Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 16 - League & Cup Banter

Options
  • 18-07-2012 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Just making an aul space for season 16 fun.

Again, hopes and goals for the season?

Personally, if I don't get that Div II shot this season, I may just move to Canada (not really though, that'd be a mad idea, I'd just be disappointed.) :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I'm hoping to actually better 6th in division II next year.

Spent 5 seasons total in div II and finished 6th every time. I want to see some progress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I joined a league in division 4 with two pretty decent teams in it, one has gone up automatically after winning play-offs and the other is more than likely too strong for me to go up next season.

My main aim would be to build up good staff (all level 4 with level 3 head coach) and facilities over the season (level 4 training facility and get stadium to 6k), train up players and get second spot in the league after finishing 3rd in season just gone. Also, another team joined a couple of weeks after me, so to try and maintain superiority over them. Hammered them in the play-offs.

The following season I'll be ready to fight my way up I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

i hope to get promoted this year. Also hope to get to last 16 in the cup (ambitious i know!)

Just noticed the team who won league (and are were whupped 103-0 in playoffs) sold 4 or 5 of his best players. I think hes moving leagues (2nd team i reckon) -but if not i hope he banks the money and doesnt strengthen his team more :D

be nice to get back for a 2nd season in div II

I'm also hoping to run an affiliate...and would like to see that team build up trainers & improve a few players -might initially train 5players * 4 sessions to improve the team for the first season, and season 2 get a good youth (or 2) to start training

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

How does the affiliate club thing work? Are they 2 completely independent clubs? Finally, where is it covered in the docs?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I joined a league in division 4 with two pretty decent teams in it, one has gone up automatically after winning play-offs and the other is more than likely too strong for me to go up next season.

My main aim would be to build up good staff (all level 4 with level 3 head coach) and facilities over the season (level 4 training facility and get stadium to 6k), train up players and get second spot in the league after finishing 3rd in season just gone. Also, another team joined a couple of weeks after me, so to try and maintain superiority over them. Hammered them in the play-offs.

The following season I'll be ready to fight my way up I think.

Make sure you do your maths on all that level 4 stuff. Not sure if your stadium/fans will be big enough to allow you to afford it with only one season in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

crisco10 wrote: »
    How does the affiliate club thing work? Are they 2 completely independent clubs? Finally, where is it covered in the docs?

its not in the docs yet (afaik).

basically you have 2 clubs. Main club in country A, affiliate in country B. Your Affiliate manager name (should!) be xyz2 (with xzy being your original name).

you cant transfer players between clubs, nor affect ranking points with matches between clubs.

you need to have premium for both clubs (affiliate is half price).

later once the devs have done some work, you will only have 1 manager name, and both clubs will be accessible from this name. you can have more than 1 affiliate club aswell (if you have that much free time!!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

This season I get my Act together, I splashed over 2 million on a 21 year old Backrow (after hoarding cash for a few seasons) That completes my backrow as I had a mule playing there as a stop gap for 2 seasons. I still have over 2 million in the bank so a centre will do nicely at the end of the season. That's the team rebuilding goals for the season ahead, as for League! I'd be happy to get into the top 2 and maybe just maybe get a crack at Division 1, then again I might just settle for mid table and look to win the Canadian Cup as I'm coming back to BR Ireland next season. I am also considering running for Irish Journalist, for a brief moment I considered the NT job again, sense kicked in as I really don't have the time to do that again.

So I'm hoping for a great season ahead, Tromp will break into the NT side and watching Fewis emotions throughout the season always keep me entertained.

Phonehead wrote: »
    This season I get my Act together, I splashed over 2 million on a 21 year old Backrow (after hoarding cash for a few seasons) That completes my backrow as I had a mule playing there as a stop gap for 2 seasons. I still have over 2 million in the bank so a centre will do nicely at the end of the season. That's the team rebuilding goals for the season ahead, as for League! I'd be happy to get into the top 2 and maybe just maybe get a crack at Division 1, then again I might just settle for mid table and look to win the Canadian Cup as I'm coming back to BR Ireland next season. I am also considering running for Irish Journalist, for a brief moment I considered the NT job again, sense kicked in as I really don't have the time to do that again.

So I'm hoping for a great season ahead, Tromp will break into the NT side and watching Fewis emotions throughout the season always keep me entertained.

I think you'd do a good job as journo. Not sure who's going for the NT job, it's a curious one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Just making an aul space for season 16 fun.

Again, hopes and goals for the season?

Personally, if I don't get that Div II shot this season, I may just move to Canada (not really though, that'd be a mad idea, I'd just be disappointed.) :D

Couldn't have said it better myself, need some results this year

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

Back in Div II... made a few Greyhound like purchases to boost squad strength, hopefully it'll keep me in the division (possibly a play-off, one can dream!!).

