Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 shot dead at Batman showing in Denver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Gbear wrote: »
    The good news is that, presumably, he's going to be executed.

How is that good news. Let him spend the rest of his days behind bars thinking about what he's done.

If this shooting proves anything, it's that the death penalty is no deterent.

adam bolton ultimate troll just said on sky news is there a high school nearby OUCH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Yawn. More senseless death in the US. I just don't care anymore.

...and yet you mustered the energy to tell us all. That you don't care.

So now we know. Terrific. How are you on suicide bombings these day? Bit tired of those too? Any time in your busy day for sympathy or straight to apathy there too?

Do let us know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

mup wrote: »
    That's my fear. How can a country like America be so backward? Their ignorance of other cultures and refusal to change is astounding. How many more innocent people must die before they realise the problem is not solely just a few nutters but their society as a whole.

I suggest you get out and meet some Americans, read some American literature or even visit that place. Don't believe and don't perpetuate the stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭gaffer91

These kind of stories always make me so sad. Some people just going about their business, not bothering anyone and then their lives are just cruelly ended by some fúcking nutjob. That could have been anyone in that cinema, could've been you or me. Really heartbreaking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

http://news.sky.com/story/962836/i-saw-a-little-baby-girl-hit-in-the-back

one witness said he seen a baby shot in the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Was just watching FOX News there for a minute and a commentator said something along the lines of "now obviously this incident has nothing to do with firearms".. what the actual fcuk like?! I swear I wouldn't be surprised if they call it an 'act of god' next.

This News Broadcast was brought to you by Glock, Americas favourite handgun manufacturer :rolleyes:

adam bolton ultimate troll just said on sky news is there a high school nearby OUCH

:confused:

sambuka41 wrote: »

:eek: jesus christ

I think hes thinking of Columbine High School,
    its not too far away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

bad parents brings a 6 yr old and a 3 month old to a batman movie

Someday you'll be a parent yourself and if the only way to see a film is to bring the kids along you might just do it. I don't see what's so wrong with it. It would either go over the six year old's head or they'd thoroughly enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

did the news station confirm that, or did they say they HEARD there was a baby shot

until it is confirmed it is heresy - pure and simple.

It's confirmed by the hospital.

You done trolling now? Moron

old hippy wrote: »
    :confused:

he was mentioning that this only happens in usa high schools

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Sickening the amount of people here pushing their liberal anti-gun agenda. This was a mass murder carried out by a madman, people who intend to do these things will always get guns. Had there been another person in the Cinema carrying a gun then perhaps the assailant could have been shot before he killed so many people.

Two thugs tried robbing an internet cafe in Florida last week and a 70 year old who was carrying opened fire upon the two of them shooting both of them but unfortunately failing to kill them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/18/pensioner-shoots-and-injures-armed-robbers_n_1682942.html

Guns don't kill, people do! That's what I love about the US their individual freedoms enshrined in their constitution, if this happened here the lunatic would probably get released after 10 or 15 years in jail. Over in America he will be executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

I saw on this thread earlier that someone said the killer was wearing a gas mask and body armour? Does anyone know if this is true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

mup wrote: »
    That's my fear. How can a country like America be so backward? Their ignorance of other cultures and refusal to change is astounding. How many more innocent people must die before they realise the problem is not solely just a few nutters but their society as a whole.

The fact that it's an amendment in their constitution is where they should be targeting and removing it.

But then you have the weirdos in the NRA and the attitude of "my country, my land, I'll defend it by any means necessary" and their outdated opinion to it. Times have changed, the ink on the paper hasn't. :(

he was mentioning that this only happens in usa high schools

Not China or Norway, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Lumbo wrote: »
    How is that good news. Let him spend the rest of his days behind bars thinking about what he's done.

If this shooting proves anything, it's that the death penalty is no deterent.

I didn't say it was a deterrent. I didn't even say I support the death penalty in practice, but it's going to be a fairly straight forward case and he's going to be executed and that is a good thing.

Do you think that the kind of person who goes into a cinema and shoots ten people is going to experience an epiphany in prison and suddenly feel shame?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

sambuka41 wrote: »

A child, not a baby. Lots of confusion when Americans refer to children under 8 as "little baby girl".

This is probably the source of the "A baby was shot at point blank range" rumour. I would imagine if an actual baby had been shot dead it would be reported by now.

All we know at the moment is of a 3-month-old that's critical and we've no idea if that child was deliberately shot or was hit by a stray bullet.

Stinicker wrote: »
    Sickening the amount of people here pushing their liberal anti-gun agenda. This was a mass murder carried out by a madman, people who intend to do these things will always get guns. Had there been another person in the Cinema carrying a gun then perhaps the assailant could have been shot before he killed so many people.

Two thugs tried robbing an internet cafe in Florida last week and a 70 year old who was carrying opened fire upon the two of them shooting both of them but unfortunately failing to kill them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/18/pensioner-shoots-and-injures-armed-robbers_n_1682942.html

Guns don't kill, people do! That's what I love about the US their individual freedoms enshrined in their constitution, if this happened here the lunatic would probably get released after 10 or 15 years in jail. Over in America he will be executed.

How sickening of you to push your pro gun agenda. On such an horrific occasion. Makes me ashamed of my American heritage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Gbear wrote: »
    I didn't say it was a deterrent. I didn't even say I support the death penalty in practice, but it's going to be a fairly straight forward case and he's going to be executed and that is a good thing.

Do you think that the kind of person who goes into a cinema and shoots ten people is going to experience an epiphany in prison and suddenly feel shame?

No, i hope he ****ing rots in there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Jake1 wrote: »
    Where did you hear the report of a baby being shot at close range?

Mostly earlier on this thread, but it's also on the reddit timeline

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Dave! wrote: »
    It's confirmed by the hospital.

You done trolling now? Moron

reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Stinicker wrote: »

A gun fight inside a dark room packed full of panicking people would not be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mup

old hippy wrote: »
    I suggest you get out and meet some Americans, read some American literature or even visit that place. Don't believe and don't perpetuate the stereotype.

I have lived in America. I have American friends and I have read more American literature than most. My American friends would agree that their country is completely backward on gun legislation and that the majority of Americans are completely ignorant of anything that doesn't have anything to do with America. Have you ever seen the percentages of them who don't own passports? My friends consider themselves in the minority of intelligent, free-thinking and cultured American. I'm not perpetuating a stereotype, I'm speaking from experience. Interesting how you claim I must not know Americans, have been to America or read American literature, based completely on one post. Who's really stereotyping?

wonder why he did it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I am pie wrote: »
    Yawn. More senseless death in the US. I just don't care anymore.

...and yet you mustered the energy to tell us all. That you don't care.

So now we know. Terrific. How are you on suicide bombings these day? Bit tired of those too? Any time in your busy day for sympathy or straight to apathy there too?

Do let us know.

Ah shut up, you smarmy twat.

12 now dead from 14

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silentbang

I feel sad for American society as a whole, they pride themselves on being "the land of the free" when really they are more imprisoned than many a nation, so scared that anyone should threaten them as a nation or as individuals that they kill without thought....sadly these stories come out of America yearly and will continue too as long as guns are so easily available......RIP the victims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

how many more people will die by the hands of guns before they do something
    If everyone in America bar two people got shot, the last two people would still want to uphold they're right to bare arms. It's just ingrained in their culture in some parts of the country. They're as serious about getting everybody armed as an ex-smoker is about getting everybody to quit smoking.

Advertisement