Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 shot dead at Batman showing in Denver

Options

Comments

saw these earlier, does not look like the same bloke to me. Are they the Official released images of the guy?

http://cl.ly/image/0l0r3V2M443l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Different lighting and stuff is the reason for that I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Wow! One's got red hair and the other doesn't.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Of course it's the same guy. The so called "differences" come from him smiling in one which flares the nostrils making his nose look wider and change the character of the skin around the eyes. I would suggest if people start to think that it's a different man, then lay off the drugs, or up your dosage until normal service returns.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

The media are reporting that he claims to remember nothing of the shootings. I also heard on the radio that he had been receiving psychiatric treatment for weeks before he went on his killing spree.

Although it's not the most exact of sciences, I suppose we'll have to trust the experts to do their best to figure out whether he's sane or not. Either way, he'll be locked up for the rest of his life.:)

My own inexpert opinion is that he's as mad as a bag of bats.:cool:

And since he's hardly the only dingbat living in thecommunity in the USA, maybe they really should tighten up their gun laws a lot.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

There's something about this guy that just seems to me to be different from your average spree killer. His life history and personality and even his face don't strike me as being those of a sociopathic killer. Maybe he had some kind of reaction to recently-prescribed prescription drugs.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Of course it's the same guy. The so called "differences" come from him smiling in one which flares the nostrils making his nose look wider and change the character of the skin around the eyes. I would suggest if people start to think that it's a different man, then lay off the drugs, or up your dosage until normal service returns.

Maybe he forked out 30K out of his social welfare benefit income on plastic surgery along with the vast munitions arsenal that he already purchased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Maybe he forked out 30K out of his social welfare benefit income on plastic surgery along with the vast munitions arsenal that he already purchased.

Where can I sign up for such social welfare benefit?

It seems I would only get $500 a month (cash + food allowance) if I lived in Yankee land and went on the dole. Be a long time saving up 30k :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Where can I sign up for such social welfare benefit?

It seems I would only get $500 a month (cash + food allowance) if I lived in Yankee land and went on the dole. Be a long time saving up 30k :(
    This is the question that is going around at the moment, how can someone like that that can't even sit up straight , on welfare for several years suddenly be able to afford all that ballistics equipment including training, protection along with two identical gas masks. This story is full of holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

My cousin got into 50k debt in her early twenties in America as a result of it being so easy to get credit cards so not a surprise... A psychopath can finance himself very easily in the short term, anyone can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

This is the question that is going around at the moment, how can someone like that that can't even sit up straight , on welfare for several years suddenly be able to afford all that ballistics equipment including training, protection along with two identical gas masks. This story is full of holes.

Poor taste Sir.

Funny, but poor taste.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    My cousin got into 50k debt in her early twenties in America as a result of it being so easy to get credit cards so not a surprise...
    His lawyers will be examining his credit card statements,

Much of his artillery if legally bought with credit cards would have to be sent by registered shipping giving details to his suppliers. AFAIK some of the stuff used in both the shoot out and apartment were controlled substances.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Nodin wrote: »
    Poor taste Sir.

Funny, but poor taste.

Full points for you sir!

His lawyers will be examining his credit card statements,

Much of his artillery if legally bought with credit cards would have to be sent by registered shipping giving details to his suppliers. AFAIK some of the stuff used in both the shoot out and apartment were controlled substances.

...marajuana bullets?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

How do they figure he spent $30k?

Either he had a lot more in his house than I know about, or he was a terrible bargain shopper. He'd have done the damage for less than $4k, see maths post earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Either he had a lot more in his house than I know about, or he was a terrible bargain shopper. He'd have done the damage for less than $4k, see maths post earlier.

No idea but conspiracy theorists love lobbing the figure around. :rolleyes:

O stop you now with yer facts. Any day now we'll see how Mossad gave him the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

as usual whenever there is a shooting in the states we criticise them over gun control. if someone breaks into your house, especially when you are home they should be shot.
    if people had the right to carry arms then there would be far fewer muggings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

If someone wants to kill people they will find a way I think what happened on 9/11 proves that as did Oklahoma City bombing. People are evil not inanimate objects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Personally I doubt I'd be able to defend myself without a gun against most people that I would need to defend myself against. If somebody comes at me with a knife or similar what am I supposed to do? I'm not very good at fighting so I doubt I would be able to take the person on and disarm them and I doubt I would be able to run away as I'm not especially fast. The only way I would stand a remote chance of getting out of such a situation unscathed is by having a gun.

Sure such a situation is highly unlikely but that doesn't mean that if I were to end up in such a situation I should be stripped of my right to defend myself.

You don't have to be an Olympic shooter to protect yourself with a gun. It is unlikely many criminals will want to stay around if they are aware that you are armed. According to some sources, including the Kleck studies, most confrontations end when an armed homeowner simply points a gun at an intruder and that intruder flees. According to the FBI there were nearly 2.2 million burglaries, over 9 million property crimes, nearly 85,000 rapes, and 1.25 million violent crimes perpetrated in the US in 2010. In more than one study, when convicted felons were asked what most deterred them from committing a crime, or what they feared most, an armed citizen was well ahead of their fear of police.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kleck

There is much debate on the effectiveness of firearms for defense. There are a lot of variables in any confrontation. However, without the opportunity to arm ones self in the outset, you are nearly guaranteed to be at the mercy of an assailant, whether they are armed or not, regardless of what the debate is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

unless I am mistaken in this country a burglar can sue you if they get injured while breaking into your gaff.

there is also the murkiness of carrying a weapon for self defence. the guards can only help you after you have been stabbed or assaulted. in places like Florida only tourists get mugged cos the criminals know they will not be carrying a firearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

What part of the UN Treaty having nothing to do with US gunowners o you not understand?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Tequipment including training, protection along with two identical gas masks. This story is full of holes.
    Training? Ehhh you could train a monkey to use a firearm. It's hardly rocket science(unless RPG's are in sale now). Gas masks are daftly cheap, so hardly CIA plant territory there.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

http://i45.tinypic.com/33m8itu.jpg

Hopefully someone will be able to identify the real sharp shooter,( guy being carried out.)

http://rense.com/general95/realjames.html

Hopefully someone will be able to identify the real sharp shooter,( guy being carried out.)

The internet....bringing 'different' people together....

What part of the UN Treaty having nothing to do with US gunowners o you not understand?

Say again, you haven't a clue about the UN treaty and its effects on US gun owners.

UN treaty may threaten American gun rights

UN arms treaty takes shape, raising alarm among gun rights advocates

The real conspiracy here is why can't we use just one picture meme and that's facepalm, or any gif/jpeg/tiff that perfectly illustrates "ahh Jaysus Ted". In lieu of that may I respectfully direct interested parties here the true blue seekers will have to fill in the blanks. It's boards.ie's swear filter at fault. The Chinese backed bastards. The yellow peril is strooong in them.

Clearly it's the same guy. That picture "explanation" is beyond daft. THe question "how many people have one ear stick out more than the other"?. ehh loads of people. Though symmetry is a sought after attribute in humans, it's rarely seen. Plus if the paranoid want to pick at it, they may note both pics have the same asymmetry in the oul lugs? As for the nose? In one the guy is smiling and if any of these conspiracy nutjobs/gobshítes/concerned citizens[delete as applicable] took the time to be aware of even the most basic physiognomy, never mind facial anatomy they would realise that the muscles make changes to our facial states depending on emotional expression. Though it seems that's a bridge too far with some.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's funny because in the mug shot the ear actually does stick out more than the other one. There's only one word that describes it really: feeble.

Advertisement