Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean update tipped for August 29th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Slattsy wrote: »
    Lads my battery is absolutely ****e since the update.
    Is there anything I can do?

Mine has been terrible since I put the JB Omega rom on it also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

After a fresh format it's back to being super fast and slick, stuttering is gone and battery looks like it will last the day once more. Win For me!

May I suggest if your not seeing the goodness of JB after your carrier update you should backup and reset, its given me my phone back to me but better than it was..

Now just gotta get three's data problems sorted....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

god's toy wrote: »
    After a fresh format it's back to being super fast and slick, stuttering is gone and battery looks like it will last the day once more. Win For me!

May I suggest if your not seeing the goodness of JB after your carrier update you should backup and reset, its given me my phone back to me but better than it was..

What's the best way to back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Meteor firmware update available today
    I regretted updating my S2 firmware the phone was worse afterwards
    Dont want to make same mistake with my S3
    Anyone update with Meteor yet?

What's the best way to back up?
    Many ways really. Sammy have one built in for some stuff and kies for other stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Yeah, updated yesterday.
    Haven't noticed that much of a difference, definitely nothing compared to the ics update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'm using the Meteor firmware. I was getting 2 days of use out of my S3 on ICS.
    I updated to JB yesterday morning at ~8am and the phone was dead by 9am with the same usage. (I haven't had time to "play" with the new JB features). Phone was reset after flash also. No extra apps installed yet.

Not impressed at all but will give it a few days to settle.
    pabloh999 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I have to admit my battery isn't lasting as long as it used to.
    Usually by the time I got home at 7pm it was down to 60% or so, now it's 3.30pm and it's down to 56%.

The lack of flash is quite annoying, I generally watch the odd show on Firefox on my lunch, and it simply hasn't worked lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I have to admit my battery isn't lasting as long as it used to.
    Usually by the time I got home at 7pm it was down to 60% or so, now it's 3.30pm and it's down to 56%.

The lack of flash is quite annoying, I generally watch the odd show on Firefox on my lunch, and it simply hasn't worked lately.

Flash still works on the stock browser, certainly on mine it does anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

mollser wrote: »

Flash still works on the stock browser, certainly on mine it does anyway.

I'll check it out now. Thanks

Edit. Tried playing a Sockshare and Put locker link, no luck with it. Hardly a drastic issue, more of an annoyance really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Can anyone help!

Updated unbranded S3 last night with official via kies update.

Since then I've no signal at all.

It's as if there is no SIM in the phone.

Pulled battery & SIM several times but nothing!

With Three & EMobile & both say it's a Samsung problem!

Does anyone know if this is the case?

I've no phone at the moment!

Anyone hear if Samsung are fixing this?

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

it mite have wiped your network settings. thats my only thoughts.
    settings -> more settings -> Access point names

check those are correct with what settings should be for whatever network you are.

this isnt a "samsung" issue as only you have it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Lads my battery is absolutely ****e since the update.
    Is there anything I can do?

Will Samsung replace it?

It's obviously a software issue. Replacing the battery won't help. You can revert to a previous ICS ROM using Odin.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'll check it out now. Thanks

Edit. Tried playing a Sockshare and Put locker link, no luck with it. Hardly a drastic issue, more of an annoyance really.

if you still have flash installed it will work. the default samsung browser still supports it, and if you go to firefox settings and enable plugins it will work in that also.

you cannot install flash from the play store in jellybean is the only thing. you need to get it via internet as an apk.
    it does still work though for sure.,

kenyard wrote: »
    it mite have wiped your network settings. thats my only thoughts.
    settings -> more settings -> Access point names

check those are correct with what settings should be for whatever network you are.

this isnt a "samsung" issue as only you have it

Hi Kenyard & thanks for the reply!

I rang both Three & eMobile with both SPs telling me that it is a known problem & Samsung are working on a repair??

I'll try the settings though just to be sure.

