Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

hey girls,so appointment went well today,not much went on really,my gp was thrilled of course as she was the one who referred me for my laproscopy and had a feeling I had endometreosis,anyway she filled out the form for my hospital(cavan) and said to come back at 12 weeks to see her,also I will hear from the hospital to see them at 12 weeks where they will scan and do bloods and that.She asked about early symptoms and confirmed with her own test.I booked an early scan for 1st september.I fly to portugal on the 10th,my gp was not mad about this but said as long as there is no severe cramping or spotting of any kind I could still go so fingers crossed.
    These next few weeks are so nerve racking,i'm trying my best to stay calm and relax,which is hard with no vino and ciggies:)i'm finding new ways like taking time to go upstairs shut the door and read a good book.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

meggysmom wrote: »
    hey girls,so appointment went well today,not much went on really,my gp was thrilled of course as she was the one who referred me for my laproscopy and had a feeling I had endometreosis,anyway she filled out the form for my hospital(cavan) and said to come back at 12 weeks to see her,also I will hear from the hospital to see them at 12 weeks where they will scan and do bloods and that.She asked about early symptoms and confirmed with her own test.I booked an early scan for 1st september.I fly to portugal on the 10th,my gp was not mad about this but said as long as there is no severe cramping or spotting of any kind I could still go so fingers crossed.
    These next few weeks are so nerve racking,i'm trying my best to stay calm and relax,which is hard with no vino and ciggies:)i'm finding new ways like taking time to go upstairs shut the door and read a good book.

Hey meggysmom, delighted things see going well for you. Reading your symptoms I think im much the same as you. I feel off at times but haven't been sick yet. 10 weeks this week so scan is fast approaching. I'm intrigued by your doc not bring happy with you going to Portugal. I'm going to new York when I'm about 16 weeks pregnant, had thought it would be ok?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Lovely to hear everything went well meggysmom, first step done! Am looking forward to my apt tomo.

Am v jealous of your holidays girls, would love to be jetting off somewhere!

hey yellowhen,well it seems that from week 5 to 12 is not advised if there is a high risk pregnancy or history of misscarriage and I think from week 35 or 36 it a no no.I have googled it and although flying itself does not pose a risk to pregnancy,it's more about something happening on a plane or in another country.It's my decision so I will see how things are going,I flew across America at 8 weeks on my last pregnancy so I'm not too worried about it really:)I'm jealous-New York is one of my favourite places......10 weeks,so glad all is looking good for you,keep us posted on the 12 week visit-how long and what it entails!
    Digs good luck with your appointment this week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭corkgirl17

Glad to hear the appointment went well meggysmom, makes it a little bit more real now!!

Hope yours goes well tomorrow digs!!

• Advertisement

Doc apt went great thanks girls.

She took blood to check my thyroid as it is underactive. Asked me about my symptoms etc and told me everything was normal haha! They are faxing a letter to Holles Street (Dublin) where I am hoping to have baba and just went through the combined care procedure etc... She wants to see me back in 4 weeks :)

Glad to have it ticked off the list :) hope ye are all feelin good?!

that's great digs,roll on the next 6 weeks or so I say,I really want to sit back and enjoy this pregnancy without to much stress.We have decided on 2 children so it will probably be my last pregnancy so once the 12 weeks are up I can hopefully lap it all up:)

Oh I agree! Would love to go to bed for the next six weeks!

You have a tougher job with a little one to run around after and with a holiday to look forward to hopefully the time will fly by :)

Glad the appointments went well for everyone.. We're all counting down the next 6 weeks!!!

Anyone feeling really hungry all the time?? Gonna have to start bringing more food to work with me.. Was so hungry when I got home from work last night, we went out to eat and I ate so fast I'd say I felt sick and couldn't finish it!!

Bit anxious as I don't want to put on too much weight!!

I go from starving to no appetite,feeling nauseous 1st thing in the morning which is not too bad,with other pregnancy it was all day but early days i guess-god don't no if it's the warm weather today but I am soooo bloated,had a t-shirt on and had to change it as was paranoid I looked pregnant:)i'm sure it wll disappear again in the morning!!

