Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 shot dead at Batman showing in Denver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Ah Jesus. That country really needs to wake up to their social problems and gun laws. The gunmen had tear gas...WTF !
    Theyll be blaming everything from Call of Duty to Batman now without questioning anything half way realistic.
    RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

chin_grin wrote: »
    :pac:

Hey the worlds a dark place brother/sister/whatever you are, the way people see and deal with situations is how we cope. Some do it with humour, you should laugh once in a while.

But it's called "gallows humour", have you ever laughed at the death of someone/something? No? Oh you must be a perfect God-fearing citizen then.

By the way I'm not laughing at the murder of twelve people. We're making a joke of the situation...and also the fact that the US has crazy gun laws. I don't know those twelve from Adam. I'll admit it's sad, but life goes on albeit up its own ar$e.

But sure you just continue to judge me, I don't give a flying f*ck. I wonder do you voice your opinion of disgust at anyone you hear joking about these acts around you? If you're that ballsy here, then you should be in real life.

Putting it in reverse now is it? The old 'gallows humour' clause.

I'm far from perfect, but i tend to draw the line at scrpaing the bottom of the barrell for gags involving the murder of 12 people.

And, yes thanks, I will continue to judge you and the rest of the bottom feeders looking for humour in this awful situation.

I certainly would voice my opinions in real life. I wonder would you be so quick to make such cretinous jokes.

We're done here, don't feel compelled to reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Sky now saying '50' people have been injured

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ah Jesus. That country really needs to wake up to their social problems

I take it you haven't been in any major urban centre in this country lately?

avoided the SHM fiasco too, I guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

The gunmen had tear gas...WTF !

probably bought the tear gas at the local 7-eleven after he was refused beer for being underage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Instantly felt my heart drop reading that.

Saddest thing I've read in a long time.

Poor innocent baby :( did nothing to the world and had this awful end.

The jokes here are absolutely sickening and vile

I'm the same, blood ran cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,214 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Christ.

I am upsetting myself reading about someone 'thing' shooting a baby at clase range.

Have to get out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

Awful thing to happen. Wonder what the initial knee-jerk reaction will be? Insert goths/game fanatics/religious extremist here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

:pac:

Hey the worlds a dark place brother/sister/whatever you are, the way people see and deal with situations is how we cope. Some do it with humour, you should laugh once in a while.

But it's called "gallows humour", have you ever laughed at the death of someone/something? No? Oh you must be a perfect God-fearing citizen then.

By the way I'm not laughing at the murder of twelve people. We're making a joke of the situation...and also the fact that the US has crazy gun laws. I don't know those twelve from Adam. I'll admit it's sad, but life goes on albeit up its own ar$e.

But sure you just continue to judge me, I don't give a flying f*ck. I wonder do you voice your opinion of disgust at anyone you hear joking about these acts around you? If you're that ballsy here, then you should be in real life.

It's called having tact. Seriously, can you give the reporting of 12 murdered people an hour at least before you start to take the piss? Of course you're going to be judged - too right, as you wouldn't dare make this jokes in public unless your mates are similar bottom feeders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

There's a media briefing in 5 mins. Sounds like a shocking scene.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My only contribution to the thread...

The people posting jokes about this are an absolute ****ing disgrace.

And yes, I'm going to name you...

danniemc1q
    OMARS_COMING_
    hande_hoche
    chin_grin
    brutal deluxe

Grow the **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Reported for being a complete tool. LOL.

Reported for calling me a tool.LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

How many more public places have to be targeted by nut jobs before they tighten up their gun law. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

That's fùcked up. Imagine those who died had been looking forward for months to catch this showing only to have their lives cut out in such a pointless way.

Not a goddamn thing will be learnt from this other than the ensuing weeks of finger-pointing and speculations at all the wrong places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    My only contribution to the thread...

The people posting jokes about this are an absolute ****ing disgrace.

And yes, I'm going to name you...

danniemc1q
    OMARS_COMING_
    hande_hoche
    chin_grin
    brutal deluxe

Grow the **** up.

So f**king ignore me then.

People bitch and moan AH is too serious and then someone makes joke and they're bad people?

