Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 shot dead at Batman showing in Denver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lord of the Bongs

smash wrote: »
    No it's the one with the plumber who takes magic mushrooms and crushes turtles while he hunts down the giant lizard who violently kidnapped his girlfriend. The thing is that his girlfriend was also sleeping with his brother, and his pet dinosaur as far as I can make out.

i see were ur going with this, 3 more thanks maybe for that one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Well if you're going to troll, be prepared for these kind of responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,510 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

No I wouldn't. That pic is donkeys years old. I've seen it before.

It's not loaded is it? There's no magazine in it.

He's probably a guy on his way home from doing his military service. It's not that he's scared somebody is going to have to be dissuaded from relieving him of his jar of Nestle's milk by having a sub machine gun pulled on him.

Doesn't matter how old it is, the Swiss attitude to firearms is still the same.

There is clearly a magazine in it, the chamber is empty of course.

Or 'probably' a man using the rifle on his own time, since they can buy them from the government when their service is over.

smash wrote: »
    Well if you're going to troll, be prepared for these kind of responses.

im not trolling and dont appreciate been called one and If im trolling WTF are u doing?

You could have thanks too, if you weren't posting hyperbolic BS.:P
    A troll usually posts opinions that are extreme to attract attention...hmmmm?

• Advertisement

im not trolling and dont appreciate been called one and If im trolling WTF are u doing?
    Counter trolling!

RVP 11 wrote: »
    You could have thanks too, if you weren't posting hyperbolic BS.:P
    A troll usually posts opinions that are extreme to attract attention...hmmmm?

ah you cant disprove my relevant posts (relevant to the topic) without reverting to doing some trolling and name calling of your own eh? sad

ah you cant disprove my relevant posts (relevant to the topic) without reverting to doing some trolling and name calling of your own eh? sad

You forget your own posts very quickly, understandable with that username.
    You're the one calling people trolls.

You forget your own posts very quickly, understandable with that username.
    You're the one calling people trolls.

lol read back your posts I havent brought this thread down to trolling pace mate its u and ur Smash friend that can can take Thanks for that.

lol read back your posts I havent brought this thread down to trolling pace mate its u and ur Smash friend that can can take Thanks for that.

Smash friend?:D
    Are you over 18? because i think this forum will cause you to go on a trolling spree....:pac:

• Advertisement

High 5 :pac:

Are you over 18? because i think this forum will cause you to go on a trolling spree....:pac:

an age question, followed by obvious trolling post. let me know if u wanna get on topic

let me know if u wanna get on topic

A topic you have de-railed into blaming Video Games, Violent Movies and let's not forget comics for the actions of a lunatic.
    You're contributing factor means nothing, it's just a way for you to back down a little from you're "they all caused this monster" attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

an age question, followed by obvious trolling post. let me know if u wanna get on topic

Well we were until somebody brought up video games, then the whole thing went to shite.

Of course media has some effect.

Young people seek out positive role models. That's how humans work. We learn behaviours and adopt morals etc from observation. That's the reason why geographically separated societies can have completely different moralistic viewpoints.

In the days before mass-media the only role models young people would have had access to were people in their family or local community.

If you live in a society were gun violence is portrayed 'cool' and the guy with the gun is a badass hero, of course that is going to have an effect on some young people. Only a fool would think otherwise.

That doesnt mean that media is directly responsible, or that everyone will turn into a gun-toting madman. But any mature society needs to ask itself what kind of messages and role models they want to offer to young people.

A topic you have de-railed into blaming Video Games, Violent Movies and let's not forget comics for the actions of a lunatic.
    You're contributing factor means nothing, it's just a way for you to back down a little from you're "they all caused this monster" attitude.

When I said contributing factor it obiviosly meant not the sole factor but one which i considered important and in this case very relevant as some media reports are saying he acted out a scene from a batman comic. yes he was mad also.

Of course media has some effect.

Young people seek out positive role models. That's how humans work. We learn behaviours and adopt morals etc from observation. That's the reason why geographically separated societies can have completely different moralistic viewpoints.

In the days before mass-media the only role models young people would have had access to were people in their family or local community.

If you live in a society were gun violence is portrayed 'cool' and the guy with the gun is a badass hero, of course that is going to have an effect on some young people. Only a fool would think otherwise.

That doesnt mean that media is directly responsible, or that everyone will turn into a gun-toting madman. But any mature society needs to ask itself what kind of messages and role models they want to offer to young people.

So why has Europe been slowly becoming less violent over the last 200 years? A crackdown on "video nasties"?

Nodin wrote: »
    Well we were until somebody brought up video games, then the whole thing went to shite.

yes well some people cant behave or respond to other peoples opinion without the urge for trolling, i cant be blamed for them or their posts.

But most of that can be blamed on bad parenting and undiagnosed mental illness.
    People can get excitement and thrills from these things without wanting to experience them, that's normal.
    Wanting to carry them out is not normal.
    If anything the only fault of the media is to give these lunatics so much time on the news, as then other lunatics can see that as an avenue for infamy.

So why has Europe been slowly becoming less violent over the last 200 years? A crackdown on "video nasties"?

Sorry but thats an idiotic post at best, "slowly becoming less violent" what does that even mean and how are u measuring it? becuase there hasnt be a world war in 60 years we are all less violent?? it only takes a person to change the world just ask Hitler

• Advertisement

Sorry but thats an idiotic post at best, "slowly becoming less violent" what does that even mean and how are u measuring it? becuase there hasnt be a world war in 60 years we are all less violent?? it only takes a person to change the world just ask Hitler

A bit of reading for you.
    http://soci.ucalgary.ca/brannigan/sites/soci.ucalgary.ca.brannigan/files/long-term-historical-trends-of-violent-crime.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

to those of you on here, who have some knowledge of how much that amount of ammounition cost,
    can ye give a guess at what he spent to have that huge amount, and how is it one person was able to possess that much without being questioned by the suppliers of this.
    i know nothing about firearms, so this is why i ask these questions,
    i have a son who is that young blokes age, and if i saw a tenth of what he is reported to have posessed in my sons posession, i would have been looking for an explaination for it, and letting him know that i did not approve

i am sure one only needs a small gun and a few rounds to protect oneself,
    have the parents yet stated if they knew that he had all of this,

also when mine were in college and ask for a bit of help, they would have had to explain what it was for,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

did they really have video nasties 200 yrs ago, i dont think so

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

post 1342, is this a record for the length of time it took a thread to be godwined in AH? :pac:

I thinks its fair enough to say our society has pretty low levels of violence compared to the rest of human history tbh.

goat2 wrote: »
    to those of you on here, who have some knowledge of how much that amount of ammounition cost,
    can ye give a guess at what he spent to have that huge amount, and how is it one person was able to possess that much without being questioned by the suppliers of this.
    i know nothing about firearms, so this is why i ask these questions,
    i have a son who is that young blokes age, and if i saw a tenth of what he is reported to have posessed in my sons posession, i would have been looking for an explaination for it, and letting him know that i did not approve

i am sure one only needs a small gun and a few rounds to protect oneself,
    have the parents yet stated if they knew that he had all of this,

also when mine were in college and ask for a bit of help, they would have had to explain what it was for,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79894065&postcount=1216

Should I give u a link to any number of newspapers, just from Ireland alone, that have the headlines "Drug gang murder", twad be very typical of the times we live in today, or what about a "saturday night brawl"? I do admit we are slightly less violent race today but very slow is this progress

Mickeroo wrote: »
    post 1342, is this a record for the length of time it took a thread to be godwined in AH? :pac:

To be fair they are the main reason for everything bad, past, present and future and seeing as we all know what happened to them they can never retort :)

Should I give u a link to any number of newspapers, just from Ireland alone, that have the headlines "Drug gang murder", twad be very typical of the times we live in today, or what about a "saturday night brawl"? I do admit we are slightly less violent race today but very slow is this progress

Did you read the article and/or watch the video?

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »

was it funny cus i cant access utube in work? all that effort for nothing :p

Advertisement