• Advertisement

I'm the opposite actually, find I am having to remind myself to eat, I lost a bit of weight before conceiving so maybe it's a psyhcological thing? Like you corkgirl I am nervous about putting on a bit though....

I am so tired and headachey. Straight to bed after work, even though I don't sleep I just need to lie down! Am suffering with a tooth abcess too and unable to take painkillers which is a pain literally, going to the dentist on Saturday who also happens to be my cousin so will have to tell her I'm pregnant :o Hope she can take it out!

I'm with you meggysmom on the bloatedness!! Cannot suck in my stomach any more..

Hope you got your tooth sorted out digs, mustn't be very nice if you can't take anything for the pain.

Have ye all got sensitive gums now? Mine are bleeding when I brush my teeth. Bought my husband one of those water flossers recently and used it the other night and oh my god, a mouth full of blood, was unreal!! Never again!!!

I got the tooth out! Big relief but am in a good bit of pain now, no painkillers allowed or antibiotics so have to keep an eye on it big time for infections! She said to me I might notice my gums becoming more sensitive so it seems to be par for the course with pregnancy corkgirl! Hope they aren't hurting you or anything?

Any of you suffering from night sweats? I woke up absolutely drenched the last two nights, my husband didn't know what was going on :eek:

Digs wrote: »
    I got the tooth out! Big relief but am in a good bit of pain now, no painkillers allowed or antibiotics so have to keep an eye on it big time for infections! She said to me I might notice my gums becoming more sensitive so it seems to be par for the course with pregnancy corkgirl! Hope they aren't hurting you or anything?

Any of you suffering from night sweats? I woke up absolutely drenched the last two nights, my husband didn't know what was going on :eek:
    Hope the pain doesn't last long!!! Poor thing.. No, my gums aren't sore, just inflamed.. Might go to the dentist myself!

Finding it very warm during the night as well, my hair is curly every morning from sweating during the night..

Hi girls,how are you all feeling?Well week 6 has hit me with a bang,with total exhaustion and 3-4 times a night trips to the bathroom,Nauseous on and off mostly in the morning,it helps to eat.I'm usually a 3 meal a day person so I will have to get used to this snacking again,It's strange I feel comforted by the symptoms but it's still hard going,also I will be going bra shopping at the weekend!!!!

I hear ya meggsymom, I am just pooped, cannot muster the energy for anything. I will be lucky to have a job by the time please god I get to tell them I'm pregnant as I just yawned my way through another meeting....:(

My boobs are killer aswell, more so than before. Nausea made an entrance the last two days, was fairly ropey this morning but wore off by about 12. I agree about the comfort of the symptoms, at least it reassures us are beans are doing well :)

Hope everyone else is well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 claireie

Hi Ladies

I hope you don't mind me joining in. I am 5 1/2 - 6 weeks and nervous as hell. I have one daughter who is nearly 11 but had her when i was very young and i suppose all the scariness of pregnancy didn't hit me at all then - but boy am i making up for it now. I had a missed miscarriage last summer which probably explains it.

I work in a clinic so I had a scan yesterday which dated me at 5 1/2 weeks but from my last period i had myself around the 6 week mark, but i am hoping that is ok. I have another scan next week so I cant wait till then to hopefully see the heartbeat. My nerves are gone completely. I am booked into see my consultant on the 30th so i should be 7 1/2 or 8 weeks then.

Sorry for rabbiting on :)

Welcome Claireie and congrats!! You are in good company here I think we are all a bag of nerves....well I am anyway :) I have my first scan next week so like you hoping I can hear babas heartbeat, very nervous but excited too!

