Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Thread 2012/2013 Mark II Redemption

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Rightwing wrote: »
    What about points scored, over 42.5 looks pretty good to me at 5/6.

Not convinced that we'll see a lot of tries. I'd predict 2, maybe 3. I think the Lions will be quite strong in defence and in attack will be looking to take 3 points when possible.

Even if there were 4 tries and they were all converted you're still looking for 5 penalties to be slotted on top.

I'm going to stay away from the under/over bet.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Jesus I think they are terrible odds for 1/2p to score all of his kicks, I know he has been on fire but still....

Even a conversion out on the touchline by itself could realistically be considered no more than a 1.50 shot....

I'd imagine so long as the game is somewhat even he'll be taking a shot from near the halfway also. No guarantees at all.

Found a nice one. If someone in the know could confirm to me how often JOC goes for drop-goals when he wears 10.

If the likelihood is as low as I think I'm going to have a little bet on Sexton scoring more drop goals than JOC @ 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Found a nice one. If someone in the know could confirm to me how often JOC goes for drop-goals when he wears 10.

If the likelihood is as low as I think I'm going to have a little bet on Sexton scoring more drop goals than JOC @ 4/1

I've been to alot of Rebel games this season and he hasn't taken a single drop goal from what I've seen.

So what happens if there are no drop goal? Do you get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I'd imagine so long as the game is somewhat even he'll be taking a shot from near the halfway also. No guarantees at all.

Agreed. Stupid bet that I didn't think through. Don't know why I went for it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,286 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That seems ridiculous odds in basically a flip of so coin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

sydthebeat wrote: »

Most likely neither score a drop goal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Most likely neither score a drop goal though.

Yeah, I'd imagine 'no drop goal' is fairly slim odds tbh

GiftofGab wrote: »
    I've been to alot of Rebel games this season and he hasn't taken a single drop goal from what I've seen.

So what happens if there are no drop goal? Do you get a refund?

Didn't look at it fully. Those odds are accompanied by a Draw also @ 3/10 and JOC is 6/1.

Still though, I can see Sexton taking on a drop-goal at some point. The only drop-goal I've seen JOC score was a manky one against the Barbarians. Obviously I've seen Sexton play a LOT more than JOC though.

I won't be remortgaging the house for this bet but I think I'll sacrifice my coffee today and put 3eu on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Croft to score first try at a generous 20/1.

Lions to win by 6-10 points 9/2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

1/2 coin Motm 9/1

Poc motm 20/1

my bets

palu first try scorer for australia @ 13 / 1

folau first try scorer and australia +3 @ 17 / 1

long shots but i think the odds are generous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

my bets

palu first try scorer for australia @ 13 / 1

folau first try scorer and australia +3 @ 17 / 1

long shots but i think the odds are generous

I think they are a complete waste of money, they're the ones the bookies make the cash on.

I think they are a complete waste of money, they're the ones the bookies make the cash on.

Fair enough, thats why their long shots.

Like I say, I think the odds are generous thats why I've laid on them.

Oh and the bookies make money when the long shots come in, not the short odds ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Fair enough, thats why their long shots.

Like I say, I think the odds are generous thats why I've laid on them.

Oh and the bookies make money when the long shots come in, not the short odds ;)

That's cause they just don't come in :)

Good luck with them though, i'm trying to decide on a bet, think I'll do a GAA one this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Very true. I've never seen the bookies celebrating so much as when the cameras cut to them track side after this year's national when Auroras Encore came in at something like 60/1.

A better with a good knowledge (like Syd) can identify a good bet that has long odds. They're still long shots but there's a lot more chance with an educated guess.

Personally, if you're going to actually come out in the black overall, you need to be very cautious and dull. The only thing I'd bet on would be straight match betting (handicaps are generally coin toss stuff) if I was serious about collecting. I'd never go for more than a double. So many people fall down getting greedy thinking they can go from 2/1 to 4/1 if they make their double a treble.

If I was betting properly, I wouldn't touch tomorrow's game, to be honest. As it stands, I'm putting down a few quid for fun on the 6-10 margin and Croft for try scorer.

For example with long odds that are good...

Farrell, mako and hibbard are all 33/1 to be first try scorers.... Awj and poc are 50/1.

Now these are all incredibly unlikely to happen, but personally id rather put money on the guys who are longer odds AND on the pitch ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

For example with long odds that are good...

Farrell, mako and hibbard are all 33/1 to be first try scorers.... Awj and poc are 50/1.

Now these are all incredibly unlikely to happen, but personally id rather put money on the guys who are longer odds AND on the pitch ;)

POC and Jamie Heaslip as first try scorers at 50/1 and 25/1 respectively look fun and if one of them doesn't manage it, with PP you get your money if when BOD gets a try. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

PP enhanced special: The Lions to win by 1-5 points and George North to score a try at anytime @ 20/1. worth a fiver..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

Halfpenny to score more than JOC is the only bet getting my attention. Want to be able to enjoy the game first and foremost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

As an aside, Ultimate Rugby and Paddy Power are offering 4 to 1 on Lions to win for new mobile customers, max bet of €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

CoDy1 wrote: »
    PP enhanced special: The Lions to win by 1-5 points and George North to score a try at anytime @ 20/1. worth a fiver..

Link? Can't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

OZ/Lions HT/FT at 6/1 looks mighty tempting I have to say

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

P_1 wrote: »
    OZ/Lions HT/FT at 6/1 looks mighty tempting I have to say

I would be a lot more inclined to go the other way around (and have, though not for anything close to 6/1). The Lions have the benefit of 6 warm up matches and its hard not to see them starting better. Aus will almost definitely come back into it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

That's cause they just don't come in :)

Good luck with them though, i'm trying to decide on a bet, think I'll do a GAA one this week.

No you plank it's because everyone bets on the short odds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

No you plank it's because everyone bets on the short odds

lovely

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

No bets for me for the Lions, or any of the International games this Summer. I just didn't have any idea of how the games would go so no point in betting really.

• Advertisement

It maybe famous last words, but I think the all blacks are excellent value at evens -20

If the french conceded I'm the first 15 mins, they will just want to go home.

Advertisement