Thanks again.

just checked & can't even get into mobile networks as it tells me to insert a SIM!!

I'm so frustrated!!

The SIM is only Three months old & it's a bit coincidental that this happened after I updated!

Any other ideas anyone's ?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

anyone updated from the polish version to the unbranded BTU release?

does kies pick up the phone and/or OTA updates work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

keredern wrote: »
    just checked & can't even get into mobile networks as it tells me to insert a SIM!!

I'm so frustrated!!

The SIM is only Three months old & it's a bit coincidental that this happened after I updated!

Any other ideas anyone's ?? :)

Can you flash back to the stock ICS ?

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-I9300&pcode=3IE&os=1&type=1#firmware

Theres a link to Threes firmwares, ICS is on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I must say I'm not impressed by the battery at all. Was extremely impressed by battery life on ICS before updating frequently getting 2 days minimum. 11 hours now and battery is dead.

Will give it a few days but if it doesn't improve will probably go back to ICS or custom rom

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I Am Kong! wrote: »

It's obviously a software issue. Replacing the battery won't help. You can revert to a previous ICS ROM using Odin.

What's odin?

• Advertisement

What's odin?

A piece of software used for pushing files onto the S3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

god's toy wrote: »

I am finding the thing gone vary laggy now a few days after JB upgrade.

Did you do a restore afterwards or just reset and then manually re-install apps and reapply setting etc? If its apps slowing it down then thinking a restore will just make it slow again...:confused:

Anyone got any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Just updated and loving it!

Did you do a restore afterwards or just reset and then manually re-install apps and reapply setting etc? If its apps slowing it down then thinking a restore will just make it slow again...:confused:

Anyone got any advice?

Anyone having problems with being laggy, I suggest a clean wipe with Cwm recovery, then install the update using odin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Where can I download a version of keys for my pc, the one off the samsung site isn't working.

+When I click update it says something like "the updates will be given in order of them being requested, try again later" - Yawhat?

Anyone got any advice?

Odd my reply has vanished.

Anyhoo, yea I manually re-install all the apps, gave me a chance to weed out the non used ones and only install the ones I use every day.

Sammy has a tool for backing up stuff like textx and MMS, it's built into the phone.

Anyhoo a few days in and all is still super slick with loads less RAM being used. ;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Anyone got any advice?

Yep, wipe and reload.
    I upgraded and the phone was horrible, lagging badly and battery was draining extremely quickly.

Reset it, re-installed all the apps I originally had on it manually and it's perfect now. Battery life does seem slightly better, 78% remaining at the minute after coming off a full charge at 8am this morning after a few texts, one phone call, 3G mobile data on all day, about twenty minutes internet browsing and facebook, and a Gmail and Exchange account both push enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Kensington wrote: »
    Yep, wipe and reload.
    I upgraded and the phone was horrible, lagging badly and battery was draining extremely quickly.

Reset it, re-installed all the apps I originally had on it manually and it's perfect now. Battery life does seem slightly better, 78% remaining at the minute after coming off a full charge at 8am this morning after a few texts, one phone call, 3G mobile data on all day, about twenty minutes internet browsing and facebook, and a Gmail and Exchange account both push enabled.

Excellent, sounds like the way to go. Probably a stupid question, but I assume once you wipe and reload the phone you can still download all your purchased apps without having to pay again? Would imagine they are linked to your Google account or whatever? Apologies, I'm relatively new to Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭emo72

im on the polish jellybean. heres one bug i have. when i switch wifi off then go to turn it back on, well, it wont switch back on. anyone else got this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Excellent, sounds like the way to go. Probably a stupid question, but I assume once you wipe and reload the phone you can still download all your purchased apps without having to pay again? Would imagine they are linked to your Google account or whatever? Apologies, I'm relatively new to Android.

They're all there once you sign back in - in fact, on first start after reset it asked me did I want to restore everything from my Google account - I chose not to though, prefer to do it manually.

Advertisement