Hope all goes smoothly for you!

welcome claireie and congrats on your bfp:)I think we can all understand your nervousness here,the 1st 12 weeks are hard,I wouldn't worry to much about the measurements and dating at the mo,it's so early and you may have ovulated a little later in the cycle,i'm sure things will become more clearer in the next couple of weeks,keep us posted:)

Thanks Girls its good to know that there is a place you can come where there is people at the same stage as you. And you dont feel silly asking questions ;)

• Advertisement

Congrats claireie!! As the others have said you're in good company!! We're all counting down the next 5-6 weeks..
    Lucky you having such an early scan!! Have mine in 2 weeks time..

Hope the symptoms aren't too rough digs and meggysmom!! Have had a bit of nausea too, find if I don't eat regularly that's when it happens.. And the tiredness!! Would live in bed if I could!!
    Don't need to go bra shopping as haven't gotten bigger but did go braless today as they're a bit sensitive!!

But other than that I'm good and welcome the symptoms!! Hope ye're all feeling good too..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

meggysmom wrote: »
    I will be going bra shopping at the weekend!!!!

Oh jesus, mine must be such a dead giveaway...they're huge!!!! I already had to go and get new bra's. please god, they dont keep growing :o

thanks ladies for all your encouraging words

Mine are Massive too - they were quite big to start off with but they have at least popped up another cup or 2. Is anyone else's EXTREMELY sore too?

I know i was really lucky having a scan so early - the one benefit of working in a hospital i suppose :)

yellow hen wrote: »
    Oh jesus, mine must be such a dead giveaway...they're huge!!!! I already had to go and get new bra's. please god, they dont keep growing :o

I'm sure they will reach a peak at some point:)i'm a b cup and went to DD with last pregnancy but reckon I will be bigger this time if it continues at this pace:)

Haha corkgirl I would happily spend my days in bed watching bad tv if I could!!

Claireie my boobs hurt badly at different times of the day and then others they not so bad...prob doesn't help I keep poking at them! I'm not able to run upstairs either they hurt a lot, think I will have to get a new sports bra!

Was watching a programme called hoarders last night and cried the whole way through, my husband couldn't stop laughing. Watched one born every minute for the first time too.... Not a good decision!!

OMG I have been watching one born every minute MY GOD!!!!!!! It actually terrifies you!

A good sports bra is on my shopping list the weekend. (any excuse for a shopping spree)

I have seen every one born every minute.. i used to watch a show years ago on discovery health called birth stories!! that was graphic, showed women giving birth at home! Im the kind of person who likes to know worst case scenarios so one born every minute is very educational for me!! I know i want to stay home for as long as possible cos the screaming women would scare the crap out of me :O

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 11 Kilkenny68

Hello Ladies,

So happy to have found you all! I am due April 11th, first timer. Was feeling pretty normal until 2 days ago when a wave of sickness hit me like a force & i feel like I want to stay in bed for the rest of my life!

Had a doc app last week to confirm the pregnancy, was told to sit back & wait for the hospital to contact me for my 20 week scan, that just seems ages away, i noticed some of you have earlier scans booked, did you just request this & it happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MarieClaire78

HI Girls! Been reading your posts and its nice to know that we're all in the same boat- waiting til the 10-12 week mark! This is my first outing, and I'm sick as a small hospital like Kilkenny ( smell and even sight of food has been awful for the last week!) And I normally love my grub. Have had 2 slices of toast in total today..... And I totally get Digs saying she'll be lucky to have a job by the time she can tell them, i already have a bit of belly and am wrecked/green half the time! Hubby is being a total pet though.... So suffering a bit but all in the name of something exciting.....15th April is my due date......Fingers crossed that we all get the news that we're a-ok in a few weeks time when the first scan begin....Not having my scan to week 12, even tho I'm tempted to get an early one!!

• Advertisement

Welcome girls and congrats!! hope ye are feeling well...

Kilkenny just re the scan I think most of us booked them privately, I did anyway which means you pay for them. I just want peace of mind that everything is going ok for now :)

I got my letter from Holles Street (Dublin) during the week and my first apt is not until I am 14 weeks....I am certainly not waiting that long before I see baba!!

I am so so dizzy today, seeing stars everytime I stand up, haven't gotten out of pyjamas all day :D

Advertisement