Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 shot dead at Batman showing in Denver

Options

Comments

Im pretty sure this guy was repeating a scene from a batman comic were the a character goes on a killing spree in a cinema.

Now it's the comics fault??
    Just because you use the word motivator, doesn't mean ****, anything can motivate anyone to do anything.
    I think you're hitting them bongs too hard, you've no brain cells left.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Oh FFS this guy has cracked it!!:pac:
    So who would you blame? Heath Ledger or Jack Nicholson?
    :pac:

Don't forget Mark Hamill and Cesar Romero :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Im pretty sure this guy was repeating a scene from a batman comic were the a character goes on a killing spree in a cinema.

Now you really are just making stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lord of the Bongs

Mickeroo wrote: »
    2. He didn't dress up like the joker for a start and when did he call himself the joker?

How many other people watched the 4 year old film you're referring to and went out and killed because of it? Surely this would be a common occurence if these things are so influential? Or maybe, just maybe most people aren't so easily influenced and this guy wasn't right in the head?

according to what ive read the news he called himself the Joker.

I know the guy is insane and its not soley down to the movies video games whatever but these types of killings happen with to much regularity in the US that they must have some contributing factor. Maybe just maybe he became warped from watching to much of this and playing GTA for days on on end?

I dont think Mr Bong knows who they are.:D

• Advertisement

Not me, maybe the news is though. I can only go on what ive heard.

way before my time thankfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

they are a real MOTIVATOR in producing people who go on these killing sprees.

No, these people already exist. They might find a tiny bit of inspiration but the games and movies do not produce them.

That's like saying that Barney is a real motivator in producing pedos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Blay wrote: »

No I wouldn't. That pic is donkeys years old. I've seen it before.

It's not loaded is it? There's no magazine in it.

He's probably a guy on his way home from doing his military service. It's not that he's scared somebody is going to have to be dissuaded from relieving him of his jar of Nestle's milk by having a sub machine gun pulled on him.

I know the guy is insane and its not soley down to the movies video games whatever but these types of killings happen with to much regularity in the US that they must have some contributing factor. Maybe just maybe he became warped from watching to much of this and playing GTA for days on on end?

How do you know he played them days on end? For all we know he spent a lot more time studying than playing video games considering how educated he was.

Why would they warp him to such an extent and nobody else? Do you not think it more likely that he was already mentally fragile for other reasons unknown to us?

• Advertisement

They happen in the us more regularly because you can buy guns on the Internet ffs

smash wrote: »
    No, these people already exist. They might find a tiny bit of inspiration but the games and movies do not produce them.

That's like saying that Barney is a real motivator in producing pedos.

Agree to disagree. That Norwegian guy who killed 70 people was (and im going on news reports again) 'studying' Modern Warfare 3 or one of them games to see how to cope using different types of weapons and how quickly he could kill them, reload etc. Like I said they are IMO a sizable contributing factor to why these people do what they do.

Agree to disagree. That Norwegian guy who killed 70 people was (and im going on news reports again) 'studying' Modern Warfare 3 or one of them games to see how to cope using different types of weapons and how quickly he could kill them, reload etc. Like I said they are IMO a sizable contributing factor to why these people do what they do.

As would a google search, jesus you're clutching at dead straws here.
    Having the weapons to do it is the ONLY real motivator.

Do you know how many copies of Modern Warfare 3 were sold world wide compared to this one individual?

How do you know he played them days on end? For all we know he spent a lot more time studying than playing video games considering how educated he was.

Why would they warp him to such an extent and nobody else? Do you not think it more likely that he was already mentally fragile for other reasons unknown to us?

Look Im not blaming films, video games as the sole cause, people have been murdering each other since the start of time for all sorts of reasons but what I do find (almost) lauaghable is when u bring the infleunce of so called harmless techology like films and video games into an argument like this, the amount of people who believe that has no affect on the person is head burying sand stuff.

As would a google search, jesus you're clutching at dead straws here.

How much of the higher rate in the US is down to the much higher population and unlicenced firearms?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

It was a talkshow audience IIRC.

Not saying he's repeating it though

Do you know how many copies of Modern Warfare 3 were sold world wide compared to this one individual?

One?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

They happen in the us more regularly because you can buy guns on the Internet ffs

Thank you for that insightful analysis of all the rampage killings around the world and their causes. I was having trouble understanding their causes. Of course, buying guns on the internet = violent rampages.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You can do that in Europe too.

• Advertisement

How much of the higher rate in the US is down to the much higher population and unlicenced firearms?

Well that and the fact that weapons are so easy to acquire, especially the type used to go on a "killing spree".

the amount of people who believe that has no affect on the person is head burying sand stuff.

If my kid hit his head off a wall I wouldn't blame mario!

MadsL wrote: »
    Thank you for that insightful analysis of all the rampage killings around the world and their causes. I was having trouble understanding their causes. Of course, buying guns on the internet = violent rampages.

We are talking about this case in the U.S., not the world.:rolleyes:
    Buying guns on the internet = easy access, and is far bigger contributing factor to killing sprees than a video game.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

Racism and right-wing extremism? Hell no, Modern Warfare was the real motivator for that shooting :rolleyes:

If my kid hit his head off a wall I wouldn't blame mario!

ah yes good el Mario, is that the one with people using sub machines guns and car jacking porches?...dont see no problem there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

MegGustaa wrote: »
    Racism and right-wing extremism? Hell no, Modern Warfare was the real motivator for that shooting :rolleyes:

Well....the shortness of the single player campaign was rather infuriating...

again what is it about my point that they are CONTRIBUTING factors that u do not get hmmm?

ah yes good el Mario, is that the one with people using sub machines guns and car jacking porches?...dont see no problem there!
    No it's the one with the plumber who takes magic mushrooms and crushes turtles while he hunts down the giant lizard who violently kidnapped his girlfriend. The thing is that his girlfriend was also sleeping with his brother, and his pet dinosaur as far as I can make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

Dude, Mario goes around eating mushrooms, flowers, and leaves that give him superhuman capabilities - clearly he is the root cause of all our society's drug problems!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Dude, Mario goes around eating mushrooms, flowers, and leaves that give him superhuman capabilities - clearly he is the root cause of all our society's drug problems!

Mario=Swedish House Mafia stabbiness

Advertisement