Stadium capacity up to 14200, so should have more income from attendance with the promotion.

Goal for the season... Beat the missus, who also got promoted to Div II.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

New leagues are out.

Well Mauling Bear and Breifne Blues are promoted to II.3 and Open Side relegated to it.

League just got a lot tougher and I will be lucky as hell to stay up.

Considering putting all my efforts into a good cup run.

mar-z wrote: »
    Well Mauling Bear and Breifne Blues are promoted to II.3 and Open Side relegated to it.

Breifne are a good side. Camped in div 3 playing wnwim for seasons on end. Be interesting to see if they adapt to "playing" every week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

You need to get lucky with the draws in the cup though, at least in the league you can plan weeks in advance who you want to target.

Div 2.1 hasnt gotten any easier either with kilarney, bogwarriors and scorched earth all joining the party. Good thing i just bought a new 200K csr flyhalf for a bargain! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

3.10 is odd. One promoted, one renamed, 2 demoted and 3 up from the 4th:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Got a very strange fixture list, 4 of my first 5 league games are all at home. Need to bring in the points from those games or the second half of the season when im away could be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Aiming to stay in division II this season. in div II.4 with BJD. looks to be a few winable games, and if can catch a few of the top teams out and pick up some points we shall see. will be good anyway!

bring it on as they say!:D

Got a very strange fixture list, 4 of my first 5 league games are all at home. Need to bring in the points from those games or the second half of the season when im away could be a disaster.

Also need to watch the cash flow there. Between cup run and all those home games, ur gonna feel flush with cash but will have little cash coming in in second half of season...

Just checked, I have weird fixtures too. Home for 3, away for 3, home for 1, away for 3, home for 3 and finish away. Means I have 6 out of 7 away games in middle of season. I'll struggle for cash myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Wow the standard in III.1 is insane this season. Feels like div II from a few seasons ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Hoping to try stay up in d3 this time, relegated by a point last time although sold my best player a potential u20 prop and my star winger towards the end of the season. Back up this season with a higher skill set, a better replacement prop, decent full back and finally a lock over 200cm tall. Also bought a 65k asr versatile player for 20k so hoping to get a season out of him before my next batch of youth players come up.

3 teams I have no chance against, 1 I think i can beat both times and the other three are up in the air. I play most of the easier teams away from home at the start though so chances I could be left with little or no points by midpoint in the seaosn which might play into my hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Promoted to Div III 2. Tough but should be ok. 1 already looks to be heading bot. :D

SH Brennan also got called back up for u20 squad so its all goood. :p

That's a nasty mix alright. Mauling Bear is definitely a major improvement on Vitamin G who came down in her place (as in MB are much better, so... not really an improvement for you.)

Open Side are also quite a beast of a team.
    Breifne are a good side. Camped in div 3 playing wnwim for seasons on end. Be interesting to see if they adapt to "playing" every week...

I was about to contradict you there, but you're right. Turns out I've had Breifne confused with Braybarians for the last two seasons, so I fear my advice on playing Breifne was actually useless unless they're a very similar outfit to BrayBs! Oops!

Have three lads up from Div 4, and Vitamin G down (who are weaker than MB) so I predict a major fight this season for promotion. Vit G have the best squad in the league by a long shot, but not as massive a gap as with MB. Fingal Bears will also probably try push through this season, think Fetch was using last season to get his house in order. The Div 4 teams are decent enough, think all three are straight down and back up again cases, so they should have their heads in Div III mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Just picked up a 50k full back for 5000 which means I can shift my star player to 10 and strengthen both the centre pairing and the number 8 position. On the search for one more bargain before I go into debt when this weeks finances are done. I really dont think I will get out of debt at all this season. Need at least 5 cup games from looking at my figures which is going to be tough to do as my main focus is on staying up. Also going to have 250 stars to recruit players from in the next 3 weeks so hopefully I can get lucky with them

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

Ah sure, she has me to help if she needs it

Davyboy. wrote: »

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn

Davyboy. wrote: »

Ah does that mean I've both Davy's and Phonehead's better halves promoted into my league? (you heard me Corny and Johne, my league :p)

Over half my games have a semi boards derby feel then and I wont be favourite in any! :eek:

Ah does that mean I've both Davy's and Phonehead's better halves promoted into my league? (you heard me Corny and Johne, my league :p)

Over half my games have a semi boards derby feel then and I wont be favourite in any! :eek:

Whose house?! Mar-Z's House!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Unfortunately for you she takes no assistance from me;) As you can see by the fact she is Board Div I and I'm camped in Div II:mad:

Phonehead wrote: »
    Unfortunately for you she takes no assistance from me;) As you can see by the fact she is Board Div I and I'm camped in Div II:mad:

I did say better half! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

First Taste of Div 2 This season, Looks like it will be pretty brief!

Advertisement