Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Turned on GP at half time again

FFS not again! :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Green Bay could put 60 points on us next week. Utterly awful,nothing positive to take from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭myate

Honestly hope Rodgers & the Packers annihilate us next week at home in Santa Clara...right in front of Jed York in his big new stadium. Something might hit home then that the team is in serious bother. I can't see any positives from yesterdays game...save Hayne finally getting a good run.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

mickmc7 wrote: »
    Please make it stop

126920-Simpsons-stop-stop-hes-already-7Shi.jpeg

So apparently we are not very good...

The 49ers have shipped 40+ points and 25 points losses in back to back games. In todays NFL that is really difficult.
    There have been 36 teams to lose consecutive games by at least 25 points since 1990, when the NFL expanded the playoff field to 12 teams, including 2015’s 49ers and Bears.
    Allowing over 40 points in two straight weeks happens less frequently, with only 23 other teams matching that feat
    Since 1990, there have been only eight other teams to get blown out in that fashion in consecutive games, according to the invaluable Pro-Football-Reference team streak finder.

8 teams, since 1990. And the packers come to town on Sunday. Not going to end well.

Source here (good article actually):

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/9/29/9413557/jim-tomsulas-49ers-are-awful-and-we-should-have-seen-it-coming

• Advertisement

So thoughts on tonights game?

Been pummeled by both the Steeres and the Cardinals. Possibly best offense in the game coming to town, not going to end well I don't think.

The spread is only 7.5, surprised at that. Hope we can stay competitive through 3 quarters but if the Pass Rush is as anemic as the last 2 games I expect this to be well over by half time.

If a Pass rush shows up and we can slow down rodgers we can stay competitive into the 3rd quarter. Regardless I don't see any way we win. It would be nice if our pass rushers rush the passer rather than track wide receivers like last week.

On offense just feed Hyde and call some easy passes to build Kaps confidence. We won't win but if its not a hammering it's kind of like a win, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

This match up is normally competitive, if they do well is it then a problem a being only a home team.

That spread seems very generous and 47.5 for over and unders.

A run up the gut on 3rd and 7 says a lot

Still if the D can hold out next 3 plays we simply have to score on our next drive other wise I feel GB will get a sniff and start running

Seems like kaepernick is under pressure on every dropback. Also most of his passes are off target, usually low.

Our new punter also seems to be terrible. Defense has showed up and done well but offense is non existent.

• Advertisement

Think I counted a single 3rd down converted. Haven't had a sniff of a Red Zone. GC needs to get more creative with the playbook and the OL need to cop on to themselves and do their job. Then, still need Kaep to read the coverage and make completions. 12 sacks and less than 200 passing yards in the last 7 quarters is just not good enough.

Sit Kaep on the bench against the Giants? How long will Tomsula put up with it?

That was painful to watch. Positives...defence showed up this week, and it wasn't a huge score against us. Offence did...sorry what offence. Aside from the one decent throw to Smith towards the end, #7 had no confidence to throw & the odd time he did, it was dropped. When you can't throw & have to run, the D will stop that as the Packers did...whether it was Hyde of #7.
    Fans booing in stadium most of the 2nd half.
    In NYC next Sunday night...can see it being similar to this game or worse again if we don't double cover Beckham Jr.
    Tomsula wont bench #7 unless he's told to by York/Baalke...they're not paying millions for a QB to sit on the bench.

It was beyond awful and Kaepernick was terrible but I'm not sure benching him is a good idea, any QB will struggle behind that line and in the long term it may be best to see if he can work though this.

At the end of the season we need to know if Kaepernick can be a competent QB again or not so I'd leave him in there and see if he can work through his accuracy problems.

the accuracy issue is read issue
    the read issue is a pressure issue
    the pressure issue is an OL issue
    the OL issue is JCs issue
    The JC issue is JTs issue

Bottom line, Coach needs to stop playing happy families and make people accountable for their jobs

This is possibly the most depressing thing I've read this week..

Tomsula on calling a run for Reggie Bush on 3rd and 11. Score was 7-3 at this point and in the 3rd quarter
    That was a schematic thing on 3-and-11, backed up right there. So, what we were trying to do, they were bringing a lot of zeros (all out blitzes). We were obviously having a hard time getting that blocked up, so trying to split the zeros with an explosive guy."

Seriously, wtf? They were blitzing so we are going to run right into it? on 3rd and 11? Also the 34 yard line is not exactly backed up either. No faith in this coaching team

This makes for even more depressing reading (one of those weeks!):

Walter Football Mock Draft on the eve of the 2005 draft...

1. San Francisco 49ers: Alex Smith, QB, Utah

For months, this mock draft has disregarded the possibility of San Francisco drafting a quarterback, based on the fact that the 49ers are very stingy with their money. Another reason was San Francisco wanted Matt Leinart, who decided to stay in school.

Things have changed. Talks between the 49ers and Aaron Rodgers' agent have been going smoothly, while head coach Mike Nolan has his eyes set on drafting Alex Smith. If San Francisco can agree to terms with Smith prior to this weekend's draft, they will select the quarterback out of Utah. However, Smith wants more money than Eli Manning was paid last year, while the 49ers organization is stingier with cash than George Costanza. A deal will probably not be completed, meaning Nolan will have to settle with Rodgers, who is willing to take less money to stay in the Bay Area.

