Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 16 - League & Cup Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

Got my second league win today against Reddogwarriors, felt I had to TNT to beat him considering our positions in the table, he only went normal in the end so won fairly handy, wish he told me, have Open Side in the cup next and my team are knackered

• Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭corny

Davyboy. wrote: »
    Got my second league win today against Reddogwarriors, felt I had to TNT to beat him considering our positions in the table, he only went normal in the end so won fairly handy, wish he told me, have Open Side in the cup next and my team are knackered

I think Openside will go bot on Wednesday or Thursday; its been 8 weeks since they logged in. Check it, you could be in luck.

EDIT: Just checked. I make it they'll go bot at 7.16pm on Wednesday evening according to the rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

corny wrote: »
    I think Openside will go bot on Wednesday or Thursday; its been 8 weeks since they logged in. Check it, you could be in luck.

EDIT: Just checked. I make it they'll go bot at 7.16pm on Wednesday evening according to the rules!

so davyboy hits the lucky streak with potentially a bot in the cup this late!! lucky man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Open Side will be an aul great white removed from the sea, the crazy Scottish chancer!
    Reckon he misses the banter? I know there was somewhat of a "wtf?" moment when he arrived in Div IV with a Div I worthy team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

I dont think they will go bot straight away. I think there is some batch job that runs daily that botifies (?) teams. I guess it depends on when that job runs:rolleyes:

heres hoping that if u do lose to him I'll get the bot in the next round (if i win) :D

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »

I dont think they will go bot straight away. I think there is some batch job that runs daily that botifies (?) teams. I guess it depends on when that job runs:rolleyes:

heres hoping that if u do lose to him I'll get the bot in the next round (if i win) :D

REALLY appreciate the sentiment of good will there daheff :P

Either way, I'm playing my seconds on WNIM, if he goes bot I win, and then I get to TNT you in the next round (hopefully) ;)

Either way, I'm playing my seconds on WNIM, if he goes bot I win, and then I get to TNT you in the next round (hopefully) ;)

ooo....sounds like the start of a bitter rivalry

bring it on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

playing greyhound away tonight in cup. i have him in scrum and lineout but he has me in kicking, everything else is dead even. would love to win this one.

playing greyhound away tonight in cup. i have him in scrum and lineout but he has me in kicking, everything else is dead even. would love to win this one.

It would be a great win!

Hard to pin down because he always seems to be changing up his team with new (old) blood.

Bad news...he didnt go bot. tough break davy

• Advertisement

Did he log in or... ?

Fewcifur wrote: »
    It would be a great win!

Hard to pin down because he always seems to be changing up his team with new (old) blood.

Its not gonna be a great win, its gonna be an unbelievable ass whooping! im leading 3-51 with 7 mins to go.
    Did he log in or... ?

He didnt log in but hasnt gone bot yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

You sound very upset;)

Now im after getting Openside in the next round, better turn bot this time.

His 8 weeks is up!

His 8 weeks is up!

Ya jammy get Jsmack ;) good luck man

Eitherway, if he's not logging in then he'll be using the exact same tactics and his lads will probably be prrrrretty tired, so a lucky draw regardless.

Nice win by Kilsough South tonight too!

Zagato wrote: »
    You sound very upset;)
    ah - i'd have a certain amount of sympathy for davy...something similar happened to me in a semi final of league a couple of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Was there something a few seasons ago brought in where if a team goes bot in the first half of the season they'll hang around until the first round of league fixtures are finished (i.e. end of week 7) so the league isn't messed up by some teams playing a human team and others a bot? Although I can't find it anywhere now.

I'm hoping they don't go bot before the weekend. I don't want Gufingolfini to get a free win :(

mar-z wrote: »
    Was there something a few seasons ago brought in where if a team goes bot in the first half of the season they'll hang around until the first round of league fixtures are finished (i.e. end of week 7) so the league isn't messed up by some teams playing a human team and others a bot? Although I can't find it anywhere now.

I'm hoping they don't go bot before the weekend. I don't want Gufingolfini to get a free win :(

But they've such a jaunty name "Guf Guf, Gufingolfini!" Yeah! :D

• Advertisement

Those Golfini bastards always get it easy:D

Openside are now Rockcorry Bucks.

Woohoo!! pity im away from home in the cup to him, gonna make peanuts from gate receipts

i made that suggestion...i dont think it was accepted. the reasoning was something along the lines of it preventing new managers joining in higher leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Those Golfini bastards always get it easy:D

They are just one of the 3 teams I was targetting finishing above, it's annoying as hell that they get 5 points out of a game I threw. :( Still it's luck of the draw and I'll just have to stay ahead anyway!

i made that suggestion...i dont think it was accepted. the reasoning was something along the lines of it preventing new managers joining in higher leagues

Yeah as Corny said Openside are now bot so it didn't get accepted (or at least not yet implemented).

One more question, is there not a points deduction for a team going bot? I have seem this as a suggestion though, but again thought it was implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I just got me a spanner! Who to ban???

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i think mar-z just asked for it ha ;)

Phonehead wrote: »
    ban em all...that'll teach em :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Phonehead wrote: »

took me quite a few minutes to work out what you were talking about! firstly I thought it was a real spanner and I was like is Wex drunk again or why is he excited by a spanner!!

eoferrall wrote: »
    took me quite a few minutes to work out what you were talking about! firstly I thought it was a real spanner and I was like is Wex drunk again or why is he excited by a spanner!!

I'm still lost. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

eoferrall wrote: »

I'm still lost. :D

Ah bless :)

Advertisement