Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

got it working, thanks guys

just wondering, how much can i store on a 1 tb hard drive?, how many hours of tv i mean and does it matter if its in high def of standard def?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

just wondering, how much can i store on a 1 tb hard drive?, how many hours of tv i mean and does it matter if its in high def of standard def?

About 4GB per hour in HD

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭liverpoolee

Nowso wrote: »
    load my spark channel list from above

all channels are on it
    tried doing that the other day mate. When I extract the files the “version.xml” that spark is looking for isn't there. What am I doing wrong?

I've got a 500gb samsung m3. I've never gone past 200gb use ever on it. And that was having around 50 - 60 of my favourite films on it in hd also. On my old sky hd box I had a 250gb in it and never got close to using it all.
    1tb is plenty and more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

tried doing that the other day mate. When I extract the files the “version.xml” that spark is looking for isn't there. What am I doing wrong?

its in the db_201407 folder you on your usb

• Advertisement

its in the db_201407 folder you on your usb
    when i extract your file i'm left with a AppDb folder with 7 files in. i put that version xml file which is in your dropbox inside this folder then point it to that,then update. then i get this error
    'incompatible version of database and App'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭championc

Can someone please start an "Amiko Alien2 Spark Discussion Thread" and maybe an "Amiko Alien2 Enigma Discussion Thread" and get this Combobox thread closed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

championc wrote: »
    Can someone please start an "Amiko Alien2 Spark Discussion Thread" and maybe an "Amiko Alien2 Enigma Discussion Thread" and get this Combobox thread closed ?

That's a good idea at this stage me thinks. If atall possible we should start the 1st post off with all the lads images that are posted here to date followed by useful accessories that can be used with the box, e.g external HDD. an installation guide and general dos and don'ts that can and can't be discussed can also be posted.

Anyone else think this is a good way to go or have any other options we can add.

when i extract your file i'm left with a AppDb folder with 7 files in. i put that version xml file which is in your dropbox inside this folder then point it to that,then update. then i get this error

your selecting data base and app mine is a database only your getting it mixed up with the other guys app and database and app download

in the option select database alone

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

I think that's a good idea, re spark/e2 separate threads.....

My hdd is working if I record something instantly, but set timer this afternoon, went to play it back and there is a blank screen, and looking at the time running in bottom right of menu bar it seems to be playing at about 15 x quicker than it should!
    Thoughts?
    On spark btw

• Advertisement

your selecting data base and app mine is a database only your getting it mixed up with the other guys app and database and app download

in the option select database alone
    I am doing database only mate. That error comes up. It's not just your channel list though that won't load, I've tried others. When I download the zip file and extract there is no file that spark will read. It's the same with other channel lists I've tried. It was only when I downloaded the 'version XML' file, which was alongside your zip file in Dropbox, that it saw any file. Then when I loaded up in database only it gave that error message.
    I'll have a good look at it over the weekend, must be something I'm not doing right.

Imstuck wrote: »

My hdd is working if I record something instantly, but set timer this afternoon, went to play it back and there is a blank screen, and looking at the time running in bottom right of menu bar it seems to be playing at about 15 x quicker than it should!
    Thoughts?
    On spark btw
    Did you check beforehand to see if the channel cleared before recording it? On my spark channel list at the moment it's got about ten versions of every channel and only a couple of them clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

This thread badly needs closing, so much out dated information.

I for one have found this thread invaluable. I read about 200 pages of it before I bought the box. It's very difficult for some people though to trawl through 400+ pages to get answers to simple questions.
    I know it must be annoying to you fellas who have gone over the same old bollox over and over again though.
    It's also the best thread on earth on this particular stb.

Imstuck wrote: »

Thoughts?
    On spark btw

try using oscam y mod instead of cccam214 . it may not have been clearing try a timer on itv sd or simular

re liverpoollee

things download funnily from dropbox

there should only be the version and app.tar in the db file . did u download my spark plugins instead?

re liverpoollee

things download funnily from dropbox

there should only be the version and app.tar in the db file . did u download my spark plugins instead?

I download the AppDb.tar.gz.
    I then extract to usb to get an AppDb folder with the following files in.
    dbase
    dbasebak
    file_for_json
    local_event
    readme
    updatelist

Then when I follow your instructions spark will not recognise anything in the folder to update.

It was only when I downloaded your 'version XML' file that I got spark to recognise that and that's when I got that error 'incompatible version of database and App'

I download the AppDb.tar.gz.
    I then extract to usb to get an AppDb folder with the following files in.
    dbase
    dbasebak
    file_for_json
    local_event
    readme
    updatelist

Then when I follow your instructions spark will not recognise anything in the folder to update.

It was only when I downloaded your 'version XML' file that I got spark to recognise that and that's when I got that error 'incompatible version of database and App'

you dont extract the AppDb.tar.gz.

you dont extract the AppDb.tar.gz.

So I just put that file on usb root? And spark does the extraction through your instructions?

So I just put that file on usb root? And spark does the extraction through your instructions?

you put in in the db folder with the version.xml and spark does the rest

• Advertisement

you put in in the db folder with the version.xml and spark does the rest
    Forgive me for my stupidity. How can I put the version XML file into the AppDb folder if I can't extract the original tar.gz file?

Forgive me for my stupidity. How can I put the version XML file into the AppDb folder if I can't extract the original tar.gz file?

you have a folder called db_201406261627 on the root your usb.

in that folder you have the appdb.tar and the version.xml

you have a folder called db2014 etc on the root your usb.

in that folder you have the app.tar.gz and the version.xml
    i don't have that folder.do i just make one up in that name?

i don't have that folder.do i just make one up in that name?

you can its just that the appDb.tar and version.xml need to both be in it

Just did that and got same error message

Just did that and got same error message

choose upgrade type as database on its own not app+database

Heres a re upload of The Spark database . ive zipped it before uploading it to dropbox may work better

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4c6g2zhz5qe4zkw/db_201406261627.zip

Heres a re upload of The Spark database . ive zipped it before uploading it to dropbox may work better

That one worked first time. Thanks a lot for your patience and time mate, I appreciate it.

That one worked first time. Thanks a lot for your patience and time mate, I appreciate it.

im going to zip all uploads to dropbox in the future so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭championc

In Enigma, there are a few locations in menus where you can type something (I'm trying to change the SSID password in wifi setup). The remote is used in the same way like an old Nokia phone (you press the no. 2 once for a, twice for b, three times for c, four times for 2 .....)

However, does anyone know how to clear everything or delete characters ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement