Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 16 - League & Cup Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Finished second.
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.league.php#page=standings&id=127820
    Unbelievable streak of good fortune, starting with johnny giving me a walkover in week 9 and ending with Orizio doing me a favor by beating the (formerly) second placed team in week 16.

Orizio, the win/loss ratio is 7:4 in your favour. I hope to make some inroads in that next season, so please don't go anywhere!

Now, to avoid getting trounced in the next two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

finished 4th, made an error and lost to the 7th placed team (who LTNT'd) and so the race for 3rd was over. conserved energy for the rest of the season and settled for 4th.

Will be hammered in the playoff, but hoping to nab third in the 3/4 place play off.

Glad to secure survival, and look forward to renewing squad and seeing where replacements need to be sourced.

Have a marker now and coming 4th is a minimum requirement next season, have a feeling I could push on more with a few squad additions. The gap is not as big as I first imagined between 2/3 and myself. 1st are a little ahead but something to aim for is always welcome!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Team has gradually been coming on. Topped my Div IV, so hope to now go up on first full season (joined at the very tail end of last season).

Should I manage that though, I will be absolutely mauled in Div III, but hope to use the season to develop the squad and maybe even try for a cup run.

Have to get there first though, I already have the winners pot spent in my mind, so better get my mitts on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Big day in blackout world! Play off semis and last 16 of u20 world cup!

And I'm supposed to be studying tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

crisco10 wrote: »
    Big day in blackout world! Play off semis and last 16 of u20 world cup!

And I'm supposed to be studying tonight!

Thank you! Had completely slipped my mind about the play off tonight.

not that I have a chance with much less energy and my best player injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Looking forward to the play-offs this evening, gonna be first time in a long i'll actually be able to watch a game. Both semis in my league look pretty close with no one rolling over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭corny

Its a windy day in Blackout land. Gonna keep it tight this evening!

Good game in prospect with Mauling Bear. Hope home advantage swings it.

forgot to set team... now default team is out. not players at WNIWM. damn no energy saved for 3/4 playoff :(

edit: logged in there losing 10-3 at half time... is there a chance of an upset?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

A special mention has to go out to all those incredible men who are playing for both club and country this evening. It takes a serious player to play two games at once!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Home advantage was enough to swing it for me. I'll be meeting Johnny in a couple of days to get hammered and go home very very happy with silver.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=9314296

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Home advantage was enough to swing it for me. I'll be meeting Johnny in a couple of days to get hammered and go home very very happy with silver.

Glad you've made the final dave. Always thought your team was lot better then the relegation play-offs positions you had the last season or two. Best of luck on Saturday.

Into the final with good energy levels. All down to tactics now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Unleash the mini-rage!

Could have finished first in the league if I had played the last match with my 1st XV on normal/TNT
    Instead ended 2nd.
    Have used a TNT on the semi with Fingal Bears. Took them apart 49-0. Surprisingly 1st also went TNT in his semi.
    Somewhat annoyed that I didn't go with Normal, would have given me something to equal out 1st's homeground advantage.

Here's looking at the big show. Not great energy, but this is definitely the closest CSDS have been to Div II.

Do you not get gate receipts from a home semi? Was expecting dividend from hosting semi but no money came through. :( Do you get money for gate receipts hosting the final?

Damn, those expected 2 home sellouts in a week were big part of budgeting plan :/

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Do you not get gate receipts from a home semi? Was expecting dividend from hosting semi but no money came through. :( Do you get money for gate receipts hosting the final?

Damn, those expected 2 home sellouts in a week were big part of budgeting plan :/

I was about to say "yeah you should definitely get the money, or at least a split of it!"

But now I'm kiiiiinda wondering if somewhere in the back of my mind there's a memory of the playoff reward being tied into the purse. Hmmm...

Eitherway, you should have some money coming in from the prize purse anyhows.

Just checked and I don't seem to have got any gate for the home semi either, so it may be a no-go. Sorry bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭corny

From Documentation

NOTE: All finances for playoff matches are handled by competition organisers. This means that neither of the clubs participating in a playoff match will see either expenses or revenues for a playoff match.

Annoying really. An extra payday would be nice.

corny wrote: »
    From Documentation

NOTE: All finances for playoff matches are handled by competition organisers. This means that neither of the clubs participating in a playoff match will see either expenses or revenues for a playoff match.

Annoying really. An extra payday would be nice.

Ah yes, that's what my brain was trying to remind me of :D

Suppose they can't really give a double reward to people in the playoffs, it'd make the gap between the top and bottom of the league a growing issue. Plus it gives the 3rd place playoff match a reward based on merit on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

ajeffares wrote: »
    A special mention has to go out to all those incredible men who are playing for both club and country this evening. It takes a serious player to play two games at once!

Ya, I had one of my boys (Sutton) making his international debut despite going off injured in the Semi....:D

MilfordBud wrote: »
    Ya, I had one of my boys (Sutton) making his international debut despite going off injured in the Semi....:D

clearly saving energy for a debut performance! :D

Best of luck to all in play-off finals today!

• Advertisement

F*&^ing raging! had team picked to try exploited weaknesses. spent all morning on it analysing opposition etc. got text and replied to that and missed the line up deadline by 15 seconds! :mad: only tactics where saved. fook!!

4th it is... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Pregame stars have me 2.5 stars up. They have hga and lots more experience and slightly better form. Fingers crossed that's already accounted for in the stars.

eoferrall wrote: »
    F*&^ing raging! had team picked to try exploited weaknesses. spent all morning on it analysing opposition etc. got text and replied to that and missed the line up deadline by 15 seconds! :mad: only tactics where saved. fook!!

4th it is... :(

Oh no! Shizbots! Has happened to me before and it's such a crippler!

I was about to say he has it won according to the stars and his home ground advantage, but so far it's 7-0 to me.

Didn't notice the rain. Not sure if that'll go for or against me, guess it depends if he noticed it :D

And now another try. Noice! My monster of a hooker is now as fast as most of my backs and wow... he's just scored an almighty sprinting try. Beast! 14-0. Wakka wakka wakka wakka...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

So far so good. Div III is looming :)

So far so good. Div III is looming :)

Fingers crossed, same for me. :)

Have controlled the entire game, but his backs are lethal and he got a break away try, 13 - 5 up at half time.

Hopefully can push on in second half and get 2 scores ahead, then I might relax a bit! :pac:

14-0 up at the half. Nice wan... though not nice enough to celebrate just yet. Two of his players got sent off, including his superstar 200k+ outhalf. Of course, his replacement is like 160k, so it's not like I'm laughing, but, every bit helps.

Nail biting stuff though, they've been camped in my 22 for most of the match. Feeling some pride for the not stop defence.

Also watching Kilsough vs Bandon. Super close game. 7-7 at the half.

... Back into it! 17-0. Whup there it is! Have a feeling that he may be playing aggressive... not the ideal move when my team has great discipline across the board, they're all like "pew pew pew!"

So far so good. Now just to hold onto this lead

Extended my lead to 23 - 5 in the second half, until a big fight back in the last 10 minutes from them. Held on though to win 23 - 12 and looks like I'll be saying hello to division III! :) Very happy, it'll be a long season, but looking forward to it.

My 34-7 massacre bumps me up in the rankings just enough to get over the auto-promote line.

Fingers crossed I haven't missed something!

Now to figure out where I'm going to make my Div II debut :)

Also nice to see MWSAG and East Coast Tinders also getting the auto-rocket (are Ladyboys boardies as well? All the teams on the promotion table are so damn familiar at this stage!)

Big contingent of boardsies also on the way up once they smash the qualifiers!

Though hopefully they avoid the group of death with Scorched Earth and Cork Coyotes!

Joy!

You've no idea how happy I am to have escaped Fetch's league!

• Advertisement

How long before promotion is confirmed / you see what league you move in to?

Advertisement