Saturday Update: Sources have reported that the 49ers will indeed draft Alex Smith, but they will try to trade him to the team that drafts Aaron Rodgers for the California quarterback and a few draft picks. Tampa Bay wants Smith, so they may draft Rodgers and orchestrate a trade with San Francisco.
    5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Aaron Rodgers, QB, California

It is well known that starting receiver Michael Clayton is lobbying for Mike Williams. Gruden struck gold by drafting Clayton in 2004 but Tampa Bay has absolutely nothing around him at the receiver position, so why not draft Williams to create arguably the best, young receiving duo in the NFL? However, the Buccaneers really want Alex Smith, meaning they could draft Aaron Rodgers (best quarterback in this draft) to deal him to the 49ers with some draft picks in exchange for Smith.

What an utter mess. Rodgers wasn't even the second choice. They wanted to draft Smith, then trade him to whoever drafted Rodgers but get additional picks in return. Too cheap to pay for a QB was the general consensus.

Things haven't improved much. Except for a brief 4 year break while Harbaugh was in charge the team has been a mess for well over a decade.

Anyone remember much of this time, if so what are your memories of the run up to the draft?

Well hello W how are you?
    Come here often?

Do drop by again real soon. Like Thursday night would be great :)

Wore my Jersey watching the match. 'Tis a good omen now.

Kaep stood up, over 300y passing 2 TD and no turnovers. The pass to Torrey Smith was a beaut. Seems to be performing better under center.

A couple of interceptions with crazy throws from unflappable Flacco

VD ran a few routes but why bother playing a non participating TE. I'm sure he was running routes in practice. We need those options

3 down conversion was better

The not so good

Hyde shouldn't have played. 100% fit Hayne over 75% Hyde. I dunno but when are they going to trust Hayne with a series? He did draw some LBs and a few blocks to help Kaep out so not all bad. Just feel that Hyde should have done more in this game and I wonder if it was that foot

A 2nd fumble but to be fair he was lumped in the back and we recovered. Get over it!

Still gave up a shed load of passing yards. Seems Flacco could thrown 7-12 yards gains down the middle at will.

OL bless them gave it loads but didn't get a hand on Flacco for their efforts.

The Seahwks turned over last night too, makes This Tursday Tasty

Good result, haven't watched it yet but will hopefully do so tonight,

Good game...with some good plays. But run game wasn't good, D was iffy again (didn't get near Flacco) and Kaep had some good passes, but plenty of drives that stalled very quickly when the run game didn't work. And have to think if a Rodgers or Brady had the ball in the last minute & half, we would have lost.
    Seahawks on Thursday...who knows! Depends on what team turns up! Hopefully they'll continue to progress and the D steps up too. Also depends on what Seahawks team turns up! Nice to see that team at 2-4 and they have most of their players from last year!

• Advertisement

Spot on from Deion Sanders - “This San Francisco 49ers football team and the fans should be ashamed,” Sanders said on CBS. “The management and ownership should be ashamed."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/22/deion-sanders-slams-pathetic-49ers/

Why should the fans or the team be ashamed?

Players are out there doing their best, JT and the coaches may not be up to it but they have been given the role and are doing the best they can given the players available, the fans have nothing to do with the mess.

The people who need to be accountable are Jed York and Trent Baalke.

Thought Kaepernick was actually pretty good the last 2 weeks but last night was just unacceptable. I know there is no pass protection and they should be calling faster developing routes but even when guys are open he is not throwing it and taking sacks.

Then when he does throw it he is off target, easy passes are high or just out of reach.

Then there is this which I find difficult to comprehend for a professional QB, I mean who is he even throwing it to?

https://vine.co/v/eVJOX6LY9OI

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

yeah that looks like a desperate throw.
    Is he a Jay Cutler?

Still though, I think the right QB coaching staff could turn him into quality.
    He's got weapons.
    Maybe they should run the Option now and again to use his legs.

You know, he had a long look there, so he may be throwing to a Spot, rather than the player.
    But he still overthrew it.

Pretty sure Alex Boone will be gone after this season....

https://twitter.com/Skinny_Post/status/657409263833382912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Also pretty sure this isn't what Torrey Smith signed up to....

https://twitter.com/TorreySmithWR/status/657408860651589632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Antoine Bethea placed on season ending IR. Jerome Simpson activated to the roster from the suspended list.

Watching the 49ers season.... nicholas-cage-reaction-awkward-no.gif

I think the question on everyones lips is as follows:

https://twitter.com/Duderibe/status/658046504205090816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

It gets worse (somehow)....

Jay Glazer was reporting on Sunday that Kap is "on an island" in the 49er dressing room, in other words a significant portion of the team just dont like him apparently.

BASG goes into more detail, I don't normally buy into celebrity gossip and what not but BASG is a reputable source as far as I'm concerned.

Story goes that Aldon was dating this TV personality called Nessa, pics here.

Anyway they split up, apparently after they split up, Aldon was still into here when Kap started dating her. Then when Aldon was releases from the team there were reports of a bust up or that it was Kaps car he hit or whatever.

Now Smith has the following tweet as this story breaks...

[url]

Complete mess as I've said before, give this a read, they seem to have contact from a former member of the coaching staff who provides some insight, near the end of the article...

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/10/27/9616478/colin-kaepernick-49ers-locker-room-future-ugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

This locker room "gossip", thinly failed as what the boardroom wants, that's what happened last year with Harbauragh, locker room reports were everywhere, all to blacken Jim.

Kapernick has potential but with the off line he's not going to show it, I don't believe he's a clutch quarterback but I'd give him some more time.

Advertisement