Jokes are a f**king necessity at the worse of times. My apologies I tried to make myself laugh.

MOD

I care little for BattyMan and I won't watch it but I know it's kinda of a big deal to some. Drop movie spoilers into this thread and you will be banned

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ah chin_grin, I knew I remembered your name. You defended your sick comments on the beheading of two baby seals recently by referencing "Gallows Humour".

Stay classy. When something truely terrible happenss you or your loved ones, I am sure you will get a great kick from reading similar comments to what you post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

donalg1 wrote: »
    But seriously why was a baby at the new Batman film?

I did wonder that too- it's a pet peeve of mine when people do that.

But at the moment that's neither here nor there. I just don't understand why someone would do this. It wasn't a gathering of some religion or group that someone could have a grudge against, it was just people watching a film.

Just want to understand why.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

How many more public places have to be targeted by nut jobs before they tighten up their gun law. Mental.

like they do in schools, colleges and post offices?

seems to have done a great job there alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

MOD

I care little for BattyMan and I won't watch it but I know it's kinda of a big deal to some. Drop movie spoilers into this thread and you will be banned

His name is Batman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

2 more have died in hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Holy shít. What sort of sick fúck does something like that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Temaz wrote: »
    2 more have died in hospital
    It's quite upsetting listening to the police feed. Talking about a women having trouble breathing and needing medical attention asap.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If they catch the guy I think they need to slowly torture him. Poor tear gas in his eyes, remove each finger at a time and pour acid down the newly forming stumps.

I just can fathom why someone would open fire on a cinema crowd. Was it a private premiere of public does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

"gallows humour" it exists and it's a coping mechanism. I didn't make it up so please don't attack me for that.

Please point out my post where I joked at twelve people being murdered, directly. Go on. Quote me..actually I'll do you a favour...

Me referring to the attitude/lax of gun laws in the US.

Quoting another poster about Canadian gun attitude. (and their apologetic attitude).

Ok this was a joke post...but not at the expense or as bad as some of the other posters on here.

- My opinion of the fact that the US almost do it to themselves as they are allowed to buy guns. Also please note that I explain that it's not just that it happened, therefore I recognise it's a terrible act but it's hard to feel sorry when the world is crazy anyway.

So please stop making me an example just because it's convenient to you.

Oh, I'm sure you're "coping" just fine. Go on then, give us a baby joke too? No boundaries in "Gallows humour" is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

like they do in schools, colleges and post offices?

seems to have done a great job there alright.

err... I think he's suggesting guns laws that limit the supply of guns at all, not whether you're allowed carry one in a holster into a Church. Kinda missing the point.

Dave! wrote: »
    His name is Batman

He will always be BattyMan to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Oh, I'm sure you're "coping" just fine. Go on then, give us a baby joke too? No boundaries in "Gallows humour" is there?

You're missing the entire point.

Some people sit around and mope and cry to cope.
    Others try to use humour to cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

FutureGuy wrote: »
    ah chin_grin, I knew I remembered your name. You defended your sick comments on the beheading of two baby seals recently by referencing "Gallows Humour".

Stay classy. When something truely terrible happenss you or your loved ones, I am sure you will get a great kick from reading similar comments to what you post.

In all fairness,this is an internet forum,its anonymous (although you probably could find out someones identity through old posts) and that anonymity allows us to say things that wouldn't normally be accepted in society,i think that's why a lot of people come here in the first place.

A few jokes to lighten the mood are ok i think,and the 'naming and shaming of people' that made jokes in this thread,just LOL.People come here,make up a silly username and talk crap! If anyone here thinks they have some sort of 'Reputation' around here because of there username all i can say is you need to get of the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Dave! wrote: »
    err... I think he's suggesting guns laws that limit the supply of guns at all, not whether you're allowed carry one in a holster into a Church. Kinda missing the point.

an equally stupid idea
    the drug gangs and various assorted criminal ****wits won't give a **** about gun control laws the only people who will be affected by them are the ordinary citizens or victims as they will be known from here on out.

the issues with shootings in america have a lot less to do with guns than they do with how ****ed up america(ns) is/are in general.

Advertisement