Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obscure TV that I remember.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Pink Fox wrote: »
    Yes, just googled Mark McManus - he was in The Brothers - he was also in Colditz. I love spotting actors in their earlier roles

Do you notice all the nips & tucks?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pink Fox

Does anyone remember 'Thriller' from the early sixties. Absolutely everyone watched it on a Friday night and talked about it.

I also loved the old Twilight Zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Can't remember Thriller, but definitely watched The Twilight Zone. Terrified me, but I was riveted.

Boris Karloff introduced Thriller. I think there is an episode on YouTube.

There was a programme called 'You Were There' where they presented an episode in history and the presenter acted as a television reporter at the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Now this is more "Obscure radio". Anyone remember "Dan Dare" at 7pm?. Then there was "Perry Mason" at 9.30pm. If i was in bed I'd shout down to Mum to turn up the radio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Pink Fox wrote: »
    Does anyone remember 'Thriller' from the early sixties. Absolutely everyone watched it on a Friday night and talked about it.

I also loved the old Twilight Zone.

I have seen clips of the Boris Karloff one from the 1960s. It's great.

Does anybody remember Thriller from the 1970s? Great anthology series from ITV. Ran from 1973 to 1976 and was repeated in the early 1980s.

Thanks for this, I'll watch tomorrow. Love this kind of thing but only watch in daylight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Not sure how many will remember Catch Hand, a tv series from the early 1960's.

Two workers travel around finding jobs where they go starring Tony Booth and Mark Eden.

Anyway Google search doesn't bring up much. BUT I remember it :)

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/british-entertainment-television-catch-hand-london-1964/Memory/f19250c6-803e-4af7-92ca-a00c00f54b8a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

They were good looking lads then. Never heard of that one but then our family were late getting a TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Drac the Bassman

poppyvally wrote: »
    Now this is more "Obscure radio". Anyone remember "Dan Dare" at 7pm?. Then there was "Perry Mason" at 9.30pm. If i was in bed I'd shout down to Mum to turn up the radio

Ah, Dan dare, Digby and The Mekon! I think it was 645-7pm and was it on Luxembourg?

My old man fixed up a set of headphones from the front room of the prefab we lived in , to my bedroom and I would sit in bed listening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Drac the Bassman

Fabian of Scotland Yard - George Raft. Saturday nights on BBC (there was only one BBC Channel in them days lol)

I remember a couple of episodes which affected me. One where someone was giving sweets out which were poisoned - never accept sweets from strangers!!) and another where someone in a bath had a bust fall on them and kill them (Lucky? person was so rich they had shelves behind the bath end with marble bust on it!!) Even though our bath didn't have the said shelves or Marble busts, I always looked behind me when I got in and sat down!

Advertisement