Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 shot dead at Batman showing in Denver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Not me personally, but I'm sure it would satisfy the mother and father of that 3 month old baby that was so callously murdered for no reason.

Tired use? I've used it once.

I'm not trying to score points. I simply believe people aren't punished enough for these types for crimes.

there is no reports of an infant being shot at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

bad parents brings a 6 yr old and a 3 month old to a batman movie

While I don't agree with taking young uns to the cinema, esp for that kind of film - I don't necessarily agree that it's always down to "bad parenting" and I don't think we should be judgemental and latching on to this minor point of the whole tragedy. They may not have been able to get a sitter, who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

It was a f*cking cinema, not a shooting range.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

old hippy wrote: »
    Why all the focus on the baby? Aren't all the victims worthy of compassion?
    Absolutely. But while it takes an incredibly sick and twisted mind to do anything like this, to deliberately also shoot a young baby takes it to another level of sick twistedness.

(and with reports claiming that it was at point blank range it was most likely a concious deliberate act)

stevenmu wrote: »
    Absolutely. But while it takes an incredibly sick and twisted mind to do anything like this, to deliberately also shoot a young baby takes it to another level of sick twistedness.

(and with reports claiming that it was at point blank range it was most likely a concious deliberate act)

And what kind of culture creates such monsters? Such sickness?

• Advertisement

police caught the shooter in the carpark and gave up straight away

stevenmu wrote: »

Where did you hear the report of a baby being shot at close range?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bad parent brought you to term.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

mup wrote: »
    My more pressing concern is how the US will react to this. I hope that it will be a catalyst for changing gun legislation
    Not a hope, the American solution to this kind of problem would be to arm everyone going into the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Why all the focus on the baby? Aren't all the victims worthy of compassion?

What type of punishment would be enough, in these kinds of incidents?

Is State sponsored murder/torture more respectable than street/random murder?

Of course they are, I'm using the baby as an example.

I would say it's more warranted. There would be reason for it. A reason that in the eyes of many people would be just 'reward' for these kinds of acts.

There's never a reason to randomly starting murdering people. Well, there is, but none that could ever be called just, warranted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Really sad. Don't know what else to say.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Not a hope, the American solution to this kind of problem would be to arm everyone going into the cinema.

how many more people will die by the hands of guns before they do something

im tired of turning on my tv to see the latest massacre from the states

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

there is no reports of an infant being shot at.

There was on the news I was watching.

gunman name is james homes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Yawn. More senseless death in the US. I just don't care anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FBI says shooter is 24 years old, lives locally and has given his name up.

He had 3 weapons - an assault weapon (AK-47) and 2 handguns.

Jake1 wrote: »
    Where did you hear the report of a baby being shot at close range?

heresay - everyone is running with this, and it's not even confirmed. It's heresy at the minute

some reporter heard it from someone working in a hospital who heard it from a friend of theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The good news is that, presumably, he's going to be executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Thought and wishes are with all those affected in this terrible tragedy. All those people excited about going to see a midnight new release movie and for some sick, twisted individual person to do this is beyond understanding. RIP to all dead and I hope those injured aren't serious.

Basq wrote: »
    FBI says shooter is 24 years old, lives locally and has given his name up.

He had 3 weapons - an assault weapon (AK-47) and 2 handguns.

gunman name is james homes .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Did you not just say this two posts ago, because..you know, it kinda looks like you're trolling for responses. That and your 'opinion' that the US are over-hyping the murder of 14 people in a cinema.

You wouldn't be trolling there would ya, little bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

While I don't agree with taking young uns to the cinema, esp for that kind of film - I don't necessarily agree that it's always down to "bad parenting" and I don't think we should be judgemental and latching on to this minor point of the whole tragedy. They may not have been able to get a sitter, who knows?

No offense but kids come before any movie, so there is no excuses full stop for a 3 month old or six year old to be at the cinema after 9 at night never mind midnight.

If you want the social life dont have kids.

Society just makes excuses.

Bad Panda wrote: »
    There was on the news I was watching.

did the news station confirm that, or did they say they HEARD there was a baby shot

until it is confirmed it is heresy - pure and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Was just watching FOX News there for a minute and a commentator said something along the lines of "now obviously this incident has nothing to do with firearms".. what the actual fcuk like?! I swear I wouldn't be surprised if they call it an 'act of god' next.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mup

ScumLord wrote: »

That's my fear. How can a country like America be so backward? Their ignorance of other cultures and refusal to change is astounding. How many more innocent people must die before they realise the problem is not solely just a few nutters but their society as a whole.

how many more people will die by the hands of guns before they do something

im tired of turning on my tv to see the latest massacre from the states

And yet, like the rest of us, you're on this forum and glued to the rolling news.

What should "they" do?

Was just watching FOX News there for a minute and a commentator said something along the lines of "now obviously this incident has nothing to do with firearms".. what the actual fcuk like?! I swear I wouldn't be surprised if they call it an 'act of god' next.

Fox is pretty right wing leaning station, who would be in favor of the gun laws I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

NBC News
    @NBCNews

Follow
    RT @KellyO @todayshow Justice Correspondent Pete Williams reports Colorado mass shooting suspect is James Holmes, born December 13, 1987.

• Advertisement

your first problem is your watching fox news :D

Advertisement