I presume) if people want?

I can (I presume) if people want?

Your call, and since I'm in the consolation playoffs I really don't care (I like the idea of picking up Ogletree and Stafford and so on off the waiver), but in the interests of fairness, I think at this stage it would take very little skill for someone with some waiver priority to swoop in and win the league even though people who have managed their team better and deserve it more have done their best. Would be a shame actually given how much fun it's been to see someone just get a few handy points. Being honest I think lava man shouldnt have dropped all his players like that because it kind of makes a balls of it. What's the point of all the weeks beforehand if someone can just free up all these players and totally skew the last few weeks' results?

Not to be a total bollocks about it, but lava man, why free them all up at all?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure there's anything I can actually do on this? If anyone has any ideas let me know!
    (With regards the players that are soon to be free agents!)

I'm not sure there's anything I can actually do on this? If anyone has any ideas let me know!

I think you can lock the players that the two teams dropped, no?

I think you can lock the players that the two teams dropped, no?
    Ill check when I get home tonight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 DBBacker

As a GM in a NFL.com league you can edit every teams roster and sign and remove players.

Right, should be sorted now!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

lava man permabanned for violation of charter.

In my tidy up of the thread, I endeavoured to keep posts that are discussing the ways of solving the mess created by him releasing his players. If I've deleted a post by accident that should be there, PM me to restore it.

Isn't that a bit harsh? It was a rectifiable problem :(

I know its something you don't want people doing but could it not just be say 1 month ban from American Football and 1 season ban from Fantasy Football?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

It's clearly stated in the charter which everyone is supposed to read when joining the forum. I fully support the penalty and thank the mods for handling it so well.

So back to the playoffs! My opponent had a decent enough start last night (20 odd points from AJ Green and the eagles!)! He probably would have hopes for more from Green but 9 points from the Eagles when they conceded 34 is a good return!

This could come down to RG3! Will he start...won't he?? I'd he does will he be as effective! Victories secrets alternative is Sam Bradford!! Big decision to be made there!!!!

Lucks Colts on the other hand are a perfectly settled team with no big decisions before kick off!

I'm predicting Lucks Colts to win this by about 20-25 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PacFish

Pretty confident RG3 will start. AJ Green has fallen a bit flat towards the end of the season.

My reward for winning 9 in a row is to face a team thats won 8 in a row!

• Advertisement

Pacfish don't forget to change your QB!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kai_Dante

Well unless some 42 point miracle from CJ2K tonight it will be Cunning Stunts and Victorious Secret in the final. My team has been falling apart in the last few weeks so happy enough I made the semi's to begin with.

Superbowl baby!!

How many go up to Div 6? Other thread says 4 go up? Which means the number 1 and 2 seeds get promoted without needing to do anything in the playoffs. Is that right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

PacFish wrote: »
    How many go up to Div 6? Other thread says 4 go up? Which means the number 1 and 2 seeds get promoted without needing to do anything in the playoffs. Is that right?

Yeah the 4 semi finalists go up

Well done to Cunning Stunts on the victory last night! 125 points would have beaten pretty much anyone, but Victorious Secret had a total shocker. I got 104 points this week and I haven't even managed my team in the last two weeks. Maybe if I had taken that approach for the previous seven or eight weeks I'd have made the playoffs.

Well done to the Cunning Stunts. My team had a shocker in the final. 0.9 points out of Arian Foster tells you all you need to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

when are the 2013 fantasy football season registration going to begin. I am looking to join an Irish based league after playing in a US based league for past 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

when are the 2013 fantasy football season registration going to begin. I am looking to join an Irish based league after playing in a US based league for past 3 years.

There will be a 2013 thread opened up soon (probably after bank holiday weekend) where everyone needs to post their intention to take part in 2013. That will say how the leagues are run too. Look out for it next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Looks like I am in this division.

8327455932_b960acb39c_o.gif